Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2005, 10:07 PM   #16  

Wow Michelle! Your journal is very impressive as well as motivating which is what this support group is all about. How was your casserole? Is your recipe worth sharing?

I browsed the various boards earlier today and think either WW General or Support Groups might be a good place to land and call home. Suggestion list for a Group name:

Summer Skinnies (I haven’t been skinny since 1983 when I weighed 113 and doubt that I ever will be again but can at least dream)
Determinators (doesn’t sound very feminine but does sound strong)
Wannabees (sounds wishy washy)
????
We need some contributors here and then take a vote!!!

What if we have a weekly thread and in the subject line include the Group Name followed by Week 1, 2, 3, etc. that way we have an automatic counter for the number of weeks we have committed. One of us early birds could start a new thread every Monday morning including a link to the previous week’s thread.

Diane what a cutie your grandson is and how exciting about the upcoming granddaughter. What an exciting time this must be for you! I too am usually an early riser but not quite as early as you. How did your first meeting go? Are you psyched and ready to go?

Kathy did you have a better day today than yesterday? Did you get your walk in a noon?

Must start wrapping some things up. I have procrastinated long enough on some paperwork that I must get done yet this evening. Looking forward to our getting better acquainted!

Paula
Old 05-11-2005, 08:23 AM   #17  

Morning! Up and at it early and I wanted to check my new signature line to see if it worked.

Added a couple more Group Names for consideration:

Summer Skinnies (I haven’t been skinny since 1983 when I weighed 113 and doubt that I ever will be again but can at least dream)
Determinators (doesn’t sound very feminine but does sound strong)
Wannabees (sounds wishy washy)
Big Losers
Back-to-Basics

Paula
Old 05-11-2005, 09:53 AM   #18  

Mornin!

I had a much better day yesterday! Did get a 30 minute walk in at lunch. My walking partner is back at work today so we will do it again. I started today with a bowl of oatmeal. Need to run some errands at work so thought I would pick up a salad at Wendys for lunch. DH and I have to bowl tonight. Our team got 1st place, which was a big surprise, we aren't very good! So tonight there is a mini tournament for all 1st and 2nd place winners. I'm not sure about dinner. It maybe sandwiches with Baked Lays.

I like the ideas for a name. Think I like Back-to-Basics best so far.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Kathy
Old 05-11-2005, 10:02 AM   #19  

Default Summer is coming

I am going to welcome summer with a new body. I have the things for weight watchers but found that it was getting expensive just to weigh in. I have a gym membership that I took with my bf but he is too busy to go. So this week I'm getting back on track and it will be my first week since I re-joined that I'm going to the gym 2x in the same week. I need a buddy to share her weight loss as we progress together. And give me a nudge when I don't feel like going to the gym!

Last edited by GettingBackOnTrack; 05-11-2005 at 10:06 AM.
Old 05-11-2005, 10:17 AM   #20  

Default Mornin

For what is worth I'm a new member but I like BAck to BAsics as well
Old 05-11-2005, 05:44 PM   #21  

Default Evening!

Evening gals!

Welcome GettingBack! We are definitely going to be a determined group so you have come to the right place!!!!!

I like the Back to Basics myself I think it will fit us just fine and how about on the on the WW General board? And yes I like the idea of the Week 1, 2, 3 etc etc!!!!!!!

The casserole last night I liked it but no one else did so it isn't something I would pass along since the majority rules!!!!! Tonight we are having lightened chicken parm, it is in the oven now!!!!!

It was beautiful again here today we probably hit around 90 just beautiful!!!! Now it looks as if it could storm maybe but still 85 out!!!! Love it just love it. Didn't get my walk in yet if it starts to rain I will do my WATP 2 mile DVD.

Paula love the new signature I think they are so cool!!!!

Kathy it sounds like you are doing awesome keep up the great work and post away the journals girls

Michelle
Old 05-11-2005, 06:34 PM   #22  

Default here we go

Well I have been reading along and am ready to join in. I am 34 and live in NE Kansas. I have been married 14 years and have 3 children, 10, 8, 4 (almost). I have tried WW in the past and done well until I fell of the WW Wagon each time. Last Spring I was 18 lbs lighter. It's BACK!!!!!
I am a cookbook adict. I have most of the WW cookbooks and cook from them often. I tend to tweak the herbs and spices. I hope you alllove to share recipes!!!
I have enjoyed reading all of your posts.
Going to Applebeees for supper. Wish me luck. I am looking up items on DWLZ before I go.
Old 05-11-2005, 06:37 PM   #23  

Can I join in too? I've been doing WW for the 2nd time now going on 5 weeks. I've lost 7.4 lbs to date and am more motivated than ever.

I'm still feeling my way around this forum so I don't have all the cute pictures and weight scales but here's a little about me.

I'm a 40 year old (41 in June) mother of 3 (22, 18 and 13) who has not seen 130 lbs. in 22 years! I started WW at 157 lbs. and would love to get back to 130. While it's not a lot of weight to drop it sits in all the wrong places on me (chest and mid-section). I recently had to start taking Lipitor for cholesterol and hate that but I'm getting used to it. I work as a Tax Accountant at a private University and sit behind a desk all day. My goal is to start walking at lunch.

My best weeks are when I fill out my tracker and actually take note of my points.

I like Back to Basics too.

Last edited by momasita; 05-11-2005 at 06:38 PM. Reason: grammar error
Old 05-11-2005, 08:29 PM   #24  

Default 2nd evening post

Welcome aboard Mom! I will start a new post over on the WW General board and it will be I think the Back to Basics has it!

I too sit behind a desk Mom most of the day and that makes it tough not to mention my partner in crime that I work with has a Mom that bakes the best stuff on earth and she always brings it in to share.....AGH!!!! Gotta love her though!

Ok over to the WW General board here is the link to get you there
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...471#post843471

Michelle
Old 05-13-2005, 08:38 PM   #25  
Ginger

hello, i too am startin WW again. I lost 5 lbs this week. Im excersing like crazy. My goal is to be in a bikini this by september.. Good Luck Yall....!!!!!

Closed Thread