Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-15-2006, 08:39 PM   #31  

luv, thanks for the encouragement. i wont let a bad week wreck my past success and future success. i will be jumping on the wagon again real soon.

lyn, i too have some goal clothes. i am sort of a clothes hogg. i have lots of clothes that are too small but i hope some day soon i will be wearing them and looking good. having goal clothes is a great type of motivation.

lily, congrats on the 86 lbs of weight loss. you are awesome. i am soo proud of you and wish i could reach out and give you a big hug.

well ladies it is almost friday and yeapie for that. it has been a busy busy week at work and i am soo looking forward to the weekend. everyone have a great night and i will be checking up on yall tomorrow.
emily34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 08:55 PM   #32  

alright guys the weekend is over. back to our support group. don't let a bad weekend or laziness keep you loyal to this group we have formed.
my weekend was not soo great but i am positive about this week.

can't wait to hear from everyone.
Old 06-20-2006, 08:46 AM   #33  
Brand new to the Beach!

S/C/G: 195/187/150

Hi Emily-
My weekend was not sooo great, foodwise that is. But let me just say, that I've done MUCH worse. The SB diet really makes you think about your food choices and I was right back on the wagon yesterday. My issue is with the alcohol thing--I know its bad to drink on a diet, but if you're going to do it, what is the best you could do? The best of the worst, I guess.

My diet compliance is about 5 1/2 days per week. I'm aiming for 6-7 obviously, but with weddings, parties, etc...its difficult. But skipping certain things to splurge on others seems to be working.

How are you holding up during the week? What diet are you on again?
Lynsda828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 11:05 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 178/168/150

Default Bad weekend here

I really went all out on Sunday, and ate whatever I wanted too... that's just not on my diet plan! I had cake twice the past few days.

I really am enjoying the Sonoma diet, but it's just not a "way of life" yet. It's something I really have to work at. I'm hoping to get my grove back, as I've gained 4 lbs back.

I'm really happy we've formed this group... it's good to know we aren't alone on our "bad" weekends.
luvthelighthouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 07:13 PM   #35  

hi lyn & luv,

i was going to jump right back after the weekend i had but i didn't. too many excuses i come up with. i have really had a couple of bad days at work and i am so tired. i am going to my sister-in-law's baby shower this weekend,which is out of town and i promise when i get back there are going to be some good changes to my daily life. i am tired of feeling soo bloated all the time and my clothes are getting tighter and tighter. i was getting ready for work this morning and tired on my khakis,they were awful. but it is all my fault. tomorrow is friday and i thank my GOD for that. i do need to get away for the weekend.

lyn, starting on monday i will get back on my atkins diet. i love it. i have a huge appetite and it allows me to get as much meat as i want. i am a huge meat eater.

i will check in again over the weekend. have a good friday girls.
Old 06-22-2006, 11:26 PM   #36  

Default Have fun at the shower, but then, no more excuses

Seriously though, I know what you are saying. It's so much easier to eat poorly, than to eat healthy. I mean do you have to wash or prepare cake and cookies? No, they are nicely packaged for you. However, if you want some fruit, you actually have to wash it, and eekkkkk, maybe even peel it.

I am always wanting dessert, and my lifestyle will always include dessert, so I have to find how healthy alternatives. As for the food portion, I'm really working on sucking down those veggies, as I hate them.

Everyone, try to be good this weekend. If you really feel you must veer from your diet plan, do so with only one meal. Don't let the whole day be a free for all.

Good luck to us all this weekend. Why do they always seem to be harder than the weekdays?
Old 06-23-2006, 08:54 AM   #37  
Brand new to the Beach!

S/C/G: 195/187/150

Hi girls!
Weekends are always harder because you have no routine, etc. Plus, its so much more fun to treat yourself. Hang in there no matter what, even if its making small changes or substitutions.

This week has been tough for me...PMS and all that fun stuff. I fought the cravings for the most part and got on the scale this morning and actually had dropped a little. I'm getting to the point where when I eat bad food, it makes me feel crappy, so that is a great motivator.

I'm still on the SB diet--next week we go to phase 2 and start to let some carbs back in. I guess I eat carbs now, but not bread or pasta or anything--its natural sugar in milk, etc. We've been getting creative with food and I'm not missing the junk--only pizza--and that is a once in awhile splurge...only after eating salad first to fill us up.

As far as sweet stuff goes--there are some great alternatives to the normal junk food....check out the sugar free candy section at the grocery store...you get enough of a fix to satisfy a craving. Also-there is sugar free pudding and jello. SB has a recipe in the book for this ricotta cheese thing--it sounds gross, but you just add some equal and some flavor and voila--its a great dessert when you can't have REAL dessert.

I agree that food preparation is a pain in the you know what...but so is trying to stuff your you know what into a pair of pants that doesn't fit. Once you get the hang of stuff, it becomes automatic.

Enjoy the weekend and happy Friday!! I'll probably check back in on Monday.
Lynsda828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 09:57 AM   #38  

Default Another weekend gone...

I've just been maintaining since losing my first 10 lbs. The scale won't budge, but that's because I keep "cheating". A cookie here, a slice of pizza there, etc. I try to eat at least two good meals a day, but I still NEED to lose some weight. I wish I could get really motivated and stay to a stricker schedule until I lose another 10.

How are you guys doing? Better than me I hope!
Old 06-29-2006, 10:16 PM   #39  

sorry i have not been posting this week. i have had an awful week at work. i am going to make it,tomorrow is friday and i will welcome it with open arms.
i have been so stressed with work my appetite has been up to par so i have been doing pretty good this week.

i will write more later this weekend and i hope you two have a wonderful friday.
Old 07-08-2006, 08:15 PM   #40  
BRiT =)

S/C/G: 176/176/125

Height: 5'1

Hey Amanda! My name is Britney..and I am also your height but my goal weight is 125. I just joined WW yesterday..and its going pretty good. I wish you the best of luck in your mission to lose weight...its not easy at all. We should def. support eachother thro out our weight loss journey!
Britney17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 07:22 PM   #41  

hey guys,where are yall? was the fourth of july weekend that bad? i am to blame too. i have not posted in about a week. i have been really busy. the doc has put me some high blood pressure med. it has really helped. i hope everyone is doing good and i want to hear from everyone.