Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2004, 04:35 PM   #1  
faradayblack

Red face Just signed in

Hi--

I just joined and wanted to introduce myself. I am a writer/teacher in Portland, OR, and I am not very computer-literate, so I may have some questions that seem self-explanatory to a lot of you. The first question is how to get started. Do I just follow threads and post when struck by inspiration? Or is there another profile I need to fill out first?

Currently, I am trying to stop eating compulsively while maintaining a steady enough diet to control diabetes, high blood pressure, and high cholestrol. I am on so many prescriptions that I feel like I've one foot in the grave. I am afraid of diets because they made me fatter and I am afraid of not dieting because that makes me fatter, too. If anyone has advice, I would appreciate it. I would like to lose more than 100 pounds, so I see a long road ahead but I try to remember that my goal isn't only to lose 100+ pounds but to change the way that I respond to food.

I guess that's all, folks. I'm really looking forward to seeing what these forums are like.
Old 07-27-2004, 06:20 PM   #2  
living, breathing, moving

S/C/G: 230/170/135

Height: 5*5ish

Faradayblack, welcome you certainly found a good home on the web. everyone here is so friendly.
anyhoo, yes you just read threads, post . explore explore explore.
Old 07-27-2004, 06:51 PM   #3  

Height: 5'1"

Welcome welcome!!!

Just had to stop in and welcome another Oregonian!!

Just as blugirrl said, you do just as you said and when you feel like posting just go right on ahead.

Browse around everywhere and I'm sure you'll find all kinds of inspiration, advice, questions already asked that you were wondering about and so on.

This is a great site to be a part of and I hope you enjoy it just as much!!

Take Care and Enjoy!!

Marti
Old 07-27-2004, 08:19 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Welcome to 3FC you'll love it here I find that i come and post when I feel the weakest and it helps me a lot! I hope you find the support you need here

Michelle
Old 07-27-2004, 08:57 PM   #5  

Welcome to the site. There are many nice people here who will offer you support and advice. Don't look at the big picture. Take things one day at a time and set small 10 pounds at time goal, that is more attainable than looking at the big picture. God Bless.

Marti. I talked to a customer of mine today and they had a dog like yours that also weighed 19 pounds, so Cocoa is not the only large one.
Old 07-28-2004, 05:39 AM   #6  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Welcome Welcome Welcome!

Hope you love it here!
Old 07-28-2004, 12:44 PM   #7  

welcome
i also have diabetes and high cholesterol. taik to your dr, about meds some make you gain weight. make sure you have the right ones. i find cutting carbs helped me get my blood sugar down and loose a few lbs. diabetes makes it hard but it can be done. don't give up/ pat
Old 07-29-2004, 12:19 PM   #8  

Hi and welcome! I have been eating healthy for just over a year and have had good luck with reducing my cholesterol (almost 70 points) and also getting my blood pressure under control enough to step down my meds from 7 days a week to 3 or 4 days a week.

I had spent a lot of time earlier in my life dieting but always for aesthetic reasons (to look better, to be more attractive to men, etc.). Last year, at age 50, I made the decision to finally do this right and do it for my health.

This is the longest (by FAR) that I've ever stuck with anything in terms of weight loss. I've only lost 35 pounds in a year, but I am a much more active, much healthier and happier person.

Good luck!
Closed Thread