Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2004, 01:52 PM   #1  
No more excuses!

S/C/G: 265/234/150

Height: 5'7"

Thumbs up Introduction!

Hiya!

I've been lurking here for a little while and finally decided it was time to register. I am about to be 27 years old, newly married and finally losing the weight I have been wanting and needing to lose for years.

I've battled weight issues my entire life, like everyone else on both sides of my family. I am stubborn, though, so I'm bound and determined to succeed this time. I had started an exercise program at home in January, and my clothes were starting to fit better, but I wasn't losing any weight. Then in May I was diagnosed with pancreatitis, which I'm still fighting with. That's not such a terrible thing - more of a nuisance than anything. As a result of that illness they put me on an extreme low-fat diet, so I've not eaten more than 7 grams of fat in a day since May 1st. Usually it's more like 4 or 5 a day.

So while an illness gave me the jump-start I needed, I was already on the road. I'm acclimated to this diet now and I think I'll stick with it (maybe allow myself up to 10 or 12) once they release me from it. I'm actually losing faster than I probably should, but at this point I have no choice. I don't know where I'm finding the self-control to stick to this, but I'm not complaining!

Anyway, there's my story when it comes to weight loss. I'm happy to be here, it seems like a great community where I can get support on days when it's rough, and give my support to others on their bad days too.

Nice to meet you!
Old 06-27-2004, 03:19 PM   #2  

Heya! Well done on the weight loss. Sounds like you're definitly on the way to success

Dill
Closed Thread