Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2003, 09:22 PM   #1  

Post I need a buddy!

Hello. My name is Jennifer but most people call me Scooter I am 23 and I am tired of weighing 330lb...I just rejoined the gym. Which I at first was embarrassed because I quit but I am getting back into it. And I don't care that I am the fat chick in the place.

My current goal is to be under 300lb. I would love a buddy to help me with this goal. I would love to have a buddy who has MSN Messenger but I am not picky. I hope yall can help. Sorry bout the "yall" I am from Kentucky.

Scooter
Old 06-24-2003, 09:48 PM   #2  

Hi Scooter! I am ready to start dieting again. I have started and stopped more than I care to think about. I hope we can be diet buddies.
Old 06-24-2003, 09:57 PM   #3  

Hi Scooter,

You've come to the right place to find the best motivation and inspiration. There are lots of wonderful people here, all striving for the same goals. Healthier lives. There are many forums to post. Just jump in and make yourself at home! Hope to hear more from you soon.

Kevin
Old 06-24-2003, 10:24 PM   #4  
61.25 POUNDS GONE!!!!

S/C/G: 329/266.75/190

Height: 5'7"

Wow...I didn't think anybody would post this quick. Thank you guys!!!

I know what you are saying sunnygirl...It is a viscious cycle...I would just like to see my feet when I look down...
Old 06-25-2003, 10:28 PM   #5  

So How was today Scooter? I got up and walked, worked in the flower garden. I am aiming at being more active. What I can't get used to is sweating so much! lol It positively runs down my face! But that certainly helps me drink more water. I had a good day and I hope you did too. Let me know what diet you are following and how things are going. If you are in Kentucky, you probably have the same warm weather! I have been working outside early before it gets too hot. Have a great day tomorrow. I will look for your post. Or send me a private message.
Old 06-26-2003, 02:38 AM   #6  

Hi Scooter,
I saw your message on the boards and wanted to respond. I am new here also. I have MSN messenger, if you'd like to chat sometime. I'm in Pennsylvanis. My addy is [email protected]....I hope to hear from you soon *S*
Chrissy
Old 06-26-2003, 09:45 PM   #7  

Scooter and Christabelle:

Hope everyone had a great day?? Hot here. I have been cleaning house. I have really been concentrating on drinking lots of water. Rather than soft drinks.

I'll check back tomorrow. Hope you are doing well with your diets.
Old 06-26-2003, 10:55 PM   #8  
61.25 POUNDS GONE!!!!

Sorry I haven't back to yall. I have been working all day then babysitting at night...:S...but its worth the money. I have quit drinking coke and for right now I just watching my portions. I am trying to work my way into so I don't go into withdraws and abandon ****.

I'll add you to my list Christabelle. My address is [email protected]. I know its kinda long. One thing bad about diets is I live in Kentucky and we fry EVERYTHING. If you think I am kidding have you ever had a fried candy bar. And you didn't think candy bars could be worse for you.

My goal for this week is to not eat a Funnel cake at the county fair. Well hope yall are doing okay!
Old 06-27-2003, 10:12 PM   #9  

Angry

Today was an eye opener for me.

I had forgotten the price I pay for eating fatting foods after getting my body used to low fat fare. We went to Pizza Hut and I have spend the remainder of the day running to the restroom.

Scooter, I live in West Virginia and fried food is a way of life here in the Appalachians. It is hard to avoid. But fried candy bar I just heard of last summer. Never tried it.

If you have been following a low fat diet and been pretty faithful you may have an extra reason to avoid funnel cake at the fair. Our fair is in August. I kind of enjoy going to talk to everyone.

My hotmail address is not only long it is stupid. It is [email protected]. I use my AOL more often. But maybe we will be on at the same time and get to talk.

Sunny
Old 06-27-2003, 11:48 PM   #10  

Hi Scooter and Sunny,
I had a pretty good day today....I was afraid to check the scale today, but did anyway. I've lost 34 lbs since April. I'm pretty happy about that. I was planning on rewarding myself if I lost..with something....or anything!..that I've been avoiding. Damn if I didn't feel in the mood to eat anything off program. *L* I know I'm gonna be sorry about not eating something good when a craving comes along *L* I guess I can save my reward till July 4th. Hope you all have a good weekend *s*
chrissy
Old 06-28-2003, 04:11 AM   #11  
61.25 POUNDS GONE!!!!

Hey everyone. I had a pretty good day. I had jury duty all day but it wasn't that bad. The only bad part is they let us out for lunch at 2 and we had been there since 8. So I had to eat Hardee's.

I have been doing good about sticking to water. My brother and sister are in a demolition derby at the fair tomorrow. With working on the cars I haven't had a problem with snacks. Sorry this is short but I just got home and its 3 in the morning. :S...

I hope yall have a good weekend!!

Scooter
Old 06-28-2003, 07:14 AM   #12  

Good job Christabelle on the 34 pounds.

I have not lost anything yet. I am going at this more slowly this time. But still I am paying attention to what I eat and trying to
decrease the amounts. I was going to try sugar busters.....which sounds really good. But I can't be eating different things from the rest of the family.

Scooter, good luck to your brother and sister in the derby. I love demolition derbies. They are fun to watch.

Have fun at the fair. And good job about being faithful to drinking the water. I really think that is important. I went off the ww last summer. But, I kept drinking the water and I have not gained anything back.

Have a great day.
Old 06-29-2003, 01:53 AM   #13  
61.25 POUNDS GONE!!!!

Hey! The fair was great! And I didn't eat a funnel cake...boy was that hard. My brother couldn't get his car to start so he couldn't be in it. But my sister was able too. Her number was the Phantom 5. That is what my brother calls her kids. (yes she has 5 they are 10, 8, 4, 2, 1). She did really good! This was her first so she was kind of jittery. She got pushed over the poles so she could get back in.

Since I was able to avoid a funnel cake my biggest threat is the Fourth of July. But I think I will be able to contain myself. I hope yall are doing okay! You are right Sunny water makes all the difference. When I was going to the gym about a year ago. All I drank was water. I went to the gym three times a week and only controlled my portions. I lost about 20lb just doing that. I don't think people realize the value of water in a diet.

Scooter

SW: 335
CW: 330
GW: 175

My goal right now is to get under 300lb.
Old 06-29-2003, 07:04 PM   #14  

Glad to hear you did so well at the fair. (no funnel cake)

We had a relaxing Sunday afternoon. The weather is really very nice. It is hot, but not so humid.

I have been working in my flower gardens. They look better this year than they have. I think dieting might give me more energy.

Glad to hear Jury duty was not bad. I have never had to do that. Eating at Hardee's on a diet...they don't have much to offer the dieter do they? But I am sure that did not set you back too much.

You have a good goal. I need to get down to about 175 too. But at 220 if I can get below 200 I will be happy for now. I don't care if it comes off slow........just so it goes away.

I was a nice size 14 once upon a time....I don't need to be there but boy would I like to be under 200!
Old 06-30-2003, 10:29 PM   #15  
61.25 POUNDS GONE!!!!

I have really been doing good about my water!!...I jipe to start walking in the mornings before work. That will take some working up too...

I hope yall are doing okay!...Does anybody know what the point range is for being 330lb? I think it is about 28 but I can't remember.

Later guys!!

Scooter
Closed Thread