Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2004, 04:10 AM   #121  
maintaining

S/C/G: 243/170/165

Height: 6'

Yeah. There'll be no kicking from me either! But I agree that it would be easier if we lived in the same town. Plus it would be nice!
Jessica is very smart, and I agree fully with her. And motivation is such a b*** sometimes! You should see my posts when I first started posting at 3FC: it was all about how I could not get started. I didn't get into exercising every day until early June I think - and by then I had been eating to lose weight since April. So I know about things taking time Ang!

Ang - you have all the right ideas: some success will get the ball rolling. Eating and exercising affects your mood, but yes - you have to have some positive feelings to start with. Nobody changes their lives for the better out of anger, self-hate, hopelessness and helplessness.
A fellow-student of mine has been doing some research on how physical activity - exercise - affects body image, self esteem and depression. The hypothesis was that it would affect these things in a good way: improve body image and self esteem and decrease depression. But what they actually found was the opposite: to be physical active and exercise people needed to have a positive body image, self esteem and not be depressed! Quite an interesting find!

I suggest to start with Krista's program with the dumbbells Ang, I've been doing that all summer - and it's a very good program. The program takes about 35 minutes for me to get through. And I'm looking for something like that when I start at the gym too: 10-15 minutes warm up and then 30-35 minutes weightlifting. Total time spent about 45 minutes - it would be enough to start with for me. Especially if I'm doing it 3 times a week!
A program in 30 minutes - like you did before - sounds completely right to me, Ang!

Jessica - so glad you had a wonderful time at the dance recital. You're so right about having to believe something to be possible before it can come true - it's fantastic that you got so inspired!

Take care of yourselves!
Old 07-29-2004, 08:51 AM   #122  
maintaining

S/C/G: 243/170/165

Height: 6'

Hey guys!
I made the new thread!
Come on over to "The Pact" in the "Support Groups" forum!!!
Closed Thread