Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2004, 05:25 PM   #1  

Default New--looking for "check-in" partner

I am 55. Married 29 yrs. Two children. I am looking for someone who wants to do a daily or weekly check-in to keep me (us) on track and accountable for short-term and long-term goals. GW 145.

Last edited by Florafae; 11-02-2004 at 02:50 PM.
Old 10-28-2004, 06:23 PM   #2  

Hi Florafae,
I am 49, 50 tomorrow. Probably the last time I can say 49. Three children and a husband of 5 years. My second marriage, my first husband passed away. I have been on such a yoyo factor this past summer. I finally have myself at 202, I wanna hit onederland. I only weigh in once a week, usually on Mondays. I have really been good at the physical part of my plan, not too bad on the eating, a little slip today of a piece of fried chicken. So salad for supper tonite. Anyway I sure could use someone to
share the good and the bad and help to keep me on track. I am willing to do the same.
My short term is the 199 within the next 2 weeks. I will then make another short term goal. Hope to hear from you soon.
Old 10-28-2004, 08:04 PM   #3  

Hi Loon2,

Happy Birthday tomorrow! Fifty is a good age.

A once-a-week weigh in, and on-going support sounds great. I am brand new at this, and I'm uncertain how things work. Do we communicate through this forum, or through the "Private Messages" option, or by e-mail?

My short-term goal is to reach 214 by Thanksgiving. That's 2 lbs per week. I would like to reach 205 by Christmas. I am hoping I can make it through the upcoming Holiday season without too much backsliding.

I look forward to hearing from you.
Old 10-29-2004, 05:36 PM   #4  
RAR

HI! Ladies care if I join as I am also looking looking for someone to do a daily or weekly check in as I really need to be motivated right now so maybe we can be a help to each other I am the oldest 56 married for 38 years have 4 children one deceased 7 grandchildren just need someone to kick me in the butt!!!!!!!!!I really only need to loose 20 pounds but might as well be 100 as I cant get down to that 150 mark and stay there so hope to hear from you and Loone hope you had a happy 50 bithhday!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rita
Old 10-31-2004, 09:09 AM   #5  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

Hi Ladies ... would like to take a moment and invite you all to our small group in Clubs and Groups called "The Thin Group" ... at the moment there are just a few of us and we would welcome some new recruits ... we do a weekly chat thread every week and I have started a weekly weigh-in thread for November - I could use some participation in there! Please do come over and check us out and post .. you would be welcomed with open arms ... but, whatever you decide, i wish you much luck in your wt loss endeavers. Hope to see you over at The Thin Group ... CJ
Old 11-01-2004, 06:11 PM   #6  

Hi florafae and rar,
I will check out the thin group that cj talks about, otherwise we can just keep posting on this one. Some threads have so many people, and it's hard to keep track of them all. Well for now I'll just post here.
Well made it through the big 50. My daughter and her new husband were up this weekend, so was kept a little busy. My husband works out of town during the week doing road construction, he didn't make it home till Sat. night. He wanted to take me out for supper last night, but I just wanted to stay home nad be with him. So we did.
So are the two of you retired yet??? What did you do or are still doing. I was a bartender for 26 years, I now am in the kitchen as a manager and proffesional cook.
That's the hard part of dieting. A french fry here and an onion ring there or anything else. I have been very good lately about bringing in some raw veggies or air popped popcorn. If I have that out to grab then I don't grab the wrong stuff. So I will not make this too long. I didn't weigh in this morning so I will tomorrow. I don't think I lost this weekend but I don't think I gained either so that is good. I'll let you know on posting on thin group or just staying here. Talk at ya tomorrow.
Deb
Old 11-02-2004, 03:47 PM   #7  

Hello Loon and Rar,

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. While checking out the various Support Groups, I noticed the "Merry Christmas Challenge", and it really appealed to me. I've decided to join that group, and I'll hope you'll consider signing on, too. Everyone sets a goal of how much she wants to lose by Christmas, and there's a weigh-in once a week on Mondays.

I hope to see you there,
Flora
Old 11-02-2004, 03:54 PM   #8  
RAR

HI! Ladies hope your day is going well for you I woke up to a day as I work nights I wish I was retired but sad to sayfrown I still have to work probably till I am 99 I work as a aide at a hospital and a couple days a month in a nursing home then nnnwork for a few hours a day cleaning at a telephone company so that is why I havent been on for a couple of days worked 8 in a row and it really wiped me out I bet working around food is hardhere I go searching for it and you are making it will check the thin group out also but like you like a smaller one I do belong to senior buddies and it seems like it is getting smaller all the time well hope that we hear from Flora soon sorry that you didnt do any special thing for your birthday that is the way mine has been the last few years but I like it that way well have a great day
Closed Thread