Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2005, 10:30 PM   #1  

Default Im new and already I know I need a buddy!

Hi! Im new and as soon as I saw the buddy up thread I knew I needed one! Ive had girls I know say they want to buddy up but they have proven to be the worst since they never stay committed and tell me its okay to cheat alll the time. Im so excited about this and I want a buddy who is interested in losing the weight not just talking about it once in a while. Thats why when i found this site I knew i should join. Im 22, and i want to lose 45lbs. Im only 4'11'', so any extra weight makes me look HUGE! I have dieted on and off for the past three years and its about time to get serious! Im a little nervous but excited! hopefully i havent scared a potential buddy off....
Old 08-30-2005, 11:12 PM   #2  
here I go again...

Default pick me!!

I'm not scared off at all!! I also have had buddies that have punked out on me and let me cheat!!! I'm on AIM all the time, if you want to keep in touch that way, and I love email (since I can't check this forum at work) I need to lose 45-50 pounds, I'm 24, and I need motivation and someone to keep me honest!!! Let me know if you're interested!!!

anb
Old 08-30-2005, 11:36 PM   #3  

Default How perfect is that?

Perfect perfect perfect! Im on aim constantly and email is great because i can pretty much check it anywhere! Im 22 an dhave 45-50lbs to lose too! Wow that was so much easier than i thought!
Old 08-31-2005, 11:57 AM   #4  
YourBumbleBeee

Default Oh oh! Pick me! Pick me!

I'm 22 and looking to lose about.. well.. about 70-ish lbs.. I'm honestly more worried about dropping clothing sizes. But I'm always looking for buddies -- especially to talk to thru email since I can't use AIM at work.. I already have a great self-confidence, but I know that there's plenty of room for improvement (isn't there always?!?!). Feel free (both of you!) to keep in contact... and let's do this right! I've already lost some weight since I started, so I'm soooo ready and excited to reach my goal. Now I'm just going to break it down into mini goals!

Last edited by yourbumblebeee; 08-31-2005 at 12:00 PM.
Old 08-31-2005, 10:06 PM   #5  

Smile So what now?

Okay so now there is at least the three of us (and anyone else who wants to join us...please do!) What do we do now? Do you want to use this thread to post or make a new one? Email aim or both? I really want to know what you two think (and anyone else who has some good ideas!) about the buddy system!
Old 09-01-2005, 12:22 PM   #6  

Hey Girls! As soon as I read the first post in this thread I KNEW it was the one I needed! I have been trying to lose weight off and on for the longest time (or at least that's how it feels!) and lately, for the past week or so, my motivation has taken a major nosedive....I think about what I eat and know it's not the best but then I eat it anyways (may not eat as much as I used to, but still I eat it). So if you girls are still interested I'd DEFINITELY love to be buddies with all of you! I'm on AIM ALL the time at work 9-5, then off & on at home after work....oh and on top of it I check my email all the time here at work and at home (online at home alot b/c I have 2 online classes this semester).

So a little bit of info about me, I'm 20 (21 soon-yay!) and looking to lose about 60 pounds. Seems like such a HUGE number but hopefully I can get it off. If I focus on 5 pounds a month then it could be off in a year which would be nice (September is mine & my boyfriends anniversary so it would be our 3 year then). Not sure what else to say, but sorry for rambling and hope to hear from you all soon!
Old 09-01-2005, 12:31 PM   #7  
MeoW

S/C/G: 275/215/160

Height: 5'7

Hey im 21 and i need to seriously lose some weight, im lookin for a buddy too. I want to lose about 70 pounds :S i find its really hard because all my friends are skinny and they dont quite get it and my boyfriend is no help lol,so if anyone wants to buddy with me just send me a message
Old 09-01-2005, 12:53 PM   #8  

Cool count me in :)

hey girls,

im 24 this year. and im tryin to lose weight as well. if im not, ill still be maintaining by eating right and exercising anyway.

i'll be a support if any of you need it. im quite consistent with my dieting/exercising efforts. im on yahoo messenger. boycotted aim a while back.

so yea count me in !

obsessed
Old 09-01-2005, 01:24 PM   #9  
MeoW

Red face

anyone use MSN messenger?
Old 09-01-2005, 01:43 PM   #10  

Hey cupcake & obsessed: I'm on here now, at work though so all I have is AIM and my email but if you 2 want to talk let me know!

Cupcake-I'm on MSN at home...but I can't download it at work
Old 09-01-2005, 01:49 PM   #11  
MeoW

work :S dont even say the word im not lookin forward to goin back there is always a staff room full of cake cookies and chips...no wonder im so big!!!!!!!!
Old 09-01-2005, 02:11 PM   #12  

ha yeah i work at an office where people are always brining in candy, cookies, cake, donuts etc...and on top of it it's a bunch of people who always want to get lunch from applebees, ruby tuesdays, outback, that kind of unhealthy junk!
Old 09-01-2005, 03:07 PM   #13  
MeoW

Im kinda lucky where we dont get a long enough lunch break to go out to eat but its just oh so tempting, when no one else is in the lunch room and theres a big box of squares on the table to dive in....ive done it a few times hehehe
Old 09-01-2005, 06:05 PM   #14  
here I go again...

Ugh, work food... we have lots of patients that bring in food, and then there's always someone who wants to go to lunch... I've been so stressed out lately that I'm always tired and hungry... bleigh. Been drinking too many sugary lattes to stay awake. Why am I so tired!!!???
Old 09-02-2005, 12:13 AM   #15  
MeoW

sugar rush maybe? crash and burn
Closed Thread