Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2004, 11:40 AM   #1  

Red face hi, new here and looking for friends

I'm Sarah from Iowa, 24, and in need of some support! I have been slightly overweight for as long as I can remember, but a few years ago I gained an additional 30 pounds. Since January I have lost almost all of that and am back to my "normal" weight, but I still really want to lose that too and feel thin and healthy for the first time in my life! My ultimate goal is 155, but I'd be happy with 160. Sounds high I know, but I am tall (5'10") and I think that is a reasonable expectation for myself.

I am trying to eat healthy foods, pay attention to calories and portion sizes, and drink only calorie-free beverages. I try to exercise every day (20 min. cardio and 10-20 min. strength).

I know it probably sounds like I have got it together but I really need some support! I can not seem to lose any more weight - like my body "likes" being this size or something. It is really frustrating. I'm trying not to get discouraged or angry at myself but that is hard also. For once in my life I want to go into a store and be able to buy clothes because I like them, not just because they are big enough to fit me.

Thanks for letting me vent! Hope to find some new friends here,

Sarah
207/172/155
Old 11-12-2004, 02:08 PM   #2  

Hey Sarah!

Welcome to 3fc. Sounds like your plan is great. I reckon 160lbs isn't a low goal at all at 5ft10. You're already in the right range of Body Mass Index for your height. I think maintaining for a bit is pretty normal. I am currently maintaining although that's my own fault as i'm not sticking to my calories and exercise at the mo.

Dill
Old 11-12-2004, 02:12 PM   #3  

Hi Sarah:

I am new here as well and I have posted but everytime i come back to see if anyone has responded, I cant find my post, so cant find if anyone has responded, so now I dont know what to do. lol

Lisa
Closed Thread