Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2004, 08:28 PM   #1  

Unhappy HELP!! I'm new..

HI, I'm new to the forum.. I found this site searching the net for good weight loss advice.. I really feel like this time I'm feelin the weight.. lets see. I used to be 167, then I got pregnant had my beautiful lil girl and got up to 185 and i havent gone down.. and my lil girl is now fixing to turn 3. I never felt fat before, and instead of being told i was fat. iw as told i had curves.. I mean i never had a tummy but those love handles are killin me now.. Point is.. I'm not comfortable with my weight now.. and especially since I'm single and for the first time been told I wasnt someone type because of my weight.. I need to lose at leave 50lbs.. I know its a slow process but everytime I get into a diet it dont work or I dont get thru it.. so please help me with any information or advice.. I am currently at 205lb and i dont at all feel like i weight that much.. I am at least 5'7 5'8 so I'm tall and all.... My birthday is coming up on the 13 and i want to lose at leave 10 lbs by then,... please help me.. i read thru the forum and admire the motivation that ya give and how it shows ya care.... Iposted a pic of my bodu.. see i dont feel fat.. but u can even see my double chin now.. HELP! :::crosses fingers I get to my goal::
Attached Images
File Type: jpg untitled.JPG (9.5 KB, 23 views)

Last edited by SweetestSin; 08-03-2004 at 08:37 PM.
Old 08-03-2004, 08:46 PM   #2  

You are planning to lose 15 pounds in 10 days? Sweetie thats not healthy at all. Good luck though!
Old 08-03-2004, 08:49 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by becz721
You are planning to lose 15 pounds in 10 days? Sweetie thats not healthy at all. Good luck though!
I know its not and maybe even impossible but I want to lose some weight.. so the higher my goal the more I stick to it.. Thanks for ur post.
Old 08-03-2004, 08:59 PM   #4  

No problem- Good luck with everything! If you ever need some advice or just someone to talk to, feel free to PM me!
Old 08-03-2004, 09:44 PM   #5  

Hello and welcome. Are you following a particular plan. You may want to consider joining a weight loss support group like TOPS or Weight Wathchers. Another thing is to set small attainable goals at a time, like losing weight in 10 pound increments, and when you reach that ten pounds reward yourself with a non food reward, exercise and eat healthy and you should be ok. Good luck and God Bless.
Old 08-03-2004, 10:44 PM   #6  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Welcome Sweetestsin

Do you have a plan of action to lose weight? Are you following anything particular?

What you may want to do is sit down for a moment and figure out what you want to do. Write up a list of new habits you want to incorporate into your life that will help you get to your goal and how you will go about doing this.

Ie. eating healthier - get the junk out of the house and go get some healthy groceries-plan meals ahead of time.

exercise - what activity do you enjoy doing? What is available to you at home or in your community? What time frame is best for you etc.

It is hard to get started unless you have a plan. And I hate to tell you but 10lbs in 10 days is not feasible. Maybe a more realistic goal of losing 3-5lbs would be more achievable.

If you don't make your goal then just think that you have started on the path towards losing the excess weight and towards a healthier lifestyle and that start is an achievement in itself!

If you have any questions please post and I will do my best to help you out.

Good luck on your journey
Old 08-04-2004, 09:21 AM   #7  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Good Luck on your journey!

It's good to have you here!
Closed Thread