Old 05-31-2007, 07:12 PM   #151  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Cassi--tell me what you put in the bullet for your tuna salad--please! I had some chicken salad awhile back (homeade--new caterer brought to school--yum) anyway--it had dill--which I assumed I didn't like because I don't try new things--lol--so how much should I add to my 6oz. chicken? I am so glad we have an expert around here!!
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 07:38 PM   #152  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizlawchik View Post
My mantra has been "stop fighting the program". It seems when we try to "do stuff" it doesn't work out, doesn't it? We all bash our CODs and the counselors, the "official" LAWL products, etc., but when it comes down to it, if you just do what you're supposed to do, it actually works. Whodda thunk it?

I agree doing the program as they have laid out is probably the best but here is my issue...I went to the center, lost 45 lbs and have kept it off for the last 2 yrs BUT Im about 140 and would like to get down to about 125. I dont want to go back to the center and pay ANOTHER $1500 to do a program that I already know how to do in order to buy THEIR products. I feel that there HAS to be somethings out there that are comprable. LAWL wasnt there for me after half way through my program I became very sick and found out that it was bec I was allergic to wheat and that was in their bars. They gave me back my money for my bars and said good luck with your weightloss...and of course I got no money back on weeks that I bought and didnt use...they supposedly have dieticians but they couldnt even help me come up with a meal plan. So I lost the rest by using other products that didnt make me sick....so yes I think their program works the best but I am not giving them another penny....they left a very bitter taste in my mouth bec once they realized I wouldnt be buying the bars and they had to refund me the ones I already bought, they didnt help me one bit. So thats why I will follow their plan with alternitive products.
twheelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 07:48 PM   #153  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Lea Ann - I put in a can of tuna or chicken, 1T rf (not FF) mayo, onion, pepper, and McCormick's Original Chicken Seasoning. I know it has sodium in it, but it's the only "salty" spice I use and it gives the tuna a non-tuna taste. I blend it in the bullet, or in the food processor until smooth and either put it on crackers, a bagel, a 50 calorie tortilla, etc. Also just eat it plain when I'm saving starches for other goodies!
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 08:37 PM   #154  
on LAWL

I love the idea of adding the seasoning--I like tuna but it's easy to get burned out on it, too. Thanks a bunch!
Old 05-31-2007, 08:55 PM   #155  

S/C/G: 228 in 2006/185/160

Height: 5'4"

Throw me down for 10lbs.. the winner gets a big bag of salt autographed by Dan!

KRISTEN!!! 10 more pounds??? A good stong wind will blow you away girl! LOL I'll tell you what people are telling me...Its time to stop now! LOL
MomOfThreeTeens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 09:10 PM   #156  
Debbie on LAWL

S/C/G: 239/223/135

Height: 5'5

I have been considering a Magic Bullet and I think I am going to go online and buy one now. I am a HUGE Tuna fan but am like Lea Ann and get burned out if I don't spice it up a bit. Cassie ALWAYS has the best recipes.
Debbie367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 09:44 PM   #157  
on LAWL

Debbie--I know you can get them at Target, Walmart, and Kohls for about $60--if you have one handy. Mine was on the clearance at Target for $45--no idea why but it was the last one so maybe they just aren't planning to carry it anymore. We've only made smoothies but I am going to try the chicken salad tomorrow.
Old 05-31-2007, 10:48 PM   #158  

S/C/G: 143/135/125

Height: 5'0

Okay owning a magic bullet sounds pretty enticing to me. I tune out when the infomercial is on - like I do with most of those - but hearing good results from someone who actually owns one makes sense to me. I know that Kohl's sells them and they seem to be on sale alot recently....they usually have good deals there. I am going to have to check out more recipes from Cassi. I plan on trying a smoothie for breakfast tomorrow - can't wait.

Eight more pounds and then a chance to win that big bag of salt from Dan (autographed right??) - hmmm - now I really have to lose those pounds and win this thing. What a great incentive.
saranacbnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 11:02 PM   #159  
on LAWL

I'm the first to admit I am a SUCKER for infomercials! I rarely buy anything but I sure do check lot of stuff out of the web. I have wanted the magic bullet for a long time so I decided what the heck.

Has anyone seen the "Infrawave" by Black and Decker?--now that looks totally cool. The $120 pricetag doesn't kill me as much as the $40 shipping! But boy am I tempted.
Old 06-01-2007, 07:47 AM   #160  

On the smoothie thing... with the bullet I find that since it's a small thing, you can't make a smoothie w/just yogurt and ice. You need to do 1/2 yogurt and 1/2 milk, or add some kind of liquid so that it blends.

I also like the vanilla shakes from the COD blended w/pineapple or blueberries and 1pkt splenda. I use 4oz water and 4 ice cubes instead of 6oz water.

And when you use the bullet for tuna or chicken salad remember that you are only using 1T of mayo so it will stick. You have to blend it, and then kind of bang it on the counter to get everything back down to the blades, blend, bang, repeat a few times. A little awkward, but I still love the little machine!
Old 06-01-2007, 08:47 AM   #161  
LAWL since 2/07

S/C/G: 240 / 226.2 / 130

Height: 5'1"

I love my bullet but have only ever used it for smoothies. It does make a mean smoothie
smjezzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 08:54 AM   #162  

And it shreds chicken very nicely for a quesadilla! (OP, of course, w/LaTortilla Factory tortillas!)
Old 06-01-2007, 08:55 AM   #163  
on LAWL

oh Cassi--another great idea!
Old 06-01-2007, 11:22 PM   #164  
Debbie on LAWL

S/C/G: 239/223/135

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo'sMom View Post
Has anyone seen the "Infrawave" by Black and Decker?--now that looks totally cool. The $120 pricetag doesn't kill me as much as the $40 shipping! But boy am I tempted.
Lea Ann- I am a gadget freak!!! Especially kitchen gadgets. I haven't heard of the "infrawave" but am going to check it out

I am going to swing by Kohls and look for the M. Bullet. I didn't order one online last night...I am such a pre-shopper! LOL
Debbie367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 11:30 PM   #165  

S/C/G: 143/135/125

Height: 5'0

I just wanted to log on to say hope that everyone had a good day today. It was tough for me. When I got home from work, stressful day. I cheated - gulp - and had a glass of wine. I totally understand why they say no alcohol - when I have a glass of wine I want a snack... also it is the weekend and that is hard too. So I had to confess - but I am back on plan. Hopefully the scale won't notice
saranacbnl is offline   Reply With Quote