Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-09-2006, 04:26 PM   #31  
*Smooches*

Starlet,

Thanks so much for the advice. I'm loving the firm so far..the funny thing is that what hooked me about the firm was the steps. I purchased the Pilates series awhile back but those exercises were to low impact for me to really loose any significant amount of weight or inches. I love the firm so far and I get a really good sweat with it..luckily the steps don't hurt my knees but I'll be especially careful now. Thanks Again!

Lesel,

Good Luck with your journey. What you said in your posts reminds me a bit of what I've been through so I believe I can say I know how you feel. You have got really far already though, 21lbs! Congrats. I see you are in SC (for a couple of weeks) and I'm also in SC (I go to university here) and if you ever need a buddy feel free to msg me!

Have a great successful week everyone!

Danielle
DaniDido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 04:44 AM   #32  

Height: 5' 7''

Oh God how I need motivation right now - I had a great week but went to a big work 'do on Friday night and felt so uncomfortable I guzzled all the free wine in sight...then proceeded to hook up with an ex (who I work with but nobody knew in work we were together and promised never to back near him again!)...followed by another night out on Saturday night, drunk again.

Today is Monday morning - I'm now facing my ex in work plus everyone in work knowing PLUS breaking my weight loss plan.

Its taking all my energy and motivation to stay away from food right now. I feel like heading home from work, curling up under a blanket and watching day-time tv on the sofa with a big lump of cake. I feel like crap and need any willpower you guys have left over......
finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 09:22 AM   #33  

Finn:
I can completely understand where you are coming from in speaking of finding the willpower to want to fight to keep going forward. If there is anything I've learned over the past few years is that we can be our own strongest supporter or worst enemy. Maybe you weren't at your best over the weekend but, that doesn't mean that you can't redeem yourself during this week. Like you said, today is Monday. You are still going through Monday, the sun is still out. There is nothing that stopping you from taking a 30 minute walk. There is nothing stopping you from making Monday your Fresh Start day. Like the singer Aaliyah would say ... "dust yourself off and try again." So all I can say is that make 2006 about doing what's best for you emotional, mental, and physical wise. You are your top priority and I'm sure you are going to do well this week. It doesn't matter what others (co -workers or your Ex) think, all that matters is how you feel about yourself. And I have complete faith that you are going to be just fine.

Sincerely,
DD
Starlet01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 10:00 AM   #34  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlet01
Finn:
I can completely understand where you are coming from in speaking of finding the willpower to want to fight to keep going forward. If there is anything I've learned over the past few years is that we can be our own strongest supporter or worst enemy. Maybe you weren't at your best over the weekend but, that doesn't mean that you can't redeem yourself during this week. Like you said, today is Monday. You are still going through Monday, the sun is still out. There is nothing that stopping you from taking a 30 minute walk. There is nothing stopping you from making Monday your Fresh Start day. Like the singer Aaliyah would say ... "dust yourself off and try again." So all I can say is that make 2006 about doing what's best for you emotional, mental, and physical wise. You are your top priority and I'm sure you are going to do well this week. It doesn't matter what others (co -workers or your Ex) think, all that matters is how you feel about yourself. And I have complete faith that you are going to be just fine.

Sincerely,
DD

Starlet that is excellent advice!!! I couldn't have put it better!

Finn: I had the same weekend as you (w/ the exception of hooking up w/ an ex, although, I've been there and done that) If you read my post from yesterday you'll see that I, too, drank too much, and ate like I shouldn't. The point is, you have to regain the control. You're the only one that can do it. I know it feels as if you've messed up the entire diet, so you want to throw your hands in the air and say to h** w/ it, but don't. You've come this far and you can do it! If you need more of a push, read back to the response I received from DaniDido, she had some excellent advice that helped me "snap out of it"

This is bound to happen to all of us at some point in time, at least you took the time to come online and post your feelings!!

Good luck!

Chantal
Chanty1483 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 11:37 PM   #35  
One day at a time...

OK Ladies...we are midway through the week? Have we bounced back from the weekend?

Just wanted to bump....

Take care and keep working hard!
April_Showers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 04:45 AM   #36  

Height: 5' 7''

Hey!

Yes! I got loads of encouragement from everyone here and struggled through Monday. I've actually done loads of exercise this week and did great with food too...the big thing for me is Easter weekend. I'm going home to my parents house...loads of lovely home cooked food..yum!...but also a beach and my dog so I have no excuses really!

So heres to a great weekend :-) Keep it up...we'll do it together...

fionnuala
finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 10:20 AM   #37  

Hey Everyone!!

Everything is going well for me...I slipped on Tuesday b/c we had a potluck, but I knew I was going to do it so I wasn't hard on myself for it. I was right back to the regular schedule yesterday though....have been eating fabulously and managed to get out for 2 walks this week (2 miles each time) and I will be going out for a walk tonight as well....

Easter weekend will be a bit of a struggle, but I'll make it through.

Good luck everyone!
Old 04-14-2006, 04:36 PM   #38  
One day at a time...

My boyfriend (evil!) surprised me at the office today with PF Changs. But I was good, only ate 4 pieces of the honey chicken and snap peas and spinach. It was so yummy. But yeah, its only one meal and I will work extra hard at the gym tonight (hopefully!).

It is finally getting warm out so I am going to get ouside a bit more at lunch as next weeks goal.

Good Job this week Chanty and Finn! You guys are great!

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 04-14-2006, 04:41 PM   #39  

Oh April, you're awesome!!

Thanks for the encouragement and you're definitely on the right track yourself!! Hope you have a great weekend!! I'm in Toronto this weekend visiting my grandmother and my mother....I have been good so far...

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!!
Old 04-21-2006, 09:08 AM   #40  

Okay everyone I'm bumping this thread up, haven't heard from any of you lately!!

What's going on ladies?? Where are you??? How's everything going??

Come forward! LOL
Old 04-21-2006, 06:36 PM   #41  
One day at a time...

Hey,

Had a rough weekend (eating wise) but got alot of good partying in (=dancing ). How was everyone's Easter? I've been super busy with work and my mentor program.

I have been too afraid to weigh myself this week! How has everyone else's week been?
Old 04-22-2006, 01:50 PM   #42  

Quote:
Originally Posted by April_Showers
Hey,

Had a rough weekend (eating wise) but got alot of good partying in (=dancing ). How was everyone's Easter? I've been super busy with work and my mentor program.

I have been too afraid to weigh myself this week! How has everyone else's week been?
I was wondering where you were!! Last weekend was definitely a write off for me too...come on ppl it's Easter! But I was right back on track last week.

Easter was great!!!! DH and I both came down w/ throat and ear infections so that kinda sucked, but we're recovering nicely. Haven't stepped on the scale myself, probably will skip that this week.

Hope everyone else is doing well!
Old 04-23-2006, 12:38 AM   #43  
One day at a time...

I stayed on point this week, I had to double 3 of my workout days, but it was worth it!

I just had the nastiest fight with my boyfriend over something so redicoulously petty, but he won't let it go. I am so angry right now and of course my mind says go to the cabinet. The only thing that is remotely similar to a piece of candy is a SB High Protein Diet bar...its freaking 140 calories. I cannot afford to have it but it is sitting here on my laptop staring at me. I am sure I'll burn it off running tomorrow morning, geez I am so obessesed with food!

How do you guys deal with stressful situations such as personal fights, or boss issues, or bad grades at a quarter to 1AM without eating crappy food?

Please pray for me and the life of this SB Diet Bar!
Old 04-25-2006, 08:18 AM   #44  
*Smooches*

Quote:
Originally Posted by April_Showers
I stayed on point this week, I had to double 3 of my workout days, but it was worth it!

I just had the nastiest fight with my boyfriend over something so redicoulously petty, but he won't let it go. I am so angry right now and of course my mind says go to the cabinet. The only thing that is remotely similar to a piece of candy is a SB High Protein Diet bar...its freaking 140 calories. I cannot afford to have it but it is sitting here on my laptop staring at me. I am sure I'll burn it off running tomorrow morning, geez I am so obessesed with food!

How do you guys deal with stressful situations such as personal fights, or boss issues, or bad grades at a quarter to 1AM without eating crappy food?

Please pray for me and the life of this SB Diet Bar!

Hey April,

Sorry to hear about the fight..I hate when that happens especially when you just want to drop the issue but the other person refuses to let it go.. but to answer your question..the right thingto say would be that when you have a stressful situation you should excercise..burn off that negative energy and boost your mood with endorphins! But ..I'll be honest with you..when I'm pissed off or totally depressed..the last thing I want to do is excercise.....please....all my will power at that time is probably directed to not going eat anything that will make me feel better ...what I do instead and I'll share with you is sleep...I mean I know the problem won't go away but I feel better after I get some rest and can now deal with whatever is stressing me out with a clearer mind. So next time...especially when you are craving No No foods is to brush your teeth.. the toothpaste's minty sweet tate kinda abates the hunger and go curl up in bed and sleep...or read a book both work for me. At least that way you haven't done anything to hamper the progress you've made for the week! Hope I helped a lil. Oh and about the b/f you know it'll work out eventually..you guys love eachother...just keep thinking about the great make-up session you'll have and you'll feel better instantly lol

P.S. Hi to everyone...I hope you are all working hard and rembering your personal goals. Have a great day!

Danielle
DaniDido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 09:43 PM   #45  
One day at a time...

I've been practicing the toothpaste trick all week, it works wonders! You are awesome Dandido, you give awsome advice. It's been a crazy week, I turned 24 and did a little celebrating, so it has kept me busy. Hope everyone else is doing well and knocking those lbs out!