Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2004, 09:02 PM   #1  
Autumn_Online

Red face Need W/Loss Buddies! Stick it out with me to the end!

Hola there...I'm 23, married to a wonderful man, and together we have a two year old daughter...who's just the greatest I might add...I've always had a weight issue, since I can remember. At 18 I lost 60 pounds and went from a size 18 to an 8. I gained some weight back and was steady at a 12 for about two years until I became pregnant. After having my daughter and a few failed attempts at regaining my pre-baby size, I'm in a rut at size 16. Looking for other mommy's in a similar situation maybe? Really, I'll welcome anyone who's chatty like me and would like help and support. I'll stick it out to the end if you'll do the same for me! Thanks for reading my thread and if your goals are similar drop me an email or catch me on ICQ!

Last edited by Autumn_Online; 06-19-2004 at 11:41 AM.
Old 06-18-2004, 10:02 PM   #2  

Dear Autumn Online, welcome to this site. I am older than you, actually my son is older than you, God I'm old! Just kidding, I'm 45 and married for oh gosh longer than you have been alive! 27 years. I had lost over 80 pounds and foolishly put most of it back on so now along with hubby (who is younger than me by one year!) I am trying to get it back off again. I hope you get the help and encouragement while you visit with us. Don't have ICQ but will check your messages often and see how you are doing. Good Luck and God Bless.
Old 06-18-2004, 10:21 PM   #3  
Autumn_Online

Hello there praytherosary822, so glad to hear from you! I am really enjoying this site...although all my typing is driving my husband buggy! (He's trying to sleep up for work tomorrow) It's wonderful you've been married for 27 years! Congratulations! Wish you 27 love filled more! That is SO GREAT your hubby is joining in your efforts to lose weight! It will be a big help I bet to have each others support...

What is your goal weight loss if you don't mind me nosing? I would like to kick off about 60 pounds. I weight a depressing 189 and am goaling for 130...did I do the math right? Although I would even be happy at 140...

Well now, hope to hear from you again, and thank you so much for your post!
Old 06-18-2004, 10:32 PM   #4  

When I first went to TOPS I weighed in at my all time hi of 215.5 and got all the way down to 130, I got burned out with it so I did something stupid, when I quit going to the meetings I quit the diet, so now I am at 207 and working my way back to 130. I have decided that when I get to Heaven I will ask God why can't broccoli taste like chocolate, I LOVE chocolate and HATE broccoli, if broccoli tasted like chocolate I would become a vegetarian in a heartbeat and be so slim! Anyway keep up the good work, look forward to hearing from you soon. Tammy
Old 06-19-2004, 10:10 AM   #5  
Autumn_Online

Red face

I have never gone to a Tops meeting but have friends who've gone. I'm glad you brought it up, I might look for one out here, we just moved to this area.

I also weighed around 210, while I was in highschool, and I had lost a few pounds right after graduation. That's when I got serious about the weight loss, at 190lbs...I lost all that weight by eating strictly vegan foods. Within about five months of my diet change I had lost that 60 pounds I mentioned. I had switched to a vegan diet for moral reasons as well as health reasons, but I no longer feel that way, and regularly eat meat and dairy. This time around, I'm really hoping to learn how to eat healthy so I can set an example for my daughter. I don't want her growing up with the same problems I had, and I already see it starting.

So how long did it take you to get to 130? How did you do it? Are you going to do it again? Have you gone back to Tops? This site seems very motivating, a good way to keep on track!

Last edited by Autumn_Online; 06-19-2004 at 11:39 AM.
Old 06-19-2004, 11:07 PM   #6  

If memory serves me it took almost a year to take it off. TOPS has a diet plan where you eat a certain amount of carbs, proteins, fats, fruits, veggies and dairy. I am following the Lightweigh, which is a eating plan which incorporates eating and the teaching of the catholic church, but all faiths are welcomed. This is the diet in a nutshell, you eat only when hungry, stop when full, eat about a fist full of food because that is the size of your stomach when shrunk to it's normal size, and you leave the last bite for your guardian angel, which my dog thinks is the best idea of all since she usually gets the last bite, you serve yourself on small plates and it's really amazing when you listen to your body how little food it takes to fill you up. Even though you can eat anything you want, we try and keep it healty. We went eat out tonight with my son and his wife for Father's Day - buffet style- so needless to say we overate, but we ate very light the rest of the day not to have comsumed so much food. Anyway bed time, we are going to 7am MAss tomorrow so that means up at 5:30 am will get back with you tomorrow. GOd Bless
Old 06-19-2004, 11:10 PM   #7  

