Old 07-12-2007, 09:18 AM   #256  
Liza - LAWL since 6/17/07

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoubelle68 View Post
Liza - too funny! I haven't had that experience, but I did have to watch for three days while a Cool Whip tub came out!! We didn't know Roux had eaten it until it started coming out.
How on earth???? I'm sure you were saying that too! Fortunately, the dog is slightly smarter. He only eats hair off the floor. I don't understand that either.

I once found my missing keys in Mini-Me's diaper. I prefer to think she was just trying to hide them from me so I wouldn't go to work rather than she digested them....
lizababe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 09:41 AM   #257  
Started June 1st '07

S/C/G: 205/165

Height: 5'6"

Hey chickies & rooster!
I have to toot my own horn and say I'm rather darn proud of my eating habits the last 5 days - darn near POP. I had a couple of slip ups, but paid for them and now don't want to go down that road again!
I got out for a 2.25 mile jog with the dogs last night - AWESOME, made me feel great. I really need to do that more.

I'm excited to step on the scale tomorrow morning - I can't wait to see what it tells me. ***of course I'll cross my fingers that it's good :-)

About the dogs peeing:
I am NOT a fan of wee pads - sure he ain't peeing on your floor - but you're showing him it's acceptable to pee in the house.
If you cannot watch him 100%, honest 100% - crate him or put him outdoors. Crates are WONDERFUL tools - they're not punishment and shouldn't be used for that -but if it works - USE it. Give them a kong with PB inside or a big raw meaty bone to keep them busy - feed them in their crate so they associate good things with their crate. Leave it in a room that people use frequently (livingroom) so they're not left out. My first dog spent more time in her crate than out until she could hold her bladder and go outside. She's still alive and happy :-)

Most people look at me like I told them to shoot their dog when I tell them to 1. crate their dog(s) and 2. keep their dogs on a leash or fenced.

Clean peed on areas/stuff with a enzyme cleaner like Natures Miracle or Simple Solution - if you don't get the smell out it will just keep happening.

With your dog and the new baby - yes it could be attention & time spent with the dog - dogs NEED exercise and daily human interaction. It could also be a "top dog" sort of thing and he could feel "challenged" by the new comer.
***Feel free to PM me with doggy quesitons :-) I live for that stuff ! and love to help people out. Believe me, I know it can be frustrating - but things can always work out - dogs just take time & energy & lots of love :-)
Snowdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 09:42 AM   #258  
Amy

Good Morning All!

Nothing much going on here. I hosted poker night for friends last night and didn't drink at ALL! There was some good stuff too... Corona Light, Pomegranate Beer... But I stuck with water.

Thank the Lord the weekend is almost here. I am going down to VA with the BF to visit the parents again. It's very tough to stay OP when I am there. His mom is happy at her weight (she's very heavy, to the point of health hazards at 64...) and doesn't think I need to lose any weight. Yeah, ok. SO, she buys cheesecakes, snacks, soda, YOU NAME it. I think she's trying to sabotage me.

An oil-refinery was struck by lightening last night and caught fire in the next town over... My older brother is a chem. engineer and informed me last night to go get gas as the gas prices wil probably go up as a result. Hmm.. of course at 11:30 last night it was the last thing I wanted to do... so lunch is weigh in and gas! Ha!

Anybody make anything new recently worth sharing? I am in a baking/cooking mood and am having Mom and sister over for dinner tonight and don't know what to make yet...

Thanks!
JerseyMadchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 09:50 AM   #259  

Height: 5'2"

Thanks for all the support everyone. I have to wait about a month before I see my gynecologist because she's on leave right now, and the week she comes back I'll be at the beach. I guess that will give me plenty of time to read up on my options.

Kristen - Personally, I think you've done so well that one B Wizard (as long as it's ONLY 1 and you don't think it will start some chain reaction) won't hurt you.

Nicole - Poor DS! I had my tonsils taken out last November, so I know how it can be. However, I've heard that for some reason kids seem to do better than adults. Of course, my doctor said it's probably just because kids don't complain as much as we do. LOL!!!

