Old 04-18-2007, 03:23 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 230/219/160

Height: 5'8

I am not sure how long it has taken me to lose. I am also reading a book called The Secret! Wonderful book! I think it maybe number one on the best seller list. It is about the law of positive attraction. Attracting the things you want in the universe.
jpoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 11:04 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 174/170.8/155

Height: 64 inches

I bought the book last night on ebooks.com. I'm an impulse buyer. So i though tthat i would look for a thread. So happy that i found one. I really like the exercise portion of the bookd. Its very do-able. But then i came to the eating portion. Didn't really care for it. I'm going to tweak it abit to match my tastes. So here goes.........
misflan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 02:08 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 167.8/164.6/125

Height: 5'3"

I would love to talk to someone that has tried this. Harley's website isn't very good yet. I need to get started but it helps to talk to someone else.
kd66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 10:15 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 140/130/105

Height: 5'1.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kd66 View Post
I would love to talk to someone that has tried this. Harley's website isn't very good yet. I need to get started but it helps to talk to someone else.
I bought the book in January and have been on this diet since February. This is a diet I can stick with for the rest of my life. Feel free to ask me any questions.
stephaniej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 07:48 AM   #20  

I don't know where to begin.
Do you eat a lot of the same meals?
Do you make up your own meals?
Do you follow his exercise program?
Do you do additional exercise?
What is a sample day of menus for you?
Do you take any supplements?
How old are you?
What do you usually eat on your cheat day?

I really appreciate your help. My insane month of April is over. I was gone every weekend and it's been very difficult to stay on a diet. Other than graduations I have to go to, May is going to be a little calmer. I am at the top of my weight & I am so frustrated because nothing fits and I feel horrible. I know I need to sit down & read thru the book again and make a grocery list. I am the type of person that tends to eat the same thing every day. I have to look again, but I thought Kashi Go Lean Crunch was in there. I love that cereal. I need things simple. Can't wait to hear from you! You can email me directly at [email protected].

Thanks!
Old 07-06-2007, 10:50 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/140

Height: 5'4

is anyone still following this plan? Im finishing up my first week on it, and was wondering if anyone stuck with it.
SugarRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 11:31 AM   #22  

Default wow!

I don't know what plan you've been following, but you're doing great!
I've been following kind of my own plan. Basically I try to eat every 3 hours and stay pretty balanced w/carbs & protein. On a normal day I eat 40% carbs/40%protein/20% fat. Usually under 1300 calories. I have a cheat day on Sunday. Unfortunately that sometimes starts Saturday afternoon. And I cheat BIG!!! But I still lose a lb a week. Plus I have not been exercising at all. I would only lose one pound a week following Weight Watchers every day and exercising every day. This is much easier. What have you been following?

Glad to hear from you!
Old 07-06-2007, 11:50 AM   #23  

Thanx, my weight has slowly come off over the past 2-3 yrs, mostly from following the South Beach Diet, but I felt I really couldnt stick to it, I was constantly in Phase 1, I was also doing alot of running/walking. I was down to 145 lbs but I plauted (sp?) and have gone back up to 160. The 5 factor diet seems more doable to me, and I like the workouts. I havent seen any change in my weight yet, but im willing to give it more time. I was hoping someone could tell me there having great results with this plan

Keep up the good work, 1lb a week is great, i wish i was losing steady
Old 07-06-2007, 09:35 PM   #24  

I've been on 5 factor since last Sunday and am already down nearly 12 pounds. The meals aren't really small, neither are the snacks. The first few days I didn't even think I would be able to get all the food down.

So far, I have only felt hungry once, and even then it was only for a little while since you eat so frequently. Some of the meals make me nervous, but there are enough in the book that you always have options.

I've never gone a week on a diet without some doubts until this one, it's almost like the pounds are melting away!
thrion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 12:02 PM   #25  

Do you have the 5 factor Diet or 5 factor Fitness book. I have to fitness book, it was his first book that came out. Im kinda curious what the differences are in the books. Awesome job!! Im down 5lbs so far.

Are you eating even if you arent hungry at all? I did good the first week eating all 5 meals, but this week im just not hungry at all.
Old 07-12-2007, 08:00 AM   #26  

I have the 5 Factor Diet book, so the second book I guess. It has 5 weeks worth of recipes, which is awesome, and the workout is pretty simple and easy to follow.

Ended up losing 14 pounds(!) last week, but have fluctuated around that weight everyday this week.

I wish there was a place with lots more recipes, that's my only problem...I want more examples. Some of the food is really just...wow...good.
thrion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 11:47 PM   #27  
NewComer

S/C/G: 160/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

I am just finishing up my first week on this plan, and so far I really like it. The workouts really kick my butt, probably because I am not used to working with weights. The food has been pretty good. I made the chicken fingers for dinner tonight and they were great! I tend to stick with the same few recipes though, just for the sake of convenience. I love the stir fry, and I took the chow mein to a pot luck dinner and it went over well. I will weigh myself on Tuesday, and we'll see if any weight has come off! If anyone else is still on this plan, let me know how it's going!

-Brittany
TxBrittany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 11:40 AM   #28  

Im down another lb. So far so good, I really like this plan, I feel like I can really stick to it. I still just have the first book, Ive gone to Barnes and Noble twice looking for the second book, just to see what the differences are but they havent hadnt it. Im thinking that the second book just has more recipes but follows the same guide lines. I havent used any of the recipes in the book though, Ive just been following the 5 guidelines and I seem to be doing fine

Keep up the good work ladies

-Rox
Old 07-16-2007, 12:24 PM   #29  
NewComer

S/C/G: 160/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Rox-

The second book is basically the same as the first, it just has way more recipes and the workout is slightly modified to include a stability ball. Are you doing the workouts as well as the diet? How much weight have you lost and in what amount of time on this plan? I hope you don't mind me being so nosy! Since I've just started the plan, I'm curious to see what others have experienced with it.

The workouts go by so quickly that I feel like I should be doing more! But I'm always sweating my butt of by the end, so I figure that's a good sign!

-Britt
TxBrittany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 11:07 AM   #30  

Britt,

I am doing the workouts as well as the diet. Im currently on my third week. I lost 5lbs the first week and 1lb the second week. I really do like both the workout and the diet. Let me know what kindof results you see.

I just noticed we're the same height and about the same weight.

Keep it up

-Rox