Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2005, 03:56 PM   #16  
t1iffany

S/C/G: 202/202/140

Boot Camp Community's 10 Commandments (from oprah's website)

1. I do deserve to have a strong and healthy body.
2. I do deserve to make all the time I need for myself.
3. I do deserve to be nurtured and loved for everything I am.
4. I do deserve a life free of lethargy, sluggishness and hopelessness.
5. I do deserve to look stunning!
6. I do deserve to free myself of negative people who seek only to cause me harm.
7. I do deserve wonderful positive people who encourage me to be the best me I can be!
8. I do deserve to eat for reasons of nutrition and not self medication.
9. I do deserve to be admired and stared at because I am a beautiful woman.
10. I do deserve to be strong throughout my life with a commitment to health and spirit.

Posted by: andijen

I thought that this was inspiring T1iffany

Last edited by t1iffany; 05-04-2005 at 03:58 PM.
Old 05-04-2005, 05:50 PM   #17  
Just starting out!

That's awesome T1iffany! That is very powerful. I didn't hit the gym last night, I rearranged my house instead... still got my workout in, whew! I've been doing ok with my food, I need to cut the portions down still (I always end up eating so fast I'm stuffed before I realize I'm satisfied) but otherwise the choices, at least, have been healthful. I'm trying to drink my water right now but I accidentally left it in my car and now it's warm, ugh!!

We're still not done getting the house put back together so it's undecided on whether we'll hit the gym tonight or finish our project instead...
Old 05-04-2005, 06:31 PM   #18  
Bye bye baby weight!!

S/C/G: 242/233/150

Height: 5'5"

I started counting calories and exercising like a mad woman about 2 weeks ago and 15 pounds fell off. I'm sure it was water weight and a nice way for my body to say "thank you" for finally picking myself up and doing this. For a while now I have been driving myself crazy because there was nothing in this life that I really felt passionately about (besides my husband of course). Then it hit me like a ton of bricks...I will be my new passion!! I am bound and determined to get back to the weight I was 10 years ago!! I am not giving up and I am not going to beat myself up if I slip every now & then. Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself and hopefully find a buddy.
Old 05-04-2005, 07:30 PM   #19  
Just starting out!

What a great way to look at it... YOU are your passion! With an attitude like that you CAN'T go wrong!!

I know a lot of people really struggle with "I don't have the time"... I just keep trying to tell myself to MAKE the time. I schedule it with my honey, I write it down in my dayplanner, and I work my day around it. No, interested buyers CAN'T come look at the bunk bed I'm trying to get rid of at 5, sorry, I WILL BE AT THE GYM. You can come after 7!!

I like having the coolest new gadgets and toys and right now, I'm dying for a couple Nalgene bottles in cute, must-take-it-with-me colors. So I think I'm going to make that my first reward! When I lose ten pounds I will place my Nalgene order!
Old 05-04-2005, 11:33 PM   #20  

ok so i'm a few days behind, but i so want to join this thread. i'm 22 and so far i've lost 27 pounds, but i still want to loose more. so far my dieting and exercising has been going so great, but i have a feeling i'm about to hit a plateau just because it's been fairly easy up to this point and i think i've about hit my max in easy weightloss. so i think encouraging others and being encouraged myself would be a good thing. i'm also about to graduate college and let me tell you stressful finals week and i so want some chocolate!!! i'm also probably moving from tn to wi soon and i'm hoping that won't throw me off too badly.
anyways i look forward to chatting with all you girls!
Old 05-05-2005, 12:00 PM   #21  
Just starting out!

Way to go, kitten--you've got just 15 pounds left to lose! But you're right, I hear those can be the most stubborn, so you're smart finding a support group BEFORE you get discouraged.

I told Kyle about my mini-goal and he said that when I lose ten pounds, HE'LL pay for my Nalgenes!!
Old 05-05-2005, 01:41 PM   #22  

Amen Kitten! I'm in the middle of my finals this week with graduation on Sunday and I'm running on caffeine, no sleep, and a desire to eat all the M&M's they have at the library. AND its that time of the month. When it rains it pours! Needless to say I've been slacking the past two days and haven't made time for myself with all the studying; but I did get to the gym once, so that's been keeping me from feeling totally out of it. I'm going the Cancun as a graduation trip next week so hopefully I can use that to detox a little First time in a bathing suit since losing weight last summer so that should be somewhat of an incentive, dont you think?