Hello to everyone else!! Congrats to all the "losers", hello to all the "newbies", and hope everyone has a POP day!!
mamato2girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 10:06 AM   #260  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizababe View Post
Oh and snowdogs... kids and pets are a lot alike. Except, the furkids never learn to stop eating everything they see on the floor. Ever had to pull a ribbon out of a cat's butt while you were entertaining 30 guests for Christmas dinner?
LOL!!! Yes! Except mine was tinsel out of a Maltese's butt!!!!
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 10:11 AM   #261  
Katy66

Good Morning All! Hope everyone is having a good day. So far so good with me, staying on plan. Yesterday was a little different but I didn't get off plan much...an extra 1/2 dairy and not all my veggies. Oh well, just one of those things.

I did make the fruited chicken salad out of the LAWL cookbook for dinner last night. It is very good if you haven't tried it. I added chopped celery to mine for some crunch and to get a veggie in.

Oh, Wendy - Can't help but notice that looks like an NC State flag behind you in your avatar and your location being NC I was wondering if you were a graduate? I'm not but my Dad was so the whole family are die hard Pack fans.
Katy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 10:20 AM   #262  
LAWL Salt Police

Morning all....

Liza - Do I need to give Zevely a call and have him provide some muscle for you when dealing with the newsroom kneebiters?

This day got off to a great start... sigh... DS is sick and kept us up late with a coughing fit... So Liz and I are both knackered this morning.. I woke up late and had to run out the door, forgetting all about breakfast.. So here I am at work, with a totally empty stomach and no time to go to the store to get anything decent to eat.. I'm determined not to give in to the quicky Micky D's trap, or stop to get a breakfast burrito!!

I did have a handful of grapes that were leftover from an office party I missed yesterday while I was out. Luckily the box of cookies and plate of muffins were all gone.

Anyway, I'm out and about more today, so I'll check in with y'all later!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 10:34 AM   #263  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Morning all--busy day today--laundry, packing (YES Joni--tomorrow we leave) but I won't get into vacation mode until about Tuesday. Have to get through DH's family reunion first. Oh joy. Started the lawn yesterday afternoon (idiot me--it was overcast and I am one burnt chick!) Starting pouring when I was about 3/4 finished so I will finish this morning to have it behind me. DH was so proud since he didn't have to come home and worry with it. Geez--it's not like I am working or anything! He was supposed to do pipeline flying this week but weather has put it on hold--yeah--now he doesn't have to until after vacation. Apparently it's exhausting--no idea. My school freak wants to get her school supplies today (she would go year round if possible!) so we will do that while I round up last minute stuff for the trip.

Renee--I had to laugh about hormonal kids--I took a mini-seminar last fall on "Queen Bees and Wannabees" and it was perfect since I had a 4th grader at the time--and all her friends are always here--such drama--but I can laugh because I know it will pass.

Thanks to everyone about the job issues--I appreciate all your support more than you know. And I LOVE the reminder that they interviewed a lot and only ONE got hired--I needed the perspective. Other than the paycheck I really like my current job (like so many others I like the "bad" kids--there is always so much more to their "badness" and it's a personal mission to get inside their head).

Heather--we have a nurse like you and we love her--she doesn't get suckered (very often!).

Felicia--can you come live with me and cook all your wonderful sounding dishes?? I'm not really that far.

Liza--can I go with you?? Do you live in San Diego or on Coronado's Island? We went a few times when we lived in AZ and always stayed on CI and loved it.

Joni--I had just read the HG article, too! And of course I have the Cool Whip Free in the fridge (used it in my 4th of July trifle (thanks Katie!) but will definitely buy the reddi-whip in the future.

Kristen--take the day off---I think I will try a Katie and skip it for a few days and see if it helps. I have not been LAWL perfect but I have stayed under 1300ish calories per day and exercised and my scales haven't budged in weeks (or budged in teh right direction!)

Snowdogs--great jon staying so OP! And thanks for all the dog advice. Mine hasn't had an accident since she was a puppy but it's weird--when she wants to go out she just sits on the rug by the door but that's all the sign we get and I am always afraid if we aren't in the room we won't get her message. When she wants in she hurls herself at the door so I know she "gets it". Weird dog. Gotta love her.

Amy--stay strong at BF'sMoms--it's hard when faced with so much. Geez--can gas get any higher??

