Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-11-2005, 12:39 AM   #1  

Default Oh, the saddness. Need buddy, please.

I'm out.

Last edited by poftheu; 02-26-2015 at 04:45 PM. Reason: Online Stalker
poftheu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 09:12 AM   #2  

Are you weighing every day or even more than once a day? If so, that could be the cause of your 2 lb flux. I've been told that it is normal for your body to shift weight by about that much throuout the day and that is the reason most programs suggest you weigh only once a week. It is the best way to get an accurate count of pounds lost.

Also, you may want to speak with your doctor about the number of calories you are consuming. 1200-1300 seems low to me at your weight, especially if you are doing TaeBo 6 times a week. I think the most common formula for determining calorie need is your weight x 13. This will give you a rough estimate of the calories you need to support basic body functions. A good goal is to reduce that number of calories by 500 and burn an additional 500 through exercise. This should result in about a 2 lb per week weight loss. Even if you reduced your calorie intake by 1000 to lose 2 lbs a week, you would still be in the 1500-1600 calorie range. Also consider that if your calorie intake is too low, your body will actually go into starvation mode and hold onto the fat it is carrying thus making it difficult to burn the extra fat.

Again, I would check with my doctor because your lifestyle and BMI can also be considered to determine the most accurate caloric need for you, but this formula has always worked for me. I began at a weight of 204 and am down to 182.

If it makes you feel better, I am in the same boat as you. I also miss the days that I was only 125 pounds. You know what makes me ill? I was in college at the time and thought I was FAT! Oh, how I wish I would have appreciated what I had when I had it. I guess hindsight really is 20/20.
lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 09:48 AM   #3  
Giving it a try (again)

You might want to double check your calorie intake because I DOES seem a little bit low. But not by much actually. I usually get about 1250 a day and some times a bit extra because I run farily long distances (7-13K depending on the day) about 5 times a week.

I do an 'official' weigh in every week on the same day and same time. In addition I do an unofficial weigh in every morning at 9.00 when I get to work. If I weigh myself again in the evening, I am ALWAYS 1-2 lbs more than in the morning. So that is why I stick to mornings. Just stick with it, experiment with the scale and with the calorie intake and you will figure out what is right for you. As I am sure you know, a reasonable goal is to lose 2 lbs a week. If you aren't losing then you should probably tinker with your weight loss plan a bit to make it work better for you. Don't quit though, and remember that it will take a while to get it down pat.
fannie~annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 09:49 AM   #4  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Also consider that as you exercise, you are building muscle, which is heavier than fat. So you may have a small increase in weight for the first few weeks of exercise.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 09:51 AM   #5  
Giving it a try (again)

Default Oh and by the way...

I would be happy do be your buddy. I have been checking out this web site for quite a while now and I have never really 'signed-up' for a buddy. But you send me a pm... I would love to have a regular check in... and mini goals... we could motivate eachother. It sounds like we are on similar programs so it could be fun! I have lost about 14 lbs so it DOES work. But it sure takes a lot of patience (which I generally don't have)!
Old 01-11-2005, 09:12 PM   #6  

Nope

Last edited by poftheu; 02-26-2015 at 04:47 PM. Reason: Online stalker
poftheu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 08:22 AM   #7  
Giving it a try (again)

What kind of scale are you using? That could be a source of you woes... is it a fairly good one?
Old 01-12-2005, 09:01 AM   #8  
singletrack chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by almostheaven
Also consider that as you exercise, you are building muscle, which is heavier than fat. So you may have a small increase in weight for the first few weeks of exercise.

this a major point that a lot of people forget. i could tell by looking in the mirror that i was getting smaller when i started strength training, and i was fitting into clothes that i couldn'y before but i actually gained a couple of pounds. quite frustraiting until i started noticing definition in my abs. then the weight thing didnt really matter anymore.

cardio 6 days a week. sounds like to me you should up your calorie intake just a little. try it out at 1500 and see if you don't start seeing results faster.
laura_on_a_bike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 11:29 AM   #9  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by laura_on_a_bike
i was fitting into clothes that i couldn'y before but i actually gained a couple of pounds.
Only a couple? Yikes! I put on 5 pounds in the first 3 weeks. LOL But then it started dropping off just as rapidly, if not even faster.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote