Old 05-31-2007, 09:31 AM   #136  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Shannon--woohoo on the pound--with all that's going on it will probably be more when you get "done".

Angie--I had to stop halfway through your post--I was drooling, too!

Saranac--good thinking--a walk around the block is much better than a walk to the fridge! Your tickers look great.

Dan--WTG--I think you and Liz will do great --COD or not--anyword on refunds? Hope that works itself out and you don't have to stress for it.

Today starts day 3 of my first week of the Summer Meltdown--so far so good. I will try the EAS drink shortly. I figure worst case, I have to finish the other 3 in the pack but maybe they will be fine, too. A starch sure will be nice.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 09:41 AM   #137  
LAWL since 2/07

S/C/G: 240 / 226.2 / 130

Height: 5'1"

Lettie, I think you mentioned this problem once. When I do a TO it works fine for 1 or 2 lbs but then that next week I either have a gain or no loss at all. What is happening? By the way - there is no cheating that next week.

Any ideas?
smjezzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 10:24 AM   #138  
on LAWL

good news--the EAS Myoplex lites are fine! I had scared myself out of trying them but decided since they were already bought and in the fridge I would make myself. I have the chocolate fudge and it tastes like slimfast to me. Weird that we count it as a fruit and dairy but I figure the 20g. of protein will help me finish my mowing. I was really afraid with the 20g. protein and only 1g. sugar it would be nasty. Pleasantly surprised.
Old 05-31-2007, 11:02 AM   #139  

S/C/G: 143/135/125

Height: 5'0

Day three and so far so good. Down one pound. I know it can go up quick so I have to continue being POP. Had yogurt and apple - replaced the Jet Start - 1/2 light english muffin for breakfast. After two days of TO what a treat that was...

Thanks for the update on the EAS Lea Ann - I think I will give them a try. I think I will feel more like I am on the plan if I use those. I couldn't find the Frappucciano Lights at Wal-Mart either. But I have the slim-fast for the slim down for lunch.

Glad to have you join MayEMT.

I just feel like it works if I keep writing to you all. I hope you don't mind.

Have a good day...

Peggy
saranacbnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 12:03 PM   #140  
on LAWL

Peggy--write away! It really does help stay "on"
Old 05-31-2007, 12:04 PM   #141  
Maria

S/C/G: 200/193/135

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone, looks like we are all off to a really good start. It is so encouraging to read everyone's post and know we are doing great. I finished my first 2 days. And dropped 5lbs. But, I was up 3 from Memorial Day weekend so, I did pretty good. Lost what I had gained and then some.
My question is I feel pretty confused. I'm reading everyone's posts and realize I may be doing the wrong LAWL "diet". I got the plan from the 8 week makeover thread. It tells me to continue on my "regular" plan for the following 12 days. But I read everyone talking about that Jetstart drink. Can someone direct me to the plan I should be looking at? Looks like there are 2 plans. 8 week makeover and the 5 week summer meltdown. Not sure which one I should follow. Anyone think that the 5 week one will yeild more results? Ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
FITNOTFATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 12:14 PM   #142  
on LAWL

Maria--I am doing the Summer Meltdown (5 weeks)--not sure about the others. This will end for my on July 2nd. Five weeks seemed about as long as I could hang. I am only on day 3 of the first week though.
Old 05-31-2007, 12:15 PM   #143  
LAWL since 2/07

S/C/G: 240 / 226.2 / 130

Height: 5'1"

I just bumped that summer meltdown thread back up. I haven't read thru it though but it's there.
smjezzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 12:35 PM   #144  

I have a question....Im doing the SlimFast Optima (instead of the SlimDowns) for lunch....could you do that instead of the JetStart too?? I did yogurt and fruit this morning but was just wondering. Heres a hint...I got the SlimFast Optima in milk chocolate flavor and mix it with Light Soy milk and a spoonfull of instant amarreto flavored coffee and blend it in the blended with ice...YUM! Who needs StarBucks!?!??!
twheelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 02:22 PM   #145  

S/C/G: 143/135/125

Height: 5'0

I was wondering the same thing twheelz, yet maybe two slimfasts per day would be too many calories - that was why I did the yogurt and fruit this morning, too. Curious what the others will say...

Your concoction sounds yummy - like an iced coffee drink. I think I will have to start experimenting.
saranacbnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 02:35 PM   #146  
hdsQrl - Megan on LAWL

S/C/G: 200.2/172/140

Height: 5'5"

I'm thinking that two slimfasts in one day wouldn't work, as the original plan (one Jetstart and one Slimdown) subs for 1Fr, 1D, 1P, and 1S. Two Slimfasts would equal 2P and 2S, which would jack with your exchanges for the rest of the day. Better to go with the fruit/yogurt combo, I'm thinking.
hdsqrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 02:48 PM   #147  
on LAWL

I agree with Megan--they are not the same. I have no idea why since the EAS is the same calorie-wise--but that's just not the way it works out. I am not at a point where I want to play with things too much--I know the plan works when I follow it. It seems the more I try to jack with it the more I gain---hmmm...... maybe they are on to something--lol.
Old 05-31-2007, 03:48 PM   #148  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

My mantra has been "stop fighting the program". It seems when we try to "do stuff" it doesn't work out, doesn't it? We all bash our CODs and the counselors, the "official" LAWL products, etc., but when it comes down to it, if you just do what you're supposed to do, it actually works. Whodda thunk it?
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 05:54 PM   #149  
Megan

S/C/G: size 14/ pudgy size 10/Size 8

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizlawchik View Post
My mantra has been "stop fighting the program". It seems when we try to "do stuff" it doesn't work out, doesn't it? We all bash our CODs and the counselors, the "official" LAWL products, etc., but when it comes down to it, if you just do what you're supposed to do, it actually works. Whodda thunk it?
Really? I would've never figured that one.

Personally I would stick with the exchages if you're not going to be rushing for the LAWL products. It's easier to keep things as basic as possible, it works in the end. I'll just ignore the non-budging scale, I'll take the wierd feeling arms without flab--over 10 pounds anyday.

I at one point was tossing a F/F yogurt into the Magic Bullet with fruit a couple of times a week. The beauty of the Magic Bullet is that you can whip up the drink the night before, toss on the cover and drink it hours later.

If Cassi is going to have the "Stop fighting the progam" mantra, I'm going back to the Keep It Simple Stupid method. The basics work for a reason.
marzbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 06:02 PM   #150  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Love the magic bullet! Great for making tuna salad for one, and it's small enough to bring to the office to make fresh smoothies.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote