Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2005, 07:36 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 199/196/170

Height: 5'4

hey djmommy hows it going, I found my way back again, I just get so carried away with this site, I think I spend too much time on here (here it keeps me from eating, hehe) I sorta went off this weekend a bit too, but I am back, so what is everyone doing for exercise?? I am walking on my treadmill, when I first started I could barely do 2 minutes, it just about killed me, thats when I knew I was really in trouble. I have persisted I am now up to 5 min. x3 a day, so I will keep this up this week then hopefully I can up it. Good luck to all you Americans on Thanksgiving, mmmm I can smell the turkey. Remember NO seconds!!!!!!
Lynda
Old 11-22-2005, 08:10 PM   #32  
barb

Height: 5'7

Yeah homemade you found your back. I go all over the site too. I just learned of anoter site to go in and log your food and it calculates your cal. Also lets youknow how much of the pyrimid you are eating. I have way to many carbs. Am i allowed to say the site here. It is free. I am not sure of the rules here. Anyway kind of cool. I did not get to work out today. Hubby is not home yet. I did on MOnday. I can go about 30 min on the elpicor and 15 on the row machine,But it does not do me any good. I think I need to do aerobics or something. I may start to swim. I just hate getting in a bathing suit in the winter.Anyway ladies good luck
Old 11-23-2005, 08:23 AM   #33  

hi dj, good for you on the execise,, I keep upping mine by another 5 min, hopefully soon I can catch up to some of the rest of yous, but I sure has been an improvement overall. I am not sure about the rules either but I have seen lots of websites mentioned on here, but cant say for sure, would you mind emailing me the website privately, ITs sounds great
Old 11-23-2005, 01:03 PM   #34  

Ladies,
How is everyone doing this day before Thanksgiving? Does anyone have any strategies for tomorrow?
Old 11-25-2005, 12:51 AM   #35  

hey guys, hope you all did well over Thanksgiving, let us know.
Lynda
Old 11-28-2005, 10:28 AM   #36  
barb

hello everyone. Well I will be honest I blew it big time. Oh well. Today I am back to normal. I already worked out. I even did the tredmill for 20 min. which included a few short runs. II also did the elipicor for 30 min..Can you tell I feel soo guilty about getting off track. I just put on a crockpot of bean soup. I am writing everything down and drinking water. I can do this. I will not be going in to my home town until 3 weeks so I need to focus and drop. Maybe If I do I will be good for the christmas holiday. I hope you all did good.
Old 11-28-2005, 06:56 PM   #37  

Enjoy your bean soup djmommy, good going on the excercise. Im in Canada so I didn't have the worries some you guys did, I have been eating well, lacking in exercise though, need to really push myself to get active.
How are you momof5??? hope you behaved on Thanksgiving
Old 11-28-2005, 07:10 PM   #38  
barb

Homemade we use to go to Canada all the time. We went to Windors often to the Italin district. Great food. I use to live in Mighigan . I have never been to ontario, but one day would love to take my boys. It is beautiful in canada.
Old 11-29-2005, 09:11 AM   #39  

Smile

I am new here as well, I am a mother of 3 boys. I desperately need to lose at least 25 lbs. About fell over when I got on the scale for the first time in a year to see that I hit 150 I thought I was gonna be sick. I only have myself to blame. Eating when I'm not hungry, (I could blame hubby, for all the fast and junk food he brings home). What does he have to worry about, he eats everything at all hours of the day and don't gain one pound
I will gladly be a buddy, I'm here daily and I will try to encourage you as much as you need. As for the chocolate on the desk, (which I did the same thing), I now put out jelly belly beans (low fat) or twizzlers (also low in fat).
I use to go to the gym faithfully and loved every bit of it (having a good trainer as well as cute) helped alot, but one day I couldn't make it then that turned into 2 days of not going, which resulted in a year later still not there. Home equipment didn't help much, it's always after I do this or that and then I go to bed without even touching it. I guess I need encouragement too.
Once again aboard, and together we can do this!!!!

Old 11-29-2005, 01:45 PM   #40  
barb

welcome. Yes you will get the support here,What are you doing to loose the weight? I am currently doing ww. I switch way to much. I am really going to try this one faithfully. I am also in tears with my weight gain I really need to loose about 40 but I am shooting for 30. Then I will work from that point. You will be successful if this is what you want. Hang in there. Good luck
Old 12-02-2005, 12:41 AM   #41  

guys we can do this if we stick together, I have been away a couple of days, no excercise, but have been eating ok, went to Tops and lost 1/2 pound and got my first charm for a 5 pound loss, so that was encouraging. If I could just start walking again,
Lynda
Old 12-02-2005, 02:33 PM   #42  
barb

WHOOHOO homemade congratulations.Anything is good. I weighed myself to day I am down 2. I really should not have weighed in until monday, because that would be the true week. Hopefully this will keep me grounded this weekend. Antbody have any good suggestions for the monthly cravings. Man I am craving salt and choc. To say the least I have already had, 10 nuts, 10 lf pringles and 6 christmas chewys and a handful of tortia chips. AGGGGGGhhhhh . icould not work out today, I thought I better give my legs a rest in case of muscle spasms occuring from over doing it. I just filled up my water bottle. Hopefully That will help with the craving. Why do women have to deal with everything????? Good luck you all
Old 12-05-2005, 10:20 AM   #43  

hey dj, I know what you mean, I crave salt all the time, the saltery the better
I hope you do well on your weight in today. I go thur and I am really hoping, I blew it yesterday, went to the movies, without even thinking twice I order the Med popcorn with extra butter,,,,,,,,,,,,Never it crossed my mind till my husband looked at me, he doesn/t eat popcorn..............I said there would be no point in going to the movies if you can't eat popcorn!!!!!!!!! Next time I have to get him to order it, no butter.
Lynda
Old 12-05-2005, 01:10 PM   #44  

Hello everyone,
DJmommy and Lynda,
You ladies look like you have a real plan going. I wish I could lose at least one pound. It looks like my scale never moves. I might get another one just to see if it is working right. Once I get my knee and quadricep problem repaired I will really increase my exercising.
Old 12-05-2005, 03:01 PM   #45  

hey momof 5 good to hear from you, be sure to take it easy with the knee, Can you go swimming??? I went to see about joining a gym today, that has a pool, I am trying to get my nerve up to put on a bathing suit
Lynda
Closed Thread