Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2005, 05:37 PM   #1  

Default Need some WW buddies

Hello! I am getting to restart WW again tomorrow (Monday the 9th)! I just had a miscarriage and really need to focus my attention else where right now. I have done WW several times and each time I don't stay focused long enough I need someone or keep me focused and share journals and recipes and ideas with.

Hope to hear from you soon!!!!!!!!!!!!

Michelle
Old 05-08-2005, 07:34 PM   #2  

Default i hear you!

Hi! I am sorry for your loss.
I have done WW many times but never keep the focus. It really works if you do it. I lost weight last year but it's all back. I need a buddy so bad! I have a ton of recipes and love to cook.
I am 34 (in 2 weeks) and have 3 children. I am wanting to lose 55 pounds. Let me know if you would like to join up!
Old 05-08-2005, 10:18 PM   #3  
Ready to loose!

hi sassycat,
i am also starting ww tomorrow. i have all the point info but never officially joined. i plan on attending my first meeting this wed evening. i want to loose 30 pounds or so and have a cruise in october, my 29th bday in sept, and i want to be healthy and feel better for many things, including my 30th next year. i'd love to be able to encourage one another in this as we both start. let me know if you're interested. i'm in southern ca, where are you?

Last edited by brockovich; 05-08-2005 at 10:25 PM.
Old 05-09-2005, 06:11 AM   #4  
I can and I will do it!

I would love to join. I am starting tomorrow first time. I have heard so many good things about WW, I have tried low carb and did fair on it but sick of the food.

I am excited so let's all travel this weight loss journey together!!

BTW I am not pregnant....I have 3 grandsons and my first grandaughter is due in June.

Diane
Old 05-09-2005, 10:19 AM   #5  

I started last Monday - WW at Home. Still looking for some buddies.
Old 05-09-2005, 02:04 PM   #6  

Well, this newly formed group looks like a good fit for me. I "rejoined" WW last month for the “umpteenth” time. I had good results for the first two weeks then allowed some personal interferences with my senior (90-yr young) mother and 3 granddaughters (2.5, 10 mo, & 5 mo.) interrupt my focus. Yet another good excuse. Talk about the sandwich generation!

Needless to say, I am not pregnant but Michelle while I was in my childbearing years I had 3 miscarriages and certainly understand your pain. The pain does lessen but you never forget.

I am 51 and would love to turn my dislike of this age into a passion for life! I want to dress stylishly, play youthfully with my grandbabies, and maybe add a little spark back into my 33 year old marriage. I have about 60 lbs I want to lose and and I need to put some emphasis on exercise and drinking water. I live in the mid-west.

My weekly meeting is on Sat. mornings so I will spend this week regrouping.

I’m all for us formalizing this group. Any ideas? I’m not new to message boards and have been a member of this one for several years but have never been active.
Old 05-09-2005, 03:48 PM   #7  

I'm new to this message board and still trying to learn how to get around. I think this sounds good.

I'm from the Mid-West also. 45, married (26 yrs.) with two children; son 23 & daughter 19. I have at least 35 more pounds to loose. I'm kinda like you pbaus. I would also like to dress more stylish and have energy to do things with my daughter (no grandkids yet).
Old 05-09-2005, 04:41 PM   #8  

I would love to join an at home group. I just need some support.
Hey Roxymom I live in Kansas too. NE Kansas.
My 3 year old asked me why I wasn't skinnier and said she would like it better if I were. How is thaat for motivation. now I just need staying power.
Old 05-09-2005, 08:11 PM   #9  

Default Wow and Hello

Hello all I am Wow'ed at how many responses I got when I made that shout out for some buddies! Just awesome!!!!

I guess a little bit more about myself and what I am looking for in our group. I am 37 yrs old, married 18 1/2 years to the most understanding guy in the world!!!!! We do have a 17 1/2 year old son who is the light of our life for sure!!!!!! Unfortunately I am not a stay at home mom anymore, I am a routing coordinator for a carpet padding manufacturer. I want to lose at 59 lbs and for some of the same reason I saw I want to dress stylish and not frumpy anymore!!!!!!! I want to be able to do things and get out of breath or tired. Just get healthy so that if and when I do get pregnant again I have 1/2 a better chance at carrying.

I would like to swap journals and recipes on a daily basis I normally get on after work each day. So if you are with me let's get going and think of a name for the group!

BTW I did pretty good today, had to get some point friendly food tongiht at the grocery store but didn't to bad compared to what I am used to eating.

Michelle
Old 05-09-2005, 08:12 PM   #10  

Default Whoooops

Forgot to mention that I am doing the WW online, the meetings are to early in the evening for me here.

Michelle
Old 05-10-2005, 05:59 AM   #11  
I can and I will do it!

Thumbs up Good Morning

I will be most likely the early bird of the bunch here as I always wake up around 4 am.

