Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2005, 01:27 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/167/135

Height: 5'1

Default Need A Friend

I am new to everything these days (or so it seems!). I am a stressed out stay at home mom. I am at the heaviest weight my body has ever known. I am exercising, so that's a definite plus. I just feel lonely. I am looking for support. Any helpful advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-03-2005, 10:30 AM   #2  
Pending Email Confirmation

Default Lots of friends here

Hello, I'm pretty new here, too, but from what I've read so far you'll find lots of friends here in the forums. I've gotten lots of good tips and encouragement already.

I'm a (somewhat) new SAHM too. My baby just turned 1 year old. How old is yours? I squeeze in my exercise while he's napping. Lucky for me he still takes 2 longs naps per day. I do weight-training (Bowflex) during his morning nap and cardio (treadmill) during his afternoon nap. Then, after dinner, we go to the park together to walk. That whole schedule is fairly new for me (us) and so far I'm only down 14 pounds. But every pound is a success!

Are you on a particular diet? I'm not. I've changed my eating habits and now make healthier eating choices. Any change is better than what I was eating (lots of sweets and fried food and fast food). Eventually I may need to refine my menu a little more, but for now I'm doing okay.

Good luck and check in often. Just perusing the forums seems to help me a lot, hope it helps you too.

Cindy
Old 09-03-2005, 11:13 AM   #3  

Hi Ladies! I too am relatively new here and a SAHM and lonely looking for support! Cynthia great job on those 14 pounds gone forever!! Awesome!!

Great job both of you exercising! I am lucky if I can get a walk in these days, but I do try. I am in this for the long haul and would love to "buddy up" with both of you if you are interested!

Have a great holiday weekend!
PJ
Old 09-03-2005, 02:33 PM   #4  

hello ladies i to am a stay at home mom i am at my heaviest weight to i want to lose at least 85 pounds by next summer i sleep eat think weightloss all day i know all that is needed to no about losing weight except how to get my self to stick to it i would love to have so sahm for buddies hope tbe of help to some of u shea
Old 09-03-2005, 02:41 PM   #5  

Ladies if No one minds I will post a new thread for SAHM and see who we get and then we can go from there! I am all in need for SAHM help with weight loss! I look forward to getting to know each of you!
Have a great weekend!
PJ
Old 09-03-2005, 05:05 PM   #6  
Pending Email Confirmation

Sounds like a great idea, PJ! I'll be there, just let me know where to find the thread. I'm still trying to figure out all the categories on this forum.

Cindy
Old 09-03-2005, 05:35 PM   #7  

carafre,

Welcome to the boards! I felt EXACTLY the way you do, roughly a week or so ago too! Then I started posting on these boards, everyone helped me, and now I am getting normal again! I have not felt better in a long time!!

Feel free to check me out: http://www.freewebs.com/tracym04/ that is my own personal web site.
Old 09-03-2005, 08:36 PM   #8  

Default Thank - you !!!!!!

I am so excited! I know this sounds lame, but I didn't realize that I wasn't alone. I am so thankful for all of your responses! I have a daughter who will be three in Nov. and my son just turned one!! I am not on a diet. I do try to watch what I eat. I am still nursing my son.

I have dropped a couple of pounds this week. I am fighting my anxiety so that I can get out and exercise with my kids. They love the park. I am learning to also. I don't like to be "in public". But it's not so bad now. I can focus on my kids having fun. I hope I can keep this new attitude. It seems possible!
Glad to be here! Thanks so much!
Old 09-03-2005, 09:00 PM   #9  
Striving Towards Success

Hey. I feel you. I'm at the heaviest I've ever been too. I just got back into a little rountine too. I started walking, now I have went out and bought Carmen Electra's strip aerobics. Very Fun!! It does a get a little discouraging, but hang in there. It gets easier as the days go on.
Old 09-03-2005, 09:37 PM   #10  

hey brown foxy i brought the same same i brought the series i like em but to me there for once you kinda reached your goal because there so slow i have so many exercise tapes and eqipment that i just dont use my husband says with all the stuff i have i should be skinny lol only if he knew how bad i wish i could be n e way hope to start a group soon
Old 09-04-2005, 12:01 AM   #11  

Hi ladies. I have been checking out different groups. I am a SAHM, as well. I have twins that will be 2 in November. I have 60 lbs to lose and I also feel like I am in this battle alone. I am gathering up support because I really want to change. I am doing Weight Watchers. Hope we can all help each other.
Old 09-04-2005, 11:06 AM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by carafre
I am so excited! I know this sounds lame, but I didn't realize that I wasn't alone. I am so thankful for all of your responses! I have a daughter who will be three in Nov. and my son just turned one!! I am not on a diet. I do try to watch what I eat. I am still nursing my son.

