Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-25-2006, 01:04 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 248/248/150

just checking to see if i got the weight line right yet
suzieq2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 04:55 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 223/220/165

Default sign me up!

I too would like to join you ladies. I have gone a diet once to twice before but most of my life it has never been an issue, until I hit my 40's and now I can't seem to stop gaining. I used myself scale this morning and I was 220 lbs. I was pregnant that last time I was anywhere near that number.

I tried Slimfast just recently and I gained 3 pounds. Before that I had done Atkins and lost 15 pounds. I have been reading another low carb guru, George Stella and his "Stella Style". I like it so far but wondered if anyone else had heard anything about it (good or bad)?

Thanks for listening.
peachpie13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 05:22 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 200/185/130

Cool

I haven't heard about that one. I told a friend of mine today I am spoiled rotten and I need a diet plan and a exercise plan that taylors around my wants and desires and lifestyle. Is that to much to ask?

I've only been on my diet since Monday so the proof is in the pudding so I'll see what happens on week 2.

"Sticking to it" is in the Support Group Section. click on it and you'll find us.

Have a healthy weekend

Potato
potato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 05:42 PM   #34  
I CAN do this !

S/C/G: 197/188/130

Smile

Is it too late for me to join the group? I am 34 with 2 boys aged 10 and 7. After my second son was born I lost 30 lbs on weight watchers selection plan. Well, I've gained the 30 lbs back and it seems to be an even harder challenge this time. I really need alot of support !
BrownEyedJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 10:06 AM   #35  
In it for life!

Thumbs up New Weigh-In

I weighed in last night and have lost another 4.4 pounds last week.

Don't ask me how because I'm still in shock! Whatever I did, I want to do again and again until these last 33 pounds drop off.

I kinda have a theory and y'all let me know if maybe you've found this to be true. Usually I eat the WW muffins for breakfast and frozen meals for lunch and "regular" food for dinner. Last week I ate more regular food (oatmeal, grilled meats, salads, veggies) than the other. Do you think that might have been the difference? Just a thought. I might be totally so far off of it! Who knows!
LindaB763 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 10:33 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 250/184.4/146

Height: 5'2"

Wow, that was totally Awesome LindaB!!!!! Congratulations!!!! I havn't had that good a weight loss since I first started. I have been exercising and sticking to the plan. I usually eat a low carb bagel with fat free cream cheese and low sugar jelly in the morning, either a frozen meal or leftover from dinner the night before and something low cal, either a 2point soup and salad or low point casserole. I'm trying to stay away from salty items like chips and popcorn. I was thinking I might need to spread out and use my flex points more. Are you using your flex points? How much are you exercising? I'd be interested in talking to you more and anyone else if you have any ideas. I havn't posted on this thread before, but I like the idea of Sticking to it!! I know it has been a problem over the years for me, but I am really motivated to do it this time and want to keep my motivation up.
exquisitern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 12:26 PM   #37  
In it for life!

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by exquisitern
Are you using your flex points? How much are you exercising?
Sometimes I use my flex points and then it's usually on the weekends if I go out to eat. I try to save them for then. I plan my days around not going over the daily points I'm allowed so I can splurge on the weekend.

Exercise?!? I try my best to avoid it. I don't like the word "exercise" (rates right up there with the ugly word "fat") so I opt to do things that are fun and get me moving at the same time. I go dancing every weekend. And I also work part-time at a coffee cafe two or three nights a week (in addition to my full-time job) and that keeps me on my feet moving, stretching, bending, etc. a lot. I'm thinking about getting a threadmill from a friend and walking on it in the mornings before I get ready for work. Since summer is here I can plan on going swimming too.
LindaB763 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 01:31 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 179/

Height: 5feet 2 inches

Can I join in too please!
I am 52 and need to lose weight for my health. I will be using the Gi Diet and I too am not a lover of the word exercise. I am trying to look at it differently and go for walks and do more housework and gardening ( when it stops raining long enough). I will weigh myself Monday to see how I am doing. Fingers crossed there is a loss.
Wulfcwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 02:57 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 250/184.4/146

Height: 5'2"

Thanks for the thoughts Linda B and good luck to you Wulfcwen !!!!

My daughter is a great motivator for getting me out the door to walk!! She always wants to go to the park or go ride her bike and I always let her take a friend to keep her company so I can have peace!!!
exquisitern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 03:17 PM   #40  

Count me in too
Im a working mum to a 5 yr old DD and im still trying to shift the old baby weight and now as my WW meeting has finished i could use some help and support
iwillbeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 10:22 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 235/235/135

Hello. I am new here. I am 33 years old, mother of 3 girls ages 5,3,19 months, married, I work part time, I am an RN, going to school part time for my BS and crazy busy. I need to lose weight but find it hard to fit it in. I hope I can find support to help me in this process.

Thanks!
busynurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 11:42 PM   #42  

Smile new

hi everyone im new i have 4 boys 13 and under and trying to lose weight.
chriss31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 12:52 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 220/220/135

im not sure where to post anything right now.. so i guess this is as good a place as any. Im 27..... college student/preschool teacher. I started watching things about a three weeks ago.... and got off track (not hard to do) Food has always been a comfort thing for me..... things change i get stressed out and down.... i eat... mostly chocolate and sodas... anyways.... I have to start losing some weight... i dont like the way i look...... i hate it.... the doc's already got me walking 30 minutes a day....some day i wanna get married and have a fam... but thats wishing..... ive thought about taking my own life because im not healthy anyways.. but thats not the answer.. anyways.... im gonna start again.... I wanna say monday... but i know if i say monday... ill push it back later... so.... tommmorow is when i start.... sorry for the rambling....
LauraCarrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 01:51 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 200/185/130

Talking Sticking with it

LauraCarrot, chriss31, busynurse, iwillbeslim, exquisitern, Wulfcwen, BrownEyedJ, peachpie13, haapigirl, suzieq2006

Did I miss anyone? Our group has been moved to the "Support Group" Section titled "Sticking with it week 1" Come join us over there.

Potato
potato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 04:01 PM   #45  

Hi! I'm new here too. Count me in, I'm looking for support too.

Last edited by marymoo; 05-27-2006 at 04:07 PM.
marymoo is offline   Reply With Quote