Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-10-2006, 12:01 PM   #1  

Smile Hello

Hello Ladies-

I need some help, I am 35 years old and have been diagnosed with Congestive Heart Failure. I have been instructed to omit salt and sodium from my diet, this is hard, because I am from New Orleans and all I know is to cook with Salt, and Fat, I am losing this battle because I don't know how to season my food and make it taste good without the salt. I need someone to help me, I have to lose weight. I NEED A BUDDY OR SOME GREAT RECIPES.
THYCKLADIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 12:09 PM   #2  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

This is one of my many diagnoses too. I don't add any salt to my food at the table or while cooking. Many complaints from DH but now he just adds salt after it is cooked. I have found that salt certainly causes me to retain the water weight. I also can't drink as much water as is recommended on this forum or I will retain a lot of it. I know a lot of people use the Mrs. Dash salt substitute. I have never tried it. Good luck to you.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 05:45 PM   #3  
Lovin' being Vegan

S/C/G: 168/153/135

i left a post to you about this under one of your other posts []
Tori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 11:47 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 270/270/160 7/1/06

Height: 5' 4"

Default try other seasonongs

Hello and welcome. I find that my taste buds are happy with the several different seasonings that Mrs. DASH makes. Also use onions, shallots and garlic. good luck with your seasonings adventure. Sandi Losing the Fluff
sandia sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 08:02 AM   #5  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hello! I have had to lower my salt intake too because of high blood pressure, which fortunately has gone down! There are lots of other spices which make food taste great and once you get used to the less or no salt taste, it gets easier! If you have a store that has a bulk spice section where you can just buy little bits in plastic bags you might want to try experimenting with different spices and stuff.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote