Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-11-2006, 09:56 AM   #1  
diet queen!!

S/C/G: 178/154/140

Height: 5"3

Unhappy new girl!

hi there, new in today! not really found my way round the site yet!
well, i've tried every diet going, been to all the classes, had the personal trainer, hypnotherapy and not a lot has worked. i really struggle with sticking to things and want instant results! so I'm trying lighter life. I'm going to see someone tonight about joining up. anyone tried this?
Doods79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 10:20 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 184/183/140

Height: 5'3"

Hey Doods79. I've never tried lighter life...but I've tried quite a few. I know you want the weight you want, but I thought it might make you feel good to know that one of my goals is to be where you are now! I'm sure you look better than you think.

Out of curiosity....ever do

South Beach?
Atkins?
Weight Watchers?
Slim Fast?
E diets?
Jenny Craig?

What did you think???
brooke26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 04:47 AM   #3  
diet queen!!

hey there! thanks for the reply. still not sure about this site! i don't know how to find my posts?!! took me ages to find this one!!

as for previous diets, slimming world which worked then I put it all back on and more! weight watchers, same thing. done both of those countless times. tesco on-line diets, GI diet, saw someone about food allergies, f-plan....loads!!!

my sister is on the lighter life programme now and has lost 24ib in 7 weeks and i know a couple of others that have done it and kept it off. its a bit scary cos i think it'll be quite hard but fingers crossed I can do this one. Never felt so down about my weight and I'm fed up of being the way I am. I think no matter wrhat anyone says about you looking ok the only persons opinion that really matters is your own!!

xx
Old 07-12-2006, 06:40 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 184/183/140

Height: 5'3"

I know what you mean about the only person that matters is yourself! DH tells me all the time that I look fine, blah blah blah!! Not that I want him to be disgusted by me, I just don't want to look "fine." He doesn't understand this struggle to lose weight. I feel so stupid that I just assumed after I had a baby I'd be able to lose weight, no problem. Here I am 7 (going on 8) months later, only 5 lbs lighter than the day I had her!!

Grrrrr

So, what is this lighter life thing about?? I've never heard of it. And, have you ever read Dr. Phil's book?? I liked it because of the thinking it caused me to do about WHY. I don't necessarily subscribe to his plan...but the book was good.
brooke26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 08:28 AM   #5  
diet queen!!

I know exactly what you mean about men. my other half bless him tries his harest but as you say, they don't understand how its such a truggle. if he wants to lose weight he can just stop eating crap and go to the gym! and it falls off! very irritating!

I've never read Dr phils book, will have a look though. The lighter life diet! well its £66 a week which is the first shock. I didn't think there was any way i could afford it but once you realise you can't drink, go out for meals and are provided with food packs so no food shopping its not too bad?!!

I haven't started yet but this is my understanding! you are given food packs for the week and you have soups, shakes and bars (bit like slimfast) and nothing else. you have to drink 8 pints of water a day too! apparently part of it is so that you don't think about real food cos you're not having any!! the first week or so is meant to be really hard but then once your stomach shrinks and you're used to it its not as bad.

I'm a bit scared about starting it to be honest but am so fed up of starting diets and failing them this is my last chance. You don't do it for more than 100 days and are expected to lose 3 stone. you have to see your doctor too and get them to sign something to show you have that to lose. I think the fact that you can lose 10-14 pounds in the first week is the biggest thing because at least then you'd see the "hard"!!! work paying off!! well, hopefully. i'm just dreading paying all that money out and not sticking to it. think i may just have to!