Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2004, 05:51 PM   #1  

Lightbulb Looking for support, a buddy, anything!

Hi there... I'm new to posting but not to the site. First I suppose I should give a little teeny bit (I'll try to keep it short!) of background info.

I'm 21 years old and I'm 5'7" and I weigh 320 lbs. I live with my lovely boyfriend who is between 380 and 415 lbs + (they can't weigh him at his doctor's clinic so we don't know for sure) and a diabetic plus our dog and cat. We just moved from an apartment into a nice three bedroom house we're renting. Wonderful, right? Except I had a gym in the apartment that I could use for free. I did it once or twice a week, nothing big, but it sure did help my arthritis and I sure FELT better. Well, anyway, I weighed myself at my mom's house for shits and giggles (can I swear? I'm sorry if I can't, it's just a phrase my family has been using for years). I had lost twelve lbs from the last time I weighed myself in like March! So, I guess it finally kicked in,"God, girl you're THREE HUNDRED POUNDS PLUS!" but then I thought, "Hey, maybe if I can lose twelve, I can lose twenty four... and then thirty six". But the thing is, I'm scared to death. This is probably the biggest thing (no pun intended) that I've ever done. Another bad thing is my boyfriend has no interest whatsoever in losing weight or even changing his lifestyle. He refuses to eat less meat, refined foods and god knows he refuses to exercise but I learned a long time ago that I can't worry about his weight if he won't do anything about it. Mostly I would just love to have someone to exercise with so I didn't feel so embarassed about walking or going to a real gym. Plus I'm currently unemployed so joining a gym might be a bit hard right now anyway but I would love to do that once I do have the money. I do have a "Walk Away The Pounds" video that I used once to drop thirty lbs but I stopped and gained it all back. I'd appreciate any tips or support, thanks in advance! I'm so sorry this was this long.
Old 05-07-2004, 07:00 PM   #2  

Well done for starting Your boyf is probably scared of the change that might happen like you running off with a skinny guy I can't afford to join a gym either so I am walking a bit daily with a pedometer. There is a forum here for people with 100 plus to lose and a 20 something one you are spoilt for choice. Unfortunately I am too old for the 20 one
Old 05-07-2004, 08:35 PM   #3  

hey come on veggie young at heart and all that welcome you dont tell us your name and i refuse point blank to call you fat arse anyway my hubby and sons dont eat my kind of food either and im coping really well with not eating what they are and i cant join a gym due to medical problems so i mainly just walk with the dogs and am getting up to a fair distance so stick in there take the dog a nice long walk and give it a try and the weight will soon come off and it feels so good when it does so good luck and again welcome
kirsty
Old 05-07-2004, 11:35 PM   #4  
Old Cackler

fbg: the only person you can take care of or control is YOU!!!!! and itsounds like you're off to a great start!!! with so much to lose, the really important thing to remember is BABY STEPS!! those little changes that we make on a regular basis, one by one, that taken together really and truly add up.

so today - and for awhile - it might be exercise. and then maybe more water. or more veggies. or whatever.

but whatever you do, welcome to the roost!!!! there's SOOO much great advice and wisdom!!!!!
Old 05-08-2004, 08:45 AM   #5  

Good luck honey & I think the BF will come along once he sees u start loosing & feeling better. I'm sure his probalem is he is scared. He has a lot of wt to loose & don't want to fail! None of us want to fail but sometimes things like that happen & we get up & start again. Anyway,The most important thing is moving! I just read a book get young get thin & it says move! Yes eating is important but one must move to burn those calories. Anytime u can take the steps instead of the elevator do it. Anytime u can walk instead of drive do it. Just make those little differences & the wt will start coming off. You don't have to be in a gym. Take the dogs for walks or play with them in the yard or park. Good luck. I know its hard but keep it up.
Closed Thread