I have dropped a couple of pounds this week. I am fighting my anxiety so that I can get out and exercise with my kids. They love the park. I am learning to also. I don't like to be "in public". But it's not so bad now. I can focus on my kids having fun. I hope I can keep this new attitude. It seems possible!
Glad to be here! Thanks so much!
Wow!!! You sound SO MUCH like me!!! I was the same way! I don't know what it is, but it seems this is common. You sounds like an exact replica of me just a couple of weeks ago! And I had been like that for years! I am not totally out of it... but I am much better. I go out... and do things. My husband used to say to me "all you do is stay home in your little bubble"! That really made me mad because I did not feel that way. But he was kind of right!

It is awesome seeing ourselves change for the better and grow! That freedom we get while we change is one of the keys that helps us lose the weight I think. It is a big stress off of our chests too!

Feel free to PM me if you want... we can chat anytime.
Old 09-04-2005, 11:48 AM   #13  
sunkiss

Hello everyone! I'm also a SAHM (but part time if you will). I have a part time job only 4 hours in the evenings for 4 days a week. Not bad, gets me out and I call it ME time seeing i never get ANY! I'm also looking to buddy up with a few friends. Like Carafre and a few others, I have just started and been on my diet for 1 (one) week. I need support seeing i dont get any in the household. I'm ready!!! I'm ready to change my life and for once i'm putting my foot down and doing something about it and I need help and a friend or two.

Now this is where YOU GUYS come in, as I will do my best to help, support and be a friend to you. Over the years I have let myself go. I was fit, lean and mean right up to graduation. I started having breathing problems and found out i have asthma. After years of steroids and not running because i couldnt get enough air into my lungs i became who i am today. Im now at the biggest i have ever been. Last weighing in at 229 lbs. I have a lifetime membership that as soon as my daughter heads back to school i WILL USE IT! Thank god she starts soon, I just keep thinking 1 1/2 weeks! My husband doesnt support me like i wish he would. Hes a wonderful man and tells me he loves me the way I am but I don't love myself like this. I want to grow old with my husband and daughter. I'm affraid if I keep going the way I am, I will have some problems seeing Diabeties runs bad in my family and wieght gain can trigger that. Plus the asthma doesnt do me any good. Hope I find everything i need here... from the looks of it everyone is wonderful and cant wait to get to know some of you. God bless everyone and now i know............ IM NOT ALONE! THANKS *HUGS*
Old 09-04-2005, 12:17 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunkiss
Hello everyone! I'm also a SAHM (but part time if you will). I have a part time job only 4 hours in the evenings for 4 days a week. Not bad, gets me out and I call it ME time seeing i never get ANY! I'm also looking to buddy up with a few friends. Like Carafre and a few others, I have just started and been on my diet for 1 (one) week. I need support seeing i dont get any in the household. I'm ready!!! I'm ready to change my life and for once i'm putting my foot down and doing something about it and I need help and a friend or two.

Now this is where YOU GUYS come in, as I will do my best to help, support and be a friend to you. Over the years I have let myself go. I was fit, lean and mean right up to graduation. I started having breathing problems and found out i have asthma. After years of steroids and not running because i couldnt get enough air into my lungs i became who i am today. Im now at the biggest i have ever been. Last weighing in at 229 lbs. I have a lifetime membership that as soon as my daughter heads back to school i WILL USE IT! Thank god she starts soon, I just keep thinking 1 1/2 weeks! My husband doesnt support me like i wish he would. Hes a wonderful man and tells me he loves me the way I am but I don't love myself like this. I want to grow old with my husband and daughter. I'm affraid if I keep going the way I am, I will have some problems seeing Diabeties runs bad in my family and wieght gain can trigger that. Plus the asthma doesnt do me any good. Hope I find everything i need here... from the looks of it everyone is wonderful and cant wait to get to know some of you. God bless everyone and now i know............ IM NOT ALONE! THANKS *HUGS*
Sunkiss,

I am going to PM you.
Old 09-04-2005, 12:50 PM   #15  

Default Here we go!

I now have a goal! I weighed 215 when I started actually weighing myself a couple of weeks ago. I weighed yesterday and I was down to 206. I realized that I never even gave myself credit for doing that! Nine pounds is amazing (even if I can't see it in the mirror!). My final goal is to lose 60 lbs.. But I will start with 6 to lose by middle/end of Oct.. I wish you all the best and would love to keep up with all of you. I will give the Carmen Electra video a try. My sister loves it ( but she is a size 8.). It sounds like fun. Even if it makes me laugh it'll be worth it!!!
Hope to hear your thoughts and stories soon!
It's really happeneing! Let's all hang in there one pound at at time.
Closed Thread