Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2004, 05:10 AM   #1  

Talking Newbie here :-)

Hmmm...where do I begin? First I would like to say hello to everyone! I heard about this site a couple of months ago but never thought of joining. I was sort of embarrassed in a way but since browsing and seeing how you ladies (and gents) are so free with your dreams, weight loss goals and plastering your weight throughout your posts, I thought, "Why not?" So, here I am!

I'm a 20 year old married Californian (who just came back from Ohio a few days ago after a year of living there) who is a nursing student. Despite my cheery attitude, I am very down and out about my weight, to put is shortly, I'm a fat cow. I weigh a hefty 250ish pounds at 5ft 7in. I wish I could tell you I'm happy no matter what I weigh but that would be a complete lie. The fact of the matter is, I am very insecure and self conscious about myself and have been this way since I was in 7th grade.

Back in 2001, I weighed 222 and lost 45-50 pounds. I was so happy and I looked great. Yet in that time, I have met my husband and started eating like him. He's 6'0 and weighs 180 which is average and eats anything he desires and never gains a pound. Me on the other hand has gained around 70 pounds. This MUST stop and I hope I can count on you ladies to give me the support I need. Even though my mother sympathizes (I live with her now until I finish college), she can hardly relate with her being 5ft 5in and weighing a very slim 116 and has a size 26 in waist.

Sorry if I am going on and on but I'm just excited about my journey. I don't look at it as another journey but a final journey to healthy living and happiness. I don't want to end up with diabetes or other disease that run in my family. I won't allow it.

Anyway, I stopped eating fast food altogether (what's the point, it makes me feel sluggish anyway), I stopped drinking soda (why drink empty calories when I could be drinking delish juice with half the calories?) and I limit my candy intake (strawberry Twizzlers but I think I'm going to have to stop buying those as well because I can't seem to at just 3 or 4, more like 13-14). I have been eating salads mixed with tuna or grilled chicken and fresh veggies, turkey burgers, fruit, juice, water, 2% milk, granola cereal (that's not high in sugar) measuring my portions and eating smaller portions (the actual serving size) of the foods I used to gorge on. I take a daily vitamin and exercise twice a day (walk/jog 1-2 miles a day, an exercise tape and toning exercises every other day) and have been doing so since Saturday. So I think I'm on the right path and I just need some words of encouragement and motivation. :-)

Don't mean to talk, or rather, "write" your ears off but I'm ready to get this party started. So please, feel free to write me, I am open to suggestions and/or buddies. :-D

Bri
Old 06-03-2004, 12:11 PM   #2  
restarting soon

S/C/G: 222/222/150

Height: 5'4 1/2

Hey there Bri!

I'd love to be your buddy. I'm sorta in the same place you are. I met my husband 5 years ago. The first 2 years I seemed to be able to keep my weight down, even eating like him. Then all of a sudden *bam* it caught up with me. I now weigh 211 pounds and definately feel all of the extra ones. I just started with the slim fast diet yesterday, figure that I always crave sweets, so why not give in to a diet w/sweet drinks and snacks to curb the bad cravings I always seem to get when i'm dieting(which we all know leads to bingeing(at least for me)). I also have decided to only weigh once a month, as I tend to be obsessive and the scale gets used sev days. So I packed it up, so I can't get upset when it fluctuates. Hope we can be buddy's! PM me and I'll get you my email addy and we can keep up that way!!

Lenna
Closed Thread