Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2005, 09:29 AM   #31  
Pending Email Confirmation

Good morning, all! Trying to get caught up on things here at home this morning. My little guy goes to the doctor today for his one-year-old shots and bloodwork. He actually went a couple weeks ago but had a fever so the doctor wanted to reschedule (I think the fever was due to teething). Wish me (and him) luck!

Carafre: Yes, I use a treadmill. I recently hauled it into the house from the garage because I'm more motivated when it's in front of the tv. My secret for using it is that it gives me an excuse for watching trash tv and not feel guilty... I have to confess, I like watching Judge Judy, and so I park myself on the treadmill when my little one takes his afternoon nap and watch two episodes in a row. Hey, at least it's better than Jerry Springer (but not much, my husband would say!).

Becca: Welcome! Ooh, that ice cream sundae sounded good... but congrats on overcoming it with all that exercise. Good for you for jogging. I hope to be jogging again someday when I get a little less heavy (otherwise it will be tough on the knees). I haven't really looked into pilates. I've been wanting some sort of yoga-type dvd to do on the weekends, isn't pilates somehow related to yoga? I guess I'll need to research it all some more before getting started.

Hey PJ! You were too busy for us because of your children? Now that's a sorry excuse.... Just kidding! We all know what that's like! It's amazing any of us can be overweight when we have them to chase around. Glad to hear things are going well. I hear you about the lifestyle change. I think it's easier to be successful when you think of it that way as opposed to a temporary "diet". That way, you incorporate occasional naughty treats into your life instead of denying yourself and then binging on a bad day.

As far as homeschooling and socialization, if I were to send my child to a traditional school, it would be for him to get an education, NOT to become a social butterfly; they are sent there to learn, not socialize. There are enough activities that children are involved in besides school that develop their social skills. Just my two cents.

About a new thread: Yes, start one! We've been trying to come up with a name. A few posts back, Lara had a cute name in the title of her post, about SAHMs getting skinny. Maybe Slimming SAHMmies or something like that. Or Motivated Moms. (Can you tell I like alliteration?)

Okay, that's enough writing for now. Sorry for the long post. Have a great day.

Cindy
Old 09-08-2005, 06:50 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 220/167/135

Height: 5'1

Default Here

I love the name Slimmin Sahmmies! Anybody else? I hope all is well. So far so crazy here in my world. The upside is that I've been major stressed ( haven't we all!) w/o the binge eating attached. I am proud that I've handled the stress sans food. Big step. Proud am I. Ok I better go since I sound like Yoda! Hope ya'll have a great evening.
carafre
Old 09-08-2005, 11:03 PM   #33  

Hello! I like the "Slimming Sahmmies" name, too. Have a good weekend eveyone! I will be out of town and trying to stay on plan while I eat out for every meal!

Rikki
Old 09-09-2005, 01:34 PM   #34  

I like slimming Sahmmies too!! Good idea!

Today is going well! Yesterday was HORRIBLE, but today is good. Yay!! The kids and I have been keeping busy making apple crips (w/ apples from our OWN tree!!) and pasta sauce. We've also been cleaning like CRAZY. The house fell apart this week when I was so down in the dumps, but today it's back to normal... actually better than normal since I cleaned the fan and dusted the cupboards w/ pledge.

Eating today has been good so far. The afternoons are typically when I crash tho. So today I won't!

I went for a 2 mi walk this morning w/ the dog... so it was more like a walk/jog! I did it in 30 mins so that's about walking 4 miles/hr... which is what I want to be doing I plan to do my pilates this afternoon... hopefully! I have a ton mroe laundry to fold and put away tho, so we'll see which gets done first
Old 09-09-2005, 02:22 PM   #35  

Default Keepin' on

Becca - good for you. I am glad that you feel better today! I've been catching up on the housework, too. Seems like I'm never done, LOL!! Hope your day keeps going well.

carafre
Old 09-10-2005, 08:35 AM   #36  

Default Saturday Weigh In

Good Morning Ladies! Hope to hear from all today. Is there a new thread started for us? I didn't see one. I've done very well this week. I'm down to 203.5 as of this a.m.. I am really happy that the exercise is working. My husband is also elated. I can't wait to hear from ya'll.
Take care.
carafre
Old 09-10-2005, 09:45 AM   #37  

Default Woo-hoo!

Good morning, all. Hope you are doing well this morning, as are your kiddies (and kitties, if you have them ).

Congrats, Carafre, on the loss! Isn't it great working hard all week and then finding out it was worth it? I lost 4 pounds this week. Yay! But more importantly (to me, anyway) is that I broke that 200 barrier. First time in a few years. And only 2 pounds to go for my first mini-goal.

On the other hand, while I feel stronger and more energized through exercising, I don't think I look any different. You would think after almost 20 pounds you would look different. But I was reading about this on another thread, and the general consensus was that it depends on how much you have to lose and your body type. Maybe I'll start noticing a difference after the next 20 pounds.

I haven't seen a new thread either. I think PJ is going to start it, I'm sure she'll tell us where it's at.

Have a great weekend, ladies, and be strong!

Cindy
Old 09-10-2005, 12:35 PM   #38  
dog Mom to Karma

Default SAHM are slimming already

Hi All - It's so nice to hear from you guys. Gook work! I had a good week for exercise, been to the gym 4 out of 5 week days. I lost about 2 pounds, which I am happy about. However these are the same two pounds I have lost and gained over and over for the last t months. I decided to mix it up a bit and joined WW last thursday.

I was inspired by another SAHM's mini goal/reward so I am setting one for myself and am going to look into setting up the tracker thingy. Here it is:

Mini Goal #1 - lose 6 more pounds in September
Reward - Spa manicure/pedicure in first week of October

I must say, other people must have better memories than me because I would like to reply to other peoples' posts. And say specific stuff like "wow, nice 4 pound loss, whoever" and "noticing your changing body shape does lag the scale loss in my experience" etc. But when I hit the reply button, I cant see the thread anymore and my mind becomes a blank.

I have to admit to you all that the first time I tried to decipher the term SHAM, I thought, Single, Asian, Homosexual Man. I was really confused. Took me a little while to figure out why all these single guys were named Jenny an Theresa and always talking about their kids

Lara
Old 09-10-2005, 01:26 PM   #39  

Lara: You crack me up! I almost fell of my chair laughing! (Hey, laughing is good abdominal exercise... boy, we sure get a one-track mind in this forum, huh?)

If you use the "Quick Reply" at the bottom, you can scroll up and look at the previous posts. I don't think you can do that using the "Post Reply" button. The difference is, you can't title your post using "Quick Reply".

Congrats on the loss! You've really come a long way so far. Very inspiring!

Cindy
Old 09-10-2005, 10:51 PM   #40  

Hey Slimmin SAHMmies!! Love the name!!
Cindy how did your lil guy make out with his shots and stuff? Great job on getting into 1derland!!! AWesome!!
Carafre, way to go!! You will be in 1derland before you know it! Good job on the housework as well!
Lara, you are too funny! You too anothe rgreat job on 2 pounds down and 46 total!!
Becca great job getting right back on track and going for your walk/jog this AM with the pup! Yummy apple crisps!!
Rikki, hope you are doing as you had planned while out of town!
OK have to go back a page and see who else I missed!
PJ
Old 09-10-2005, 10:56 PM   #41  

Default Stop!!!

OK Ladies no more posts here! From now on we will carry this convo under Slimmin SAHMmies. OK? See ya all there!!! It will be on the Buddy Up forum..........
Closed Thread