Oh, I forgot. You may want to consider going to TOPS, it will help you make new friends and have a great support system. I quit going to the meetings because I had a full time job and then had a lot of things to do with the club and I just got overwhelmed and burned out. The smart thing would have been that if I was going to quit the group, I should have stuck with the diet. Anyway something for you to think about. They have website, but you may have to search for it, I don't remember exactly how it is listed, but I know it will let you know if there are meetings in your area.
Old 06-20-2004, 01:35 PM   #8  
Autumn_Online

Red face I am so motivated...

Oh I'm so glad you brought up Tops...after the first post you left mentioning Tops I went right to their website to check it out. I talked with a Captain and am going to my first meeting tomorrow night. I'm going for exactly what you said, to get support and make some new friends. I just moved to the area we now live in and don't know anyone, so this will be a good way to do two things I've really wanted to do.

Sounds like you had a good time for Father's Day! Oh I would love to head to a buffet, but boy oh boy, I sure need to stay away from restraunts and fast food. It's like there's something in the food that causes me to lose all common sense and self control! Lol* I swear to you burgers are just as addictive as cigarettes...not that I smoke, but, you know...

So I am super motivated now...I'm going to my first Tops meeting tommorrow, I started an online journal, a food/excersise journal, I took my measurments, and when hubby gets back we're gonna work on before photos...woohoooooo!
Old 06-20-2004, 04:16 PM   #9  
xO kAiTIkaT xO

Smile

hello autumn online! i would like to be your buddy too. we can modivate eachother while we are both on our diets. im younger than you though. im 13. i weigh 114. i used to weigh 132. that was back in febuary though. my goal is 110. well i hope to hear from you soon!

-kaitikat
Old 06-20-2004, 10:49 PM   #10  

I am glad you are going to your TOPS meeting, please let me know how you like it. I made some wonderful friends in that club. I know they will help you and it will give you a chance to feel like you belong in your community since you are new there. I will keep you in my prayers. Hang in there and remember you deserve to be healthy and happy. God Bless You.
Old 06-21-2004, 10:12 AM   #11  
Autumn_Online

Red face

Hola there Kaitikat...oh girlie, you must be an itty bitty little thing. I'd love to help motivate ya if ya do the same for me! I have a bit more to lose than ya, about sixty more...lol* Sounds like you have done pretty well since February! Congratulations!

I now weight 189 and would like to be at about 130. I'm really motivated to lose weight right now, trying to do everything I can to stay that way. Are you involved in any sports? I would like to get involved in something out here, but I'm not too athletic, and haven't found anything so far.

Hope to hear from ya soon, and thanks for posting!
Old 06-21-2004, 10:14 AM   #12  
Autumn_Online

Red face praytherosary822

How are you doing with your diet?

Thank you for thinking of me in your prayers... hope you are keeping happy over there on your end too and getting some inspiration here! Will let you know how Tops goes when I get back this evening!
Old 06-21-2004, 12:50 PM   #13  
xO kAiTIkaT xO

Smile

hello autumn online! i would love to help modivate you! thanks!
i am involved in some sports. i am involved in basketball, swim team, and horseback riding. i like doing all of them.
well i hope to hear from you soon!

keep in touch!
-kaitikat
Old 06-21-2004, 12:57 PM   #14  
Autumn_Online

Default kaitikat

Oh that's great, being in all those sports, will sure help you keep fit. What sort of diet are you currently doing to lose weight?
Old 06-21-2004, 08:51 PM   #15  

Please let me know how your first meeting goes. I hope you enjoy it. These people can give you encouragement, but remember the ultimate choices are yours. I like these sayings:
1.If it is to be, then it is up to me.
2. If not me, then who?
3. If not now, then when?
I actually have them taped to my scale.
Closed Thread