Congrats on doing so well for the rest of you! I LOVE the nalgene goal gypzye, that's a great reward. I need to figure out what mine will be. No desserts Tiffany, you're a champ. Talk to you all soon!
Old 05-05-2005, 02:23 PM   #23  
Bye bye baby weight!!

I have a couple of questions for you girls. How concerned should I be about sodium? I love pickles and they are only 5 calories but they are loaded with sodium!! Also, should I ever be worried that I worked out too much in one day? I don't want my body to go into "starvation mode" because I think I burned much more than I consumed yesterday. I had a spin class, went to work, came home and swam 50 laps in my pool, went on 45 min. bike ride around the city and then came home and lifted weights. I don't want to sabbotage my weightloss because I'm doing too much. Should I worry or cut back or what? Any suggestions would be appreciated!!
Old 05-05-2005, 05:31 PM   #24  
Just starting out!

Well, leanne, knowing your average menu (as per your other thread), I would worry about too few calories in and too many out. Crazy as that sounds, right?!?

I think it's better if you make small-to-medium changes gradually rather than one huge, drastic change all at once. If it was MY body, it would already be in shock!!

How long have you been keeping up this regime? If it's been more than a couple weeks, you feel great and you're still losing weight, then totally ignore everything I've said. But if you're getting sick, feel fatigued, overwork your muscles regularly, or your weight isn't budging, then you should definitely make some changes. What you want to change is totally up to you!
Old 05-05-2005, 05:54 PM   #25  
Bye bye baby weight!!

Thanks for the advice. I actually feel really great! I'm not going to get on a scale until the end of May. So I guess I'll see if it works when I weigh myself. I know that I'm losing something because of the way my clothes are fitting and for now that's enough for me! I really hope I'm not hurting myself but because I still feel really good, I'm not going to worry to much. Thanks again!!
Old 05-06-2005, 08:29 PM   #26  
t1iffany

well ladies wish me luck I'm goingto a b-day party and I'm going to have to turn down birthday cake ahhhhhh.. well i think I can do it but still wish me luck lol. I haven't missed a day of working out all week yet. I did two tae bo tapes this morning that was almost 2 hours. between tae bo and the gym I'm starting to get some pretty nice muscles when I flex. I feel so good since I stopped eatting crap and have been working out. I just wish the weight would come off as fast and easy as it went on. well good luck everyone and good bye to being fat and unhealthy
Old 05-06-2005, 11:06 PM   #27  

i'm so sad because usually i workout at the fitness center at my college, but since spring semester is over it will be a whole month until they start fitness classes again. the classes have really kept me motivated. i guess i'll have to motivate myself! i did buy the denise austin personal trainer video. it's pretty neat you can totally customize your workout. hopefully that and self motivation can keep me going through may!!!
tomorrow i'm spending all day long at graduation parties! ah! you know there's not going to be any healthy food around. so i think i'll hit smoothie king before i go to any of them. of course that won't help me say no to alcohol, but oh well!
thank goodness finals are over!!!

t1iffany: good luck on saying no to cake! i love cake!
Old 05-07-2005, 12:58 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 235/see ticker/175

Height: 5'9

Default Hello all

Hi!
How is everybody doing? Im up for the July challenge! my scale hasnt moved for a few weeks, and lately Ive been really busy, so some buddies to keep me on track would be great! We just moved (again) and I m still trying to unpack my kitchen, paint the bedroom and chase arond my 2 year old
I will try and post on the journal part too, I use the net at my friends so i might not get here every day but Ill try....
Good Luck to you all
and Keep up the hard work!
PS my msn & yahoo.mess. are in my profile
Old 05-07-2005, 02:16 AM   #29  
t1iffany

i didn't have any cake.... but i did have a cheeseburger and a hotdog (i should've had just one) oh well going to the gym in the morning. Well I hope everyone has a great weekend
Old 05-07-2005, 05:25 PM   #30  
Just starting out!

Well at least you didn't have the cake!!

I'm going to the gym today to work out with a trainer again.... aaaaargh, I'm still SO sore from my other workouts this week!! I seriously think I lost all my muscles when I switched to a sedentary job. Like I think I did maybe 20 lunges and my legs were shaking and sore. That's so lame. I used to be fairly muscled, so it totally weirds me out that I barely even support my own body weight anymore.

Oh well, I'll just keep pushing at the gym and once I'm back to where I was then it'll be easier to just maintain!
Closed Thread