Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2005, 04:54 PM   #1  

Smile Anyone in Ohio?

Looking for an online buddy in Ohio to compare notes and progress with once in a while.
Old 03-07-2005, 04:03 AM   #2  

Close, I am hoping to move to Indianapolis for graduate school.

If I can help, please let me know!

Hugs and good luck
Old 03-07-2005, 03:29 PM   #3  
One day at a time!

Height: 5'4"

Default Hi Katem24

I am in Buckeye land, Ohio that is! Actually I live in New Carlisle, outside of Dayton. Where are you located?

I just read your profile--and had to laugh about your comment about having a desk job and "your butt taking the form of the chair"--or something like that. I hear ya! I have one of those jobs myself. And I often blame my job for keeping me down. But certainly that can't be my only problem--and I know it isn't!

I have two daughters--age 10 and 11--that keep me hopping as well. I also have a crazy Italian husband who likes to cook on occassion--and that has added to my waistline. Thankfully, he is supportive of me trying to lose weight--so hopefully we can modify some of those fattening meals he likes to cook!

I have been dealing with weight issues for as long as I can remember, but they got much worse after I had my two daughters. But I can't use the baby fat excuse any longer! So now I have redicated myself to getting fit. It's not going to be easy, but I know that I CAN do it!

How are you doing? Are you following any kind of plan? I am choosing to eat healthy choices and eating every few hours to keep my sugar levels in my blood stable. That is something I have read in a recent magazine that is supposed to be a good thing. (I am always reading magazines and looking for new tips!) So far I like the approach, because I don't feel starved at any point in the day--which has always been a problem for me and caused me to eat the wrong choices.

Looking forward to chatting more...
Old 03-07-2005, 05:01 PM   #4  
cando

Talking

Hey Ohio here too. I am new and just starting out so I can use all the help I can get. I am 53 married for 33 years and have 2 grown daughters and 4 granddaughters. Let me know if you want to keep in touch.
Old 03-08-2005, 03:24 PM   #5  
One day at a time!

Hi micelady,

How is everything going? Are you using any particular plan?

Please feel free to stay in touch--I need all the shoulders to lean on while I proceed in this healthy journey in life!
Old 03-09-2005, 11:14 PM   #6  
cando

Red face Ohio

Hi Karen
Not doing good at all. I can't seem to get started. Tomorrow is another day and I am again going to try and get motivated. I am so ready for the spring to get here so I can go out and get walking again. I love to work in my gardens and swim so warm weather where are you.
Keep in touch and give me a push to start me going.

HUGS
Buddy
Old 03-15-2005, 11:53 AM   #7  
cando

Thumbs up lost firs pound

Hi Karen

Well I did it I have lost that first pound so I am on my way. No I am not using any certain plan just doing what I have known all along but never practiced, cut the calories and exercise. I am cutting the calories but eating less at meals and very little snacking. As for exercise I am slow there yet but as soon as spring gets here I will be back walking. I can hardly wait for spring and being able to get out again to walk and work in my gardens.
How are you doing? I hope good is not here is a push to get started again. (push). I am in Toledo where are you in Ohio.
Let me know how things are going and stay in touch.

HUGS
Bonnie
Old 03-15-2005, 01:44 PM   #8  
One day at a time!

Hi Bonnie!

Good for you, you are on your way with your pound loss! You know you are doing something right! That must make you feel good!

I am doing pretty good...I have been going to my local YMCA and doing water aerobics twice a week. Once I got past putting on that swimsuit and jumping in the pool--nothing could stop me! It actually is such a wonderful form of exercise where I don't constantly look at the clock and think about how long I have been in moving. I guess it's for me! I also like to take walks when it is warmer outside. I live in a town called New Carlisle outside of Dayton, Ohio. Today the weather is actually warming up a bit. Almost time to plant some flowers! What kinds of flowers do you like to plant?

I feel really motivated right now and in control. I know I will have my down days, but it always feels good when you feel like you CAN really do it!

Keep posting!
Old 03-16-2005, 02:08 PM   #9  

I live in Ohio, in Kent.

It sure would be easier to do what you know is right in terms of exercise if it weren't so darn cold here! I am so ready for spring. It feels like a long time coming this year!
Old 03-16-2005, 02:35 PM   #10  
One day at a time!

Hi fellow buckeye! I am so ready for spring as well! I just went nuts and bought 3 pairs of sandals from HSN. I guess I am just wanting it to be warm so bad--can't wait to try out the new shoes!

Cheers!
Closed Thread