Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2004, 07:51 AM   #16  

Avoiding eye contact is always a good plan. I used to go to the gym when I was in college......and there were always these athletes in there that were the perfect size. Talk about intimidating. I actually find it easier to get mysdelf to work out at home, cause I don't have to go anywhere. Just move a table and chair and off I go.

Well have a great one and keep up all the hard work
Old 05-13-2004, 11:21 PM   #17  

I'm interested in joining Curves as well. Anybody in that who can tell me about it? Because it's all women it seems like it would be easier for me. If I can't exercise in front of my own husband, I don't think I could do it in front of complete strangers!
Old 05-14-2004, 08:08 AM   #18  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 236/236/166

I go to Curves and I love it! I go almost everyday... It's all women of all shapes and sizes, so most people there know how you feel about exercising in front of people.... The people the are really nice and it's just a great atmosphere.... Before Curves there was no way I was going to join a gym... But my mom talked me into going there and I'm glad she did, it is so different from all the other gyms I've ever been to.... It is definitely worth looking into
Old 05-17-2004, 10:08 AM   #19  

I finally got the firm tapes and I was kind of surprised how much lungins and squating are done in the workout. Not great for me since I have arthritis. Oh well.... But I did resurrect my step tapes by Keli Roberts which I used to do all the time. I have to admit it kicked my butt and I was sweating like crazy. Guess I'll just do what I can.

Have a great day
Old 05-17-2004, 12:39 PM   #20  
One step at a time...

I always sweat like crazy when I go to the gym.... My mom said she wished she could sweat like me But if you are sweating at least you know you are getting a good workout
Old 05-17-2004, 02:18 PM   #21  

Very true. At least I know I am doing something for myself.....How has everyone else been doing on there weight loss adventure?
Old 05-17-2004, 02:37 PM   #22  
One step at a time...

I weighed in on Saturday and all my TOM gain was gone and then some... I was at 203.8#...down from 206.2 last weekend... I was excited because I wasn't expecting to see a loss this week when I was so bloated at my official weighin/measure for the month...
Old 05-17-2004, 02:56 PM   #23  

Good for you! That's great. I got weighed last week when I had a physical for my new job. Their scale said I was 178.....mine says 168. I like mine better and am sticking which that one. But if I really did gain weight (I have been too scard to get on mine after that) i really think it was muscle mass since I have been very good about working out.
Old 05-17-2004, 04:12 PM   #24  
One step at a time...

You are right in that if you actually gained anything it will be muscle but I really doubt you gained 10#... I would not be afraid to weigh myself because often times doctors don't get their scales calibrated as often as they should...so just keep that in mind and keep up the exercising!
Old 05-18-2004, 08:18 AM   #25  

Good Morning everyone,
I was just reading your comments about how some of you feel about going to the gym. Try not to let other people make you feel badly- I belong to a chain of gyms with multiple locations and the clientele varies somewhat depending on location- if I ever feel that I may be being judged I just look right back at the person and think 'hey- at least I am here and doing something!'

The funny thing was about a month ago I was on the same schedule as a supermodel and her actor husband and often found myself on the machines at the same time- there is nothing like being sourrounded at mirrors at a time like that! Anyway I found the whole experience entertaining and a reminder that we all need work or at least up keep.
Anyway congratulations on all of your efforts and success.
Jen
PS If anyone can explain to me why it is so difficult to get off your butt and get to the gym somedays even when you know how good you will feel when its over? I would love to have this mystery solved!
Closed Thread