Here is a little about myself: I am a 53 yr. old chubby lady that needs to lose about 25 or so lbs. I have been married 36 yrs. the 7th. of June and have two children Cari 35 and Glen 33. I have three grandsons 15, 10 and 3. I quit work 3 yrs. ago to keep my daughters baby whose name is Bradley, the sunshine of my life. He is now 3 yrs. old and she is expecting a baby in June which is a little girl. As of this moment I plan on keeping them both until the first of the year then I am planning on going back to work, time for me to get out again and be with adults. My weight loss struggle began in 2000 after the death of my sister. I quit smoking at the same time since she died of lung cancer, so the weight just piled on and I have been fighting it ever since. I am a binge eater sometimes so this is going to be very difficult for me. I have been a member of Curve's for 2 yrs. but am cancelling my membership today just don't feel like I need to pay for both WW and Curve's. I love Curve's and it is a great program but I feel I have reached my max there so I have taken up walking trying to go daily. I didn't mean to write a novel about myself.

Tonight is the night I attend my first meeting and I am looking so forward to it just hope I will stick with it and follow the program.

Looking forward to getting to know you all better.

Hugs, Diane
Old 05-10-2005, 09:26 AM   #12  

Good Morning everyone! I had a terrible day yesterday. All the monthly cravings. Today is going to be better! I started off with a bowl of Special K cereal. The new vanilla almond flavor. Not bad. Also had some V-8. For lunch I packed a Healthy Choice French Bread pizza and applesauce. I also plan on walking during lunch.

Hope all of you have a great day!

Kathy
Old 05-10-2005, 09:28 AM   #13  

Good morning all! Sounds like we are a diversified group and yet have many similarities. Particularly, the weight loss determination and the drive to get healthy for whatever reason.

A little bit more about myself, I am from St. Louis, married for 33-yrs., two grown married boys and three beautiful granddaughters to round out our life. Since 1991, I have owned my own business (computer software training), and am fortunate that my business is home-based. I am spending less time in the classroom and more time working the business behind the scenes and hoping this route will take me through to retirement in a few years. I “officially” baby-sit the grandbabies on Mon. and Fri. and sometimes in between. What a handful they are and I am usually dragging by the end of the day but what a joy they are and I LOVE being actively involved in their lives.

Michelle, I am not very creative when it comes to naming our group but I do think something positive reflected in the name is important. I have not browsed the 3FCs board enough to see what is currently in use or if something might trigger a thought. How structured do you want to get? Something I found helpful on another board was to have one thread that is strictly a bio thread and the bio link always included in each new thread. The bio thread grows as people join our group and then you have a single source for people specific information. Are you thinking a weekly thread or improvise until we see activity level? I think it is important that we be sensitive to people still using a dialup for accessing the internet. Some threads get so bulky and slow for dialup folks that it gets discouraging and they drop from the group for that reason alone.

One of my “many” downfalls is journaling, which I hope to rise above this go around. In addition, water intake and exercise are two other areas I want to focus on. I am ALWAYS interested in easy nutritional friendly recipes.

Well, I have managed to write a book so will end for now but I am very excited to see this group take off!

Paula
Old 05-10-2005, 06:00 PM   #14  

Default Good evening!

Evening ladies! It is so beautiful here in Pennsylvania today can't complain a bit I believe we might have hit 80 this afternoon!

Paula yes I know what you mean about the dial up and how often do I want to be around unfortunately I need DAILY support!!!! That don't mean that you have to post everyday if you can't and don't have time. I really want to start posting our journals and exchanging recipes. So don't feel you have to post daily if you can't but I will probably be here everyday!!!! As for a name how about Summer Skinnies or something like that not very creative here myself.

Diane I am assuming that is your grandson in the picture with you he is adorable!!!! I once belonged to Curves and yes you max out there after awhile 3 times around over and over and no switching the routine gets boring and your body gets used to it. Walking in my book is a much better source of exercise.

Kathy good start today keep up the good work. Did you manage to get that walk in at lunch? I did we have a beautiful park right by where I work and we walked fairly briskly for 40 minutes. Phew was I tired not used it!!!

Ok have a casserole in the oven for dinner a new recipe if it turns out I will post it also I will post my journal here later on tonight.

Michelle
Old 05-10-2005, 08:55 PM   #15  

Default Second Evening Post

We should probably move to the WW boards somewhere but don't have time tonight to check it out wanted to be the 1st to post their journal for today. Had a really great day today so here it is. I used 1 of my activity points today.

POINTS® Tracker entries

Tuesday, May 10, 2005Morning

smart ones muffin 4
Subtotal 4

Midday
2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese 1.5
3 Tbsp Hidden Valley Light Original Ranch Dressing With Sour Cream 3.5
1/2 cup fat-free packaged croutons 2
BIG SALAD 0
Subtotal 7

Evening
Beef & Hash Brown Casserole 8