Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2005, 05:57 PM   #1  

Default I NEED a buddy!

I am about 30-35 pounds from my goal and I am running low on determination after the holidays. I need some support and encouragement. I have been at the same weight for about a year and desperatly want off the plateau. I do so much better when I have to be accountable for what I am putting into my mouth and what exercise I am or am not doing. I am blessed with a husband who can eat anything and everything and not gain an ounce so try as he might he just doesn't fully understand my plight. If anyone is interseted in being my "buddy" I know I could sure use the help and support.
Old 01-02-2005, 06:12 PM   #2  

Hi...You sound so much like me!!! I feel that I cannot do this on my own. I need someone who can understand my weaknesses. My husband also can eat as he pleases and does not understand how food can be such a problem. I think it would be great to have a buddy so we could support each other.
Old 01-02-2005, 07:50 PM   #3  

Smile Yipee!

Thank you, Thank you! I knew someone out there would be able to help me. I am using the WW core plan and I love it, when I am able to stick to it! My goals are to be at goal by Christmas and exercise 4-5 times a week. I am really bad at exercising. I look forward to talking with you more,a nd thank you again.
Old 01-03-2005, 11:13 PM   #4  
Stuckat190

Wow i thought i was the only one that had a hubby that could eat and eat and even eat some more go take a dump and eat some more and not gain a pound. Me on the other hand jut has to watch him eat and i have gained 5 pounds. I too am looking for a buddy to help me get back into shape and to get to my goal and to go after my dreams of becoming a police officer. I'm currently around 65 pounds over weight but i want to go down to 110 so i need to lose 80 pounds. I two am a sahm with two girls ages 6 and 2 and since having them i haven't been able to lose. I was on the atkins diet last year and found it so boring eating the same thing day in day out. I don't mind eggs or meat so that wasn't the problem. I did lose 15 pounds and have not gained it back THANK GOD i would like to become your buddy if you want, or if two is to many then i can go searching for another that has the same interest as i do.

Send me a reply if your interested .

Angie
Old 01-04-2005, 10:27 AM   #5  
singletrack chick

alright ladies. i have to join in as well. i want to lose about 20 pounds. I've been at this weight for about a year. my husband can eat what he wants fat-wise but is limited in other ways do to an intestinal disorder.

while he is trying to understand what i'm going through, he doesn't quite get it because he will never have weight issues. he was very supportive through the first 65 pounds because i needed to lose weight but now he thinks i'm perfect and doesn't understand the goals i am trying to reach.

i am ready to do this now. i haven't been this determined since i started trying to lose weight about 2 years ago.
i have started keeping my food journal again and am trying to eat 15-1800 cal. a day. i have also started running and strength training again. we'll see how it goes.

so i will wish everyone good luck and be checking back into this thread regularly
Old 01-04-2005, 11:41 AM   #6  

We can do this! I am so glad to have found others who have the same stiuation. I love my hubby but man does he EAT! I had a good day yesterday and went to bed feeling good about my day for the first time in awhile. Today is off to a great start for me as well.
Old 01-05-2005, 09:17 AM   #7  
singletrack chick

i had a good day as well yesterday. ate a little more than i had intended but nothing too extreme. turned down an offer by my husband to make a late night snack. i opted for some hot tea instead. some nights i have a really hard time turning snacks down. got in an hour of cardio yesterday. don't want to go to work today though. haha. hope everyone has a lovely day.
Closed Thread