Old 07-11-2007, 05:35 PM   #226  
Started June 1st '07

S/C/G: 205/165

Height: 5'6"

OH Renee ! You've just said what I've been saying for a long time !! I think raising/dogs kids is very much alike - except that kids grow up and can start to take care of themselves. Dogs, well, they're life long 2yr olds.

Yeah, I do some obedience training and I'm taking course work as well to get certified.

We have the 3 dogs (very huggable people dogs) and 2 shorthair cats, and some fish.

Nicole - I thought the same thing (twins) - I can't remember who it is though! LOL
Snowdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 05:36 PM   #227  
-- Karen --

S/C/G: 165/143/140

Height: 5' 6"

Carrie - its true - not excercising, no vacuuming, and I was not even allowed to drive for 3 weeks.
I had hysterectomy when I was only 30 years old (very young for that). I had to take 6 weeks off work, I did go back after 5 weeks, but the 6th week, I just worked mornings rather than all day, and was not allowed to do much at all.

Although, this was like 15 years ago or so, and they may do the surgery different now. I was cut wide open, but they might do it laser now.
If they have to open you up, trust me, its excersise just to walk around.

I hope I haven't provided to much info and scared you off...... if you are having problems, it is definetely worth it.
slim n trim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 05:37 PM   #228  
Purple (no lites)

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Hey, All-

I've been sort of bad. I went camping for five days and did okay, but not great. Mostly, too much red meat. So, of course on Monday I had a two pound gain (no surprise there). Luckily, it was only temporary and today I'm back down.

I'm back on track now, so I hope to lose at least a pound by next Monday. I've accepted Pearl motto, I'll take it one pound at a time and be happy.

You people are so chatty in here, there's no way I can catch on personals, but I hope everyone had a nice 4th and a big "HEY" to all.
pjbeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 05:38 PM   #229  
Started June 1st '07

S/C/G: 205/165

Lynn - you're right- this can be a chatty place ! pages & pages in a day alone.

1 thing I've noticed about LAWL - it's not real forgiving with slip ups - so just keep that in mind. I do. I plan ahead and decide if "it's worth it".
The thing you need to do is get back on track after & before (if possible) a slip up or planned off plan meal.
Snowdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 05:45 PM   #230  
Carrie

S/C/G: 196/174.2/150

Height: 5' 8"

Thanks Karen....even though you were the barer of bad news, Hopefully, I won't have to have an incision, but he said no guarantees. What a bummer....I'm just starting to get the hang of this way of eating and my body has to go and through a wrench right in the middle of it. I am hoping that I can at least start taking a walk or walking on the treadmill a week after. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.
healthy2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 05:59 PM   #231  
-- Karen --

S/C/G: 165/143/140

Height: 5' 6"

I will keep my fingers crossed for you Carrie that they can do the surgery laser. It would be a much quicker recovery.

Make sure you keep us posted as to how you are doing.

I am sure you will bounce back quickly anyway because you already do lots of excersising so thats gonna help you a bunch.
slim n trim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 06:34 PM   #232  

S/C/G: 224/198/174

Height: 5 ft 11 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowdogs View Post
Lynn - you're right- this can be a chatty place ! pages & pages in a day alone.

1 thing I've noticed about LAWL - it's not real forgiving with slip ups - so just keep that in mind. I do. I plan ahead and decide if "it's worth it".
The thing you need to do is get back on track after & before (if possible) a slip up or planned off plan meal.
I think I learned THAT realy quick after this weekend.....
I am going to try and plan around bad weekdns if I can I have a wedding coming up in August and we are staying the weekend at my cousins so I hope to try and stay on track........
LYNNTHEPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 06:35 PM   #233  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Nicole!!!! So good to see you. DS is lucky to have you and Grandma for nurses--he'll do great.

Renee--thanks a bunch--education is a weird field sometimes--I am a serious control freak (working on it--I think God is testing me and it's working!) Counsel away--I've no doubt I need it. My Boo (avatar) is a 2yr. long hair chih.--she rules the roost.

must run--dinner hasn't even been thought about!
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 07:55 PM   #234  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LottaMe2MiniMe View Post
Snowdogs...love the avatar (Katie is going to be quite jealous that your dogs have a pool and she doesn't).

and the profile picture of the sled...where's the snow??? Okay, I see a little bit. I'd love to be behind the wheel of one of those going really, really fast in a snow covered valley.
Yeah, how fair is that?
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 08:01 PM   #235  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrispieD View Post
OH SAY IT ISN"T SO!!!!!!!! Listen if I am going to gain all this weight swimming I plan to keep myself afloat by filling my tummy with Blizzards.. er um I mean B Wizards.. of the chocolate mint variety!!!!

Wendy glad to see you back!! Katie I'm in the pool waiting for you!
Someone find Nicole for me.. I need one of her long funny stories to make me laugh or else I shall run the place that starts with DQ and rhymes with Fairy Scene!! Now the deal was I got to have one when I hit goal.. but now I'm over goal with this lovely "I'm trying to exercise my a** off and all I got was a lousy 6lb gain" journey I've put myself on.. so we'll have to take a poll

Does Kristen Get a Blizzard Vote Yes/No
Does Kristen have to get back to Goal to get one Yes/No
Do I have to share with DH or is 9 months of dieting worth getting my own!!

