Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2004, 03:06 PM   #1  

Default Hello, I am new! I just started today!

I have always been in pretty good shape, and I exercised regularly. Then my dermatologist recommended that I start on Accutane.(I have cystic acne, that is very bad) I had to get on birth control pills, and there is where the trouble began! I am married, but I have fertilily problems, so I have never been on birth control. I have been on it a month, and I have gained almost 10 pounds, and I have a fat stomach! (plus fat everywhere else, but this bugs me the most) The pill just made me so lazy, also very hungry!
Anyway, I read about the South Beach Diet, and compaired it to others, and I decided this is the best one for me.
Today is my first day! For breakfast I had the Quiche Cups, which are pretty good. I hate vegetable juice, so I just had water.
I had a cheesestick for the snack. (we always have these around, my daughter loves them!)
I just had the SB chopped salad for lunch, and it was OK.
I am looking forward to dinner, grilled salmon!
Anyway, I am very excited to join this group! Thanks to the ladies that started this!
Mahalo!
Old 07-28-2004, 09:26 PM   #2  

Hello there welcome to this site. The South Beach diet seems to be healthy. I tried it and could not go more than one week without carbs! But honey, if you can stick with it, go for it!! Are you still on the pill? If they are a problem, I know a few customers of mine who do the billings method of birth control, so that may an alternative for you. Anyway hang in there, you can do it. God Bless.
Old 07-29-2004, 01:08 PM   #3  

Wow, thanks so much for your message! I am only on Day 2, and yesterday I was really craving carbs! I think I just really want it now because I can't have it.
And yes, I am still on the pill. I have wait until the end of August to start the Accutane, and I will be on it 3 or 4 months. Then, I have to stay on the pill for a month afterward. I think my body is adjusting to it thought. I actually feel like working out now, thank goodness! The pill was making me so lazy. I have never heard of the billings method of birth control, I would love to know a little more about it. It is funny, I really can't have a baby unless I get invitro, but with Accutane, the doctors have to be SO careful!
Thank you once again for your uplifting words! You have brightened my day!
Old 08-04-2004, 09:31 AM   #4  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Welcome!

Hope you enjoy it here!
Closed Thread