Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2004, 04:50 PM   #1  

Default Need a Buddy 29/f with 50 lbs to lose!

HI. My name is Laurie and I do not want to waste what little time I have left in my 20's (Im 29) being overweight. I am tired of the way I look and need a new diet. I have been on everything and read everything. I just sort of go off my diet when my husband does. If he says lets eat pizza, I say ok. I know I am strong. I have will power. I actually like exercise once I get started. I just would like to meet someone else that has this challenge. I would buddy with my hubby but he always ends up losing way more than me (even faster) and I get discouraged. I would like to meet someone like me.
Old 06-30-2004, 01:01 AM   #2  
No more excuses!

S/C/G: 265/234/150

Height: 5'7"

Hi Laurie! You sound a lot like me. It's so easy to break your diet when your spouse eats something yummy that you aren't supposed to have, but we can persevere! My hubby is (mostly) following my diet with me and he's lost faster than I have, so I can totally relate there too.

I can be your buddy if you like! Drop me a PM.
Old 06-30-2004, 08:15 AM   #3  

Default same boat here

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellasmom
HI. My name is Laurie and I do not want to waste what little time I have left in my 20's (Im 29) being overweight. I am tired of the way I look and need a new diet. I have been on everything and read everything. I just sort of go off my diet when my husband does. If he says lets eat pizza, I say ok. I know I am strong. I have will power. I actually like exercise once I get started. I just would like to meet someone else that has this challenge. I would buddy with my hubby but he always ends up losing way more than me (even faster) and I get discouraged. I would like to meet someone like me.

I am 30 with about 65 to lose. Have 2 young children and I am finding it very hard. I live in NJ. Where do you live. I would love to have a buddy for exercise and diet.
Old 06-30-2004, 12:13 PM   #4  

I am in Arizona but we could compare workout notes and work on getting the diet right this time. I am keeping a feed journal and now setting my monthly weight loss goals. My husband sort of follows my diet also but he sees results faster and can sheat without gaining. SO- we dont talk about that and can not really be a support to eachother ( I think it is about the fact that we are too close and too emotionally attached to be non-biased). He is too close to give me hard facts ( I am overweight ) and I would take it personally if he says I should or shouldnt eat something. Besides _ He doesnt even know what I weigh and I wouldnt want him to.

I think the key this time will be to get through this with girls like you. We can help eachother though the cravings and be supportive when (if) we slip and keep moving toward our goal.
Closed Thread