New Theory.. If I'm eating the same and exercising but gaining weight.. could I eat MORE and lose??

I say to to Fairy Scene, and have your very own B Wizard. The mocolate blint kind. You deserve it, this gain is just a little bump in the road, and you should not be punished for it!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 08:02 PM   #236  
Debbie on LAWL

S/C/G: 239/223/135

Height: 5'5

Good evening all! Welcome to all the newbies

Jillian- WTG on your 35lb loss...you are rockin'

Lea Ann - Big hugs to you!! Sorry you had such a shi**y day. Let's go have a liquid fruit.

Nicole - Hang in there....I am hoping your DS has a very speedy recovery!

I know I haven't covered everyone on the personals..sorry! I am thinking of you all and proud of everyone for hanging in there and coming to the board for support!

I was really hungry today...I have not been weighing and measuring but am eating the right things and give it a good "eyeball". I need to recommit to weighing and measuring...perhaps we should do another POP challenge and I can actually participate this time What do you guys think?
Debbie367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 08:03 PM   #237  
Debbie on LAWL

S/C/G: 239/223/135

Height: 5'5

mmmmm wizards.....
Debbie367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 09:05 PM   #238  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Carrie, My sister had one done a couple of years ago and it was no exercise for 6 weeks then too. I had a uterine ablation that fixed me right up a few years ago and really just in bed about 2 days and then back to almost normal. Don't know if that would be something that would help your problem.

Renee\Snowdogs, I think that dogs are MUCH easier than teenagers!

Lynne, I'm sure that your weekend gain was mostly due to salt. Its amazing how many things are just laced with sodium. Did you say fondue... well there you go... yummy salt laced stuff.

Kristen, I am sure that the gain is temporary. Like give it a week and it will slowly go away. When I exercised and found the scale popping up, somehow eating lighter starches for a day or two seemed to erase the upswing. I think it has to do with the posts that were mentioned earlier about the glycogen store in the muscles...

LeeAnn, they probably interviewed a lot of people, and only one got hired. They obviously knew and liked you to even call you up to fill their quota. Still the stress of going and interviewing is a lot to go through. Something better may just come your way soon.

Karen, I too wish that I could see 145... It could be that you are starting to get down into a body fat that your body is going to start trying to defend (as essential fat is about 14%) I found a bunch of web sites where you can enter you measurements and it will give you an estimate of your body fat. Different ones said slightly different things... but they tended to be close in their answers... given that and the body fat measuring scale, I chose to stop trying to lose weight (my body apparently came to that decision about a month before I did though). So do a sanity check to see if your goal is even reasonable as far as body fat goes. I think trying to get below 15% is likely to be a frustrating exercise and not even healthy. I stopped at about 18%, decided I probably wasn't going to maintain below that.

To all you chickies and roosters, hope your day was POP. I had a decent WI this morning, so first week of maintenance and I managed to not totally blow it yet. Of course went out to lunch and need a light dinner to stay POP today! Great thing in maintenance they only want to see you once a week and it had been 10 days since I was there, and no lecture... and I got the counselor of many lectures too.... I think she feels like she has not done her job unless she finds something to chastise you about.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 09:07 PM   #239  
Katy66

Hey gang! This is a chatty bunch. I've read through some of the posts but not sure how long it would take me to catch up.

Nicole - Sorry your DS' recovery is tough but believe me you will be glad you did it! My DD had her tonsils and adenoids out at 2.5 and she has been so much healthier since then. Hang in there!

Carrie - sorry to hear about your upcoming surgery. I wish you a speedy recovery.

Liza - it really sucks when someone you thought you could trust stabs you in the back. Keep you chin up and I'm sure things will work out for the best.

Welcome Renee and all the other newcomers it is good to have you here.
Katy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 09:51 PM   #240  
Felicia

S/C/G: 323/TBA/145

Okay, so I'm up to my eyeballs in packing boxes!!! I've had such a tough time packing up our living room! We have these big floor-to-ceiling bookshelves and they are LOADED with tons of hardcover books. So I've been packing some boxes of books to put in storage - until we have bookshelves built in the new house - some boxes of books to sell in our garage sale, and some boxes of books to sell on eBay. You know you have too many books when you're selling a John Grisham COLLECTION on eBay! It is taking SO long to sort through all these books! And then there's all of my Precious Moments figurines. I can't find the boxes for a bunch of them, so I have to just wrap them in bubble wrap and box them carefully. I'm sure the boxes will turn up during the move. I have a LOT of them. I haven't collected them in years, but I used to. Some of them are retired and worth a lot of money, but I don't have time to deal with that right now.

Today, I left the room to come to my bedroom and just sit and veg for a few minutes. Ten minutes later, I went back and found that Elizabeth had unpacked two boxes. She was so proud! "Look, Mama! I put the books on the shelp for you!" (Yes, she says "shelp" instead of "shelf.") I waited until her nap to repack the boxes and SEAL THEM!!!

I am sooooo tired of packing!!! And NOWHERE near finishing!!
bayoubelle68 is offline   Reply With Quote