Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2005, 12:51 PM   #1  
Just starting out!

Default 22 y/o looking to lose ~30 pounds...

So I found a great guy with whom I'd like to spend the rest of my life... and with our increasingly comfortable lifestyle came an increasingly UNcomfortable waistband!! I've put on 30 pounds in the last two years and lost all of my muscle tone... now I'm a squishy rectangular pillow-person. Oh yes, and apparently I'm very prone to stretch marks and cottage cheese, something I didn't realize until my body fat percentage skyrocketed.

My honey thinks I'm gorgeous just the way I am (actually, I think he likes me a little heavy, because it means it's ok if HE is! ) but I'm not happy with the way I look and I need a CHANGE!!

I'm joining a gym tonight!! Any other twentysomethings with 20-50 pounds to lose who want to commiserate?
Old 04-30-2005, 02:57 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 235/see ticker/175

Height: 5'9

Hi there! I have a few lbs to lose also...been trying for a while now but would definitely like to get some weight loss buddies to chat with....
What kind of gym are you joining? I am doing weights and some cardio at the small one i go to ..
Karla
Old 04-30-2005, 06:15 PM   #3  
t1iffany

S/C/G: 202/202/140

HI! I'm 23 going 24 and want to lose 39 pounds, I put on my weight when I got pregnant and can't seem to get rid of it. I started working out, now I need to get my eating under control. I think it would be cool to have some other people to chat with and to lose weight with, well Good luck
Old 04-30-2005, 07:51 PM   #4  
Just starting out!

Well I joined Pure Fitness, local to me here in AZ and I think they're in Washington too, but that's it. It's actually a really nice gym.. my favorite part being the free personal training, 2 sessions your first month and one every month after that for as long as you're a member! It will be nice just to have somebody around to keep me accountable and check my progress, making adjustments to my program as necessary.

I will be doing a LOT of cardio (ugh) and some weight training. Once I've gotten the first 15 pounds off, I'll probably shift to more weight training.

I'm a massage therapist and I used to work in a gym, so I KNOW how to be fit, it's just DOING it!!
Old 05-01-2005, 01:42 PM   #5  

Default I hear you!

Hi Ladies - I'm also a 22 year old looking to lose about 35-40 pounds. Its been about a year since I started losing weight and working out; as a senior in college the gym here was free and really close to my apartment, so I was really lucky.

I lost about 30 pounds and ALOT of inches, then gained some back and I've been stuck in a rut for the past couple months and need to find a buddy(ies) for encouragement. I'll be graduating in a week and life is stressful so I've been eating and I would like to get back into a routine; I start a job in July and would like to lose at least 10 pounds by then. I KNOW I can do it, its just a matter of getting it done. Just like you said gypzye

I need to get ride of the old "I'll start next week" mantra. I'd love to chat with you all!
Old 05-01-2005, 08:07 PM   #6  
t1iffany

Default Anyone Up For A Challenge

Hey I have an idea!!!! We could challenge each other to lose 18 lbs by the 4th of July, that's about 2 lbs a week...... I think we can do it. SO... is anyone up for the challenge?!?!?!?!!??
Old 05-02-2005, 10:07 AM   #7  

Hey ladies! I'm in the same boat. I'm 22 y/o, and I need to lose about 25. I've already lost 4lbs, but I'm finding it really hard. I've been doing cardio for 45 a day for 5 to 7 days a week. I do some weight lifting about 4 or 5 days a week. However, I find it really hard. I work out at my apartment, and I'm really self conscious about lifting weights around other people. I do have two 8lbs weights at home that I like to use, but the fitness room has so much more...
However, I need a buddy or a bunch of buddies. I'm trying to be strong, but I keep having a craving for McDonald's fries dipped in sweet and sour sauce!
Old 05-02-2005, 02:35 PM   #8  
Just starting out!

