Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2004, 09:39 AM   #1  
Proud Mommy

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5 ' 3

Talking 3fatchicks newbie :)

hello everyone.I am new to this website,but not dieting..lol..A will give a little introduction.I am 24 years old and live in Western Massachusetts.Back in 1999 I had to go to a baby shower for my then boyfriends neice.I was wearing sweats all of the time,so i didnt know how high i had really gotten weight wise.i went to go try on things to wear,and to my dismay,I just kept going up in sizes,until I had to try on a 24..And I am only 5'3/5'4..So I decided to join WW.I was on and off from July 99 to June 01.I lost 90 pounds and got down to a size 10 at 130 pounds.I ended up have a personal experience,and it got me moving back up on the scale again.i went through boyfriends9of course..lol) and was just getting comfortable.Needless to say,i am in a size 18 now,but dont ever want to hit a 24 again,so thats why i am restarting WW on my own(which is how i did it the first time after a month of meetings and loosing)I joined a gym and am ready to start my journey on the road to weight loss.I just purchased a flexpoints journal and am ready to start next week along with working out 3-4 times a week to start.I am looking forward to making new friends and sharing experiences.have a great day all!
Old 07-13-2004, 09:54 AM   #2  

Hi Prue,

Welcome and congrats on your decision to lose the weight again. Boy, don't I know how those dress sizes can just creep right back up on us! When I started gaining weight again, I realized I subconciously started wearing nothing but my overalls and sweats on my days off, only wearing certain "comfy" work clothes during the week. What I was doing was avoiding clothes I somehow knew wouldn't fit. It's great that you already knows what works for you and all you need to do is put it in action. I've done the same thing this time as well. Trying to lose 40 lbs., which is 5 lbs more than I lost 3 years ago. I'm following the Sugar Busters plan, because I know it works and feels comfortable for me. You and I are about the same height and I was at 202 and a tight size 18 when I started eating right again almost a month ago. I guess the best motivation I can suggest is to look inside and realize how much you deserve to be a healthy, comfortable weight. As horrifying as it was, I decided to take "before" pictures this time around, so I can actually see the change in my body. Last time I lost weight, I still felt "fat" and I think I had lost sight of all the progress I made. I wonder if you can relate to that? Anyway, best of luck to you and look forward to seeing you around!!

sw: 202
cw: 188
gw: 140-148
Old 07-13-2004, 09:56 AM   #3  
Enjoy The Journey . . .

Hi and Welcome to 3FC!

I'm new too, joining on yesterday. I'm 36, 5'9" tall, weighing approximately 250 and I'm currently wearing Size 18-20. My goal is to lose 75lbs by May 2005 and I'm determined to lose it.

I suffer from a chronic back problem, so exercise is difficult for me at best. There are days when I am bedridden and simply unable to do anything at all, so I'm fighting depression in addition to having the desire to lose weight and feel good about myself.

I posted my first message yesterday and two members responded right away, welcoming me and giving me encouragement and lots of great advice. I'm so glad that I found out about this site, and I'm excited about meeting new people who are going through the same thing that I am and will understand my challenges and triumphs on this weight loss journey.

I wanted to welcome you and let you know that we are all here to help and support each other through this, and if you decide that you'd like to partner up with a buddy, let me know because I haven't chosen one yet either since I only joined yesterday. Here's wishing you good luck on your journey!

Epiphany1968
Chicago
Old 07-13-2004, 10:10 AM   #4  
Proud Mommy

Hi goofgirl and Epiphany1968!Thanks for the warm welcome!

goofgirl-I had the same problem last time I lost all of my trouble weight.i got down to 130 and still felt fat.I look at those clothes I used to wear and am like OMG..how could I have thought i was fat?lol..But I didnt exercise from the begining,so i think that was my problem.I just never lost my stomach.I am hoping this time is more successful.

Epiphany1968-I hope maybe the weight loss can help you with some of your depression.i am also glad I ofund this board.I used to be on an aol one,but since I dont have aol anymore,I dont have access to those..lol..As for partnering up,if I decide to do that,I will send you a message

Good luck to all of us and feel free anyone to send me a private message
Old 07-13-2004, 10:22 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Welcome to 3FC
Good luck on your Journey!
Old 10-15-2005, 12:32 AM   #6  
Proud Mommy

Hello again all.How has everyones weight loss gone in the past year?
Closed Thread