Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-22-2006, 06:18 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 200/185/130

Cool

Just in time. I started my diet today.
I was always told a woman who will tell her age will tell you anything. Well, I'm 49. What else you want to know?

Lets see, looks like I'm the oldest of everyone so far, but I am up for the challenge. I am 200 lbs and want to get down to 130.

I live in Florida which I love but would like to go to the beach and wear a bathing suit instead of shorts and a t-shirt. (to embarassed)

Potato
potato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 09:11 AM   #17  

Sorry I didn't start the week 1 thread yesterday. I just posted one in the Support Groups forum.
jjeanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 10:51 AM   #18  
Follow Me to Onederland!

S/C/G: 284~278~150

I was gonna ask this morning if everything was alright because I noticed that thread didn't get posted. Thanks Jeanne!
Hpnotq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 07:10 AM   #19  

Default In need of encouragement and committment!

Saw the title of this new group and knew it was the one for me. Five years ago I lost 30 pounds and kept it off for four years. Last year things started to slide and the pounds just keep creeping back on. Need to get and stay committed to eating properly and exercising. I am a 44 year old mother of two teenagers. I live in Canada and since the good weather is just around the corner I have no excuse not to exercise! My downfall for food seems to be between the hours of six and 10 pm at night. The munchies hit like a unstoppable force that have left a worn path in my carpet to the fridge. Would love to be in a group that offers hugs and encouraging words as well as a good swift kick in the "you know where" when the food munchies attack!
Gearing up for Monday!

Karen
cybersis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 08:53 AM   #20  

Well jump on in Cybersis because we just started week one this past Monday. The more the better. I'm Potato age 49 and live in Beautiful Beaches Fla. I like to check in everyday. That keeps me accountable. I've noticed some don't. I'm thinking I would like some challenges between all of us to make it more fun and if you are anything like me friendly challenges keeps me focused.

Jeanne is our team captain since she brought us together, so if you are reading this jeanne maybe you can come up with a challenge for us.

Anyway cybersis, click on the "support group" link under "sticking with it" and you will find us again.

I am so excited! I started Monday and have lost 7 pounds!! My goal is to be 130. I wasn't going to change my "weight guy" but once a week but I'm thinking it might motivate me to see it dropping!! Yahoo!!

Anyway I have chosen the "Carborhydrate Addict Diet" I've had the book for years but never did it because I got caught up in all the other ones. Since I never lost the pounds I thought I tried this. Basically, I eat Low Carb Breakfast, Lunch and then whatever I want (including dessert) for dinner. No snacks in between. Since its only been day 3 I can't really rave about my commitment level to it but for me it seems to be pretty easy. The book describes alot of pitt falls that I have to look out for. Since you are able to eat whatever you want for a reward meal the book encourages keeping it a well balance meal and not a binge session. Ha Ha.

Anyway, glad to have you aboard and good luck.
Potato
Old 05-24-2006, 10:56 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 230/230/133

Hi... too late to join, im fairly new to 3FC just not to dieting, i post with a few others, the slim for summer post. but i see there is no harm in posting here too. everyone needs support after all, so here i am. im 15lbs down now from when i very first signed up to 3FC. only a couple of months ago. and still have about 70lbs to go.
ill leave it here for now. and post with more later. x
emzi_bops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 12:37 PM   #22  
luv2scrap

Hi everyone. Hope it's not to late to join in. i've been doing ww for 7 months,and have been checking out 3FC for several months and just never posted anywhere. i am starting to get discouraged, could use the support.
vapixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 12:57 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 248/248/150

how do i find the new support group? where do I go?
thanks suzieq
suzieq2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 01:00 PM   #24  
Aleecia

We're under the support groups.
The name of the thread is Sticking With It - Week 1
Angel33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 03:46 PM   #25  
Pirate Queen

S/C/G: 200/191/140

Height: 5'7"

oh spiff, count me in! i'm a college student trying to get into the hang of this during my summer break.
BainidheDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 06:52 PM   #26  
Changing my Lifestyle!

S/C/G: 195/192/135

Am I too late to join?
Jessica6897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 09:11 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 242/223.2/135

I'd like in too.

My name is Amber I'm 38 and I have about 100 pounds to lose. I'm a single mother with a 13 year old boy.

I'm doing Weight Watchers and also using the Calorie King software to track what I eat.
amberzade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 03:19 AM   #28  

Location: A place where all four seasons happen almost daily.

S/C/G: 240/232/140

I am new here. Just found by chance surfing on by. Have been doing Slimfast Optimum for the past 3 weeks, lost 8 lbs. Now just going to count my calories. Also started walking today...walked about 36 blocks, so happy I did it. I have no children, no husband/significant other. I am trapped in grad school just now, so I have time this summer to change bad habits rather than slagging all the time. Thanks, Mandi
Amethyst79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 04:27 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 184/165/125

Hi-

I would like to join this group also. I am 43, married w/ kids, work full time in radio (livin' the radio dream, baby!) and the weight has just crept on. I am now 60 lbs overweight. My Doc put me on Phenterm- just started yesterday. I am also walking 3x's a day (half hour each) and doing some weights. So...anyone here from Wisconsin? How can I add that cute little weight loss thingy at the end of my post?
haapigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 09:38 AM   #30  

Hi everyone
Its never to late to join.
go to Support Group section and click on "sticking to it week 1"

Potato