Wendy--I hope they get you figured out and you are comfortable with the solution. Sorry you have to wait so long.

Hi to ALL--gotta get something done--when I am chatting with you guys my house could fall around me but I can't seem to leave until I have caught up on ALL the posts!
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 10:35 AM   #264  

S/C/G: 223/ticker/140

Height: 5' 7"

YAY!! Nicole is back.....sort of....... missed you girl

DH had his second interview yesterday. it was a phone interview and I listened in. we both felt it went very sucky! it is a manager position and although my DH has been in the buisness for 25 years, he really hasn't stepped up to being a manager much yet. and they really wanted to hear about his manager experience and he kept side stepping the questions because he didn't really have an answer....... a couple times he tried to lighten the mood with humor....... he is quite the wise cracker, and they would pause......then ask another question. not even a chuckle. He really does better face to face. His personality is hard to register on the phone. so.......oh well. Press on. we haven't heard what they think yet but we both felt it didn't go well.

I have been way off plan. DH took me out for a date last night while all the kids were at VBS. and we went to PF Changs. mmmmmmm. we ordered 3 entres and 2 desserts for the TWO of us!!! and ATE IT ALL!!!!! very bad! but oh my was it yummy. Last nights date was all his planning, tonight I get to plan the date. I wanted to take him to a movie, but we drop the kid off at 5 for VBS and pick them up at 8:30 but all the movies start at either 4:30 ish or 7:30 ish..... so that is not going to work. so I don't know what we are going to do.

I have been terrible about personals. I need to try better. I can't wait til school starts already so I have quiet mornings!

My computer is still sitting., I dont' know what I am going to do with it. I have hundreds of pictures that I need to get off of there. I think I am going to just start pulling them off and taking them to Walmart to print. and when I have them all I can do whatever with that dumb blue screen of death....... let it die......

Miss you all. I have been so busy I feel out of touch. Big Hi to all the newbies. You have come to the right place.

a few quickies........
Liza, sorry about the work problems. that is such a pain.
Dan...... I am still hovering around the 208-206 as well..... lets get under that 200!!!!

Nicole...... I have missed you!!

Hi to every one else!

by the way...... still no drive thru........ 2 weeks now!!!
zambejaly5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 10:51 AM   #265  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Lettie--maybe the interview wasn't as bad as you thought. I've had great interviews lately and not got the job so a little reverse-psychology may be in order. Good luck to you both.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 12:06 PM   #266  
Princess Heather

Well today is a new day! I'm over my hamburger fit....and Katy you made it sound sooooooooo appealing...LOL

Today we are teaching DFD a bit of independence. She will be going to daycare when I go back to school and she needs to learn that she doesn't have to be in someone's arms 24/7. I won't say too much about who taught her this "I must be held all the time" lesson, but he's not here right now! LOL She's not too crazy about playing on the floor instead of being held...but come August she will have to learn to accept it! So why not start now!

Planning a POP day today....cooking at home tonight....i'm having Mahi mahi....not too excited about it..but i thawed it and it's on the menu....the boys are having fish sticks because DH can't eat things that are breaded and fried! LOL

Everyone have a good day and i'll check around later!
CandlePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 12:19 PM   #267  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Amy, here are my 2 favorite LAWL dishes for company. No one has a clue this stuff is diet!

Chicken 'N Dumplings (Posted by Cassie)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OH MY GRAVY!! as Rachel Ray would say. DELISH!!!!

Ingredients:

1 1/2 lbs chicken breast tenders
1 tsp olive oil
1 tbsp light butter
1 medium russet potato, peeled and diced
2 medium carrots, peeled and diced or thinly sliced
1 medium onion, chopped
1 rib celery, diced
1 bay leaf, fresh or dried
Morton Lite SaltŪ and freshly ground black pepper
1 tsp salt-free poultry seasoning
2 tbsp flour
1 quart reduced-sodium, fat-free chicken broth
1 (8 oz) small box biscuit mix (preferred brand Jiffy Mix)
1/2 cup warm water
Handful flat-leaf parsley, chopped
1 cup frozen corn

Preparation:

