Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2004, 03:51 PM   #1  
Coconuttie12

Exclamation I need a buddy who understands!

Hi, I am desperate to find someone who can encourage me not to eat healthy. I am 17 and starting college in Sept. I ultimately want to lose about 25lbs but I really want to look great as I start this new beginning in my life. I feel like I let everyone else down when I eat bad so I eat have started eating alone, I know this is bad so please help me! Please be my buddy! I would love to exchange email addresses!

Last edited by coconuttie12; 07-16-2004 at 03:54 PM.
Old 07-16-2004, 07:34 PM   #2  

Red face Hello There

Hi, I just joined today and I am a 20 year old female who also wants to lose 25 lbs. right now I weigh 170 and would like to get down to 145 which for my bone structure is really healthy. I could really use the support as well because I dont know anyone else who is overwight and even though they try they have a hard time understanding what it is like.
I would love to be your buddy and we can chat a couple of times a week on here and share fitness tips and healthy foods.
Tye
Old 07-17-2004, 03:14 PM   #3  
Coconuttie12

Default Need to exchange e-mail addresses?

I am trying to figure out how we can exchange email addresses because you sound like my match! If you come up with something then let me know! hope you are doing good to reach your goal!
Old 07-17-2004, 05:58 PM   #4  
I lost over 80 pounds!

Thumbs up

If you are still looking for a buddy, let me know.

I have lost more than 80 pounds so far and still have 20 or so I would like to go. I know how tough it is. It is such a major life change! I had to literally overhaul my entire life! It has impacted my kids, my mother (who lives with us) and my husband. Now, when my mother goes to stay with my brother she tells me she is looking forward to getting back to the way I cook. They all (even the kids) appreciate the healthy way I cook and shop.

But, when you are accustomed to a less healthy lifestyle (I grew up on south Louisiana - land of the deep-fried) your entire life, it is tough to change that.

If you ever need to talk or just need to vent, or whatever, I am here.
Steph
Old 07-17-2004, 06:36 PM   #5  
IronAngel

Default 80 lbs in 10 mos tell me how??? :)

I actually went from 235 to my lowest of 170. I was plateau'd for a long time at 170. I have gained a little back since I was laid off and don't have the money for a gym, but I still do ok. But it took a really long time to lose it all (and had a pregnancy in the middle of losing!! LOL) How did you do it? I pretty much counted calories, used common sense, started with home videos and eventually joined a gym, which is out now of course due to finances. None of my home excercise equip. fits in my new house so I'm probably going to go back to videos-becuase its better than nothing. Any hints? My before and after pics are posted in the 'before and after' section...I been coming to this site for awhile but today was my first post (and this one is my second! Hehehe).
Old 07-17-2004, 11:12 PM   #6  
I lost over 80 pounds!

I am not sure where you are, but is there a YMCA near you? Many have wonderful facilities and they offer scholarships to people who are unable to pay. It would be worth checking out. Just go to their website and find your state and city. It would be a way to afford getting into a gym.

Just a thought.

You've done a fabulous losing, especially with the pregnancy!

I sort of watch calories, mainly watch my fat (10 grams per meal = about 50g a day) and 12 grams of sugar per meal (about 60g a day). I eat 5-6 meals a day.

Mainly, I got away from the processed foods. I now shop the "horseshoe" at the grocery store - produce, meat and dairy. Pretty much the only time I venture down the aisles is to get bread, spices, low sodium tomato sauce, whole wheat pasta and popcorn. That's it. I rarely get even frozen vegetables and never get canned vegetables.

I am much healthier and feel much better. My family is hooked on this way of eating too. If my kids or mother are away for a day or so they start telling me that they can't wait to get back and eat "my way." lol My 12 year old daughter was quite indignant during her most recent visit to her father's house. He is 6'2" and 300+ lbs. He recently learned that his commercial license would not be renewed because of his health (high blood pressure and heart problems). His diet is not the best, never had been. She called me and said she was ready to come home because "All they feed me here is garbage!" I talked to her a bit and gave her some tips on eating healthier in that environment, but she still came home early. He was fine with it though. The boys stayed for the remaining 2 weeks. She loves the yogurt, fruit, fresh vegetables, pasta and lean meats.

I have created healthy eating junkies! lol
Closed Thread