I think we should be journal buddies!! I started a journal under gypzye, let's subscribe to each other's journals and post encouragement and little nags if necessary ... post up your journal names here so I can subscribe to y'all!!

This is a surprisingly active category... so far we have:

gypzye
wkgirl
t1iffany
ErMac22
kellbee

With 5 of us, there will always be SOMEbody wanting to work out!!

I'm hitting the gym tonight with my fh, he is going to wander around and do what strikes him but I will be doing a 60 minute Cardio Cross Training class! And then I'll probably go home, clean like a madwoman and move around heavy pieces of furniture!!
Old 05-02-2005, 02:47 PM   #9  

Hey Girls, I need the encouragement also. I am 22 years old and weigh 186 want to get to 145. I have joined a encouragement group with these great ladies called Curvy Vixens. Theyare so cool and so encouraging, anyone is welcome to check it out.

But i would like to chat too. I have just recently lost 10 pounds but want to really get motivated and into it. I know i can do it, In september we go to the beach, and i want to be able to look good for there. So any help would be great. send me a message if anyone is interested. or email me j m teague @ gmail.com without the spaces

Jessica
Old 05-02-2005, 07:13 PM   #10  

Can I please join? I need some support, too! I am 23 and have put on 20 lbs. since I graduated from college (moved back home there's food all over the house I am not used to having around.) I weigh 135 now and want to get back down to 115. I am 5'2. I am pretty toned, but I need to lose this layer of flab. Fourth of July sounds great to me! I am going to see my boyfriend the third week of July and I would like him to see me the way we were in college rather than the lazy *** person I have turned into now.
Old 05-02-2005, 07:21 PM   #11  
Just starting out!

Holy crap you guys, I just remembered I have a family reunion 4th of July week!! I'm totally down for a challenge before then. My AIM and Yahoo! IM names are hey, you guessed it, gypzye so if you see me online feel free to drop me a buddy request!!

I am weirdly excited about going to the gym tonight. I'm all dancing around waiting until 5 when I can leave... crazy!!
Old 05-02-2005, 08:05 PM   #12  

Default Challenge

Yeah for responses! I would LOVE to do a challenge for 4th of July, mine would probably be 15 pounds. I think we should definitely coutine the thread and encourage one another. I know I need all the help I can get!

Krissy, I'm nervous the pounds are going to come back on for me too after graduation. Home always such good food!

Hope to hear from you ladies!
Old 05-03-2005, 12:32 AM   #13  
t1iffany

yeah!!!!! I'm excited that I'm not doing this alone... So what does everyone plan to do? I'm going to give up fast food and desserts and exercise everyday until the 4th. I'm going to go to the gym and work out with weights every other day and on the days that I don't go to the gym I'm going to walk and do Tae Bo. Well I put it in writing so now I have to do it . GOOD LUCK TO US ALL.
Old 05-03-2005, 02:22 PM   #14  
Just starting out!

I'm going to hit the gym at least 5x a week... I'm secretly shooting for six. Also I'm giving up soda (God that is hard to say... I'm such a Dr. Pepper addict) and limiting myself to one cup of coffee in the morning. If I drank it black, it wouldn't matter, but I dump two Tbsp. of sugar and a quarter cup of creamer in it so it really doesn't belong on the diet at ALL but hey, I need my coffee....

Mostly I'm trying to up my water intake (a major issue with me) and watch my portions.

As another poster said, I'm on the "Am I going to regret eating that tomorrow?" diet plan and the "I need to get off my butt and go to the gym" exercise plan!!
Old 05-04-2005, 03:51 PM   #15  
t1iffany

well I've lost my 2 lbs this week so I'm hoping by the end of the week it mught be 3 or 4 lbs yaaaaaaaaaaaa yaaaa hip hip hooray (sorry got a little carried away!!) I've worked out everyday this week and no desserts. So how is everyone else doing?? I hope well, GOOD LUCK Ladies hope to hear from you soon!
Closed Thread