Dice tenders into bite size pieces and set aside. Wash hands.
Place a large pot on stove over medium high heat. Add oil, butter, vegetables and bay leaf and cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Season mixture with salt, pepper and poultry seasoning. Add flour to the pan and cook 2 minutes. Stir broth or stock to the pot and bring to a boil. Add chicken to the broth and stir.
Place biscuit mix in a bowl. Combine with 1/2 cup warm water and parsley. Drop tablespoonfuls of prepared mix into the pot, spacing dumplings evenly. Cover pot tightly and reduce heat to medium low. Steam dumplings 8 to 10 minutes. Remove cover and stir chicken and dumplings to thicken sauce a bit. Stir peas into the pan, remove chicken and dumplings from heat and serve in shallow bowls.

Makes: 8 servings

Serving size: 1/8 recipe

LA Exchange: 1/2 Protein, 2 Vegetables, 1 Starch, 1 Fat, 1 Condiment

Please remember to use this recipe in moderation while in your weight loss program for continued success.

I cannot find the other recipe, but it is greek turkey burgers that you serve in pita halves. Basically, you mix ground turkey with salt, pepper, and nutmeg, form into patties, and grill. You serve them in pita halves with RF feta cheese, FF sour cream, and cucumber slices. They are so yummy. I have served them when have had friends over a few times, and they always are a hit.

Last edited by Repo girl; 07-12-2007 at 12:32 PM.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 12:20 PM   #268  

Height: 5'2"

Katy - That is, indeed, the NC State symbol behind me. I am not a graduate (ECU actually), but my DH is a HUGE fan and attended a few years. I'm a bit of a convert because we have season tickets for football. It's hard not to be a fan when you attend the games.
mamato2girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 12:34 PM   #269  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

People, I know this will sound made up, but sitting outside my office *right now*, staring me in the eyeball, is a chocolate CARAMEL cheesecase, which is topped with almond BROWNIES and then drizzled all over with chocolate. Not a word of a lie. It's someone's birthday today and some genius brought this monstrosity in to share. Eeek. I'm sitting here eating a lemon lite and trying to convince myself the sticky chocolatey goodness would actually taste quite awful.

At this rate I'll eat all my food for the day while I sit here and stare at that thing. I MUST resist as WI this morning had me up 1.6...WTF? TOM is due within the week, but technically, I am capable of losing during TOM, and I have for the last two months.

Anyway...moving on...

Joni -- Thanks for your thoughts on my drippy dog. I have thought of a diaper, but typically they make them for the real little guys. Maybe I could just cut a hole in one of DS's pullups to put his tail through.

Liza -- You're not kidding, this site is the reason I'm still following this plan, even if my losses have not come as quickly as I expected. Seeing others DOING IT when you're not feeling like you can, really really helps.

Katie -- WTG on the movie! I'm going to see Harry Potter at the drive in this weekend, so I was thinking of doing something similar. I'll pop my own popcorn, bring a lite and some cherries. Yum!

Snowdogs -- Thank you so much! That's great help and advice. I will pull his crate out again. He never does this in our presence, so it's only while we are at work or overnight. I think I'll trade up and get a crate that is slightly bigger. The one he has now is big enough for him, but leaves no room for food dishes if we were to feed him in there. He's about 18 inches high at the shoulder and weighs 20lbs, so on the small side of medium or the big side of small...lol. We've been using a bleach solution on the spots where he went, but I'll have to invest in the products you mentioned to really eliminate the smell. We want to replace the laminate floor we have now, but we were kind of waiting to see how this pee problem worked out. I do feel totally guilty. When I adopted Goliath he was 11 weeks old, and as soon as he was up to date on his shots we started going ot the local dog park daily (15-20 acres of leash free fun). Then I got married and it dropped to a couple of times a week. Now since I've had the baby it's down to a few times a year! Poor puppy, huh? At least I have him his very own boy to play with...lol.

Amy -- Well I love that your FE-MIL loves you the way you are, but it does sound a little like sabotage. Good luck sticking to your guns about what you want to eat this weekend.

Lettie -- If you can't get around to printing all your pics you can upload them (for free) to a site like photobucket until you are ready to print them. I'd hate for you to lose them.
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 12:36 PM   #270  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Angie- When you cut into that cheesecake brownie thing, maggots will come crawling out.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote