Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-20-2006, 12:37 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 227/142/135

Height: 5'5"

Default ::Sniff Sniff:: I still need a buddy too!

No one loves me

My name is Kim and I am a 22 y/o SAHM down here in Louisiana (no, I am not Chocolate ). I am originally from NY and I moved here in 2004 after I married my Southern Boy. My little princess, Briley Makenna is almost 15 months... she and I love shopping and eating out.. hehehe. I started out at my highest, 227/Size 18. For the past several years I had been maintaining at 190.. then I became pregnant with my daughter and went up to 220. I was very sick early in 2005 and I went down to 200. Then, somehow between then and now, I gained almost 30 lbs. My husband and I started our new way of eating almost 2 weeks ago this Sunday (well, basically it's my new way of eating that I 'put' him on, lol.. since I am the one who does all of the shopping and cooking!). You can see my results in my signature. This week has been a bit tougher so I hope that I have been maintaining that loss! My weaknesses are PASTA (100% Italian!), bread.. and oh, did I mention PASTA? I also go weak at the knees for cheesecake, cookies, chocolate, brownies... Mhmmm. ANYWAYYYY.. I need a buddy that I can IM with often!
MAMA2CHUNKEYMONKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 12:40 PM   #2  
Working on Hot!

S/C/G: 242/225/175

hey Kim just start typing sounds like you got a good start ......and please dont talk about chocolate...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....chocolate I love the stuff I dont let myself have any I cant stop at one...lol
la3y_un1c0rn_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 12:41 PM   #3  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

I'm with you sister!! Pasta...oh how I love thee! LOL! Actually last night I made spaghetti but I used ground turkey instead of ground beef and my family just loved it, I also used the Barilla plus, which is supposed to be better than the plain white, I cant do the wholewheat pasta...its too...prikly. Looks to me like you are doing awesome so far!! keep up the good work! What IM do you use? I'd love to chat!

~melissa
Hun.e.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 01:15 PM   #4  

Default Same page

Sounds like we are on the same page and have the same goals. You can PM me anytime. Take care and good luck..
-CK
ApplBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 01:21 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Don't be shy! Jump right. Read, post. You'll meet lots of fabulous new folks.

If you're looking for something in particular maybe I can help you find threads that you'll like.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 05:11 PM   #6  
Elizabeth

S/C/G: 233/158/145

Height: 5'6

Talking

Hi Kim,

I'm a New Orleans' native --gasp, I still admit it! Maybe that's why I'm sooooo addicted to chocolate????!??!? The Mayor did call it a chocolate city??!?!?!

on your weight loss!

PM me if you want to chat, share Louisiana jokes, or discuss the battle of the bulge.

Good Luck,
Liz
telemetrynurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 05:19 PM   #7  
The Me I Wanna Be !

S/C/G: 212/200/180

Height: 5'2

Another NY transplanted in the south

I totaly agree Jump right on in here and start posting away !!

if you want to IM you can find me on yahoo usualy, i think my username is in my profile...

but really with such a great place like this its practicaly not even needed, i just signed up here the other day and you'd think i had been here forever i already feel like such a part of this community and am constantly meeting new people

you'll love it here !! theres so much motivation and inspiration and help its unreal !

Good luck in your WL journey...

mmmm... Pasta... mmmmm
Tayja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 09:33 PM   #8  

i dont know how to use this
stephfatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 10:04 PM   #9  
New mom to be

Kim! I, too, have a huge weakness for pasta, and sweets!!! But, like your signature says "Thin feels better than cookies taste." So I try not to eat a lot of them! I like that saying!! Well, if you ever need to talk or need some encouragement, just PM me. I've been on here for a little while and I do not have a buddy either.

Valentine's goal:

Started WW June 1 '05 (Long term goal):
sassybrat25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 01:09 PM   #10  

Hi, I am from the east coast too and i moved south. Well.. okay to south jersey from north jersey but its a a change. Anyway... I feel ya with the pasta. I think i live in the pasta capital of the world. Feel free to contact me anytime. I just started weight watchers and i could use a friend.
Daffadil71 is offline   Reply With Quote