Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2004, 10:50 PM   #1  

Default Gotta Get Psyched!!!

Ok So I think that I am ready this time I am finishing my first year of grad school and I have a wonderful boyfriend who tells me that I am beautiful and I have great friends, but now I want to be healthy. I want to not feel tired all of the time, and I want to be able to do all the fun, active things they can all do, like walk through the city or even just go to the beach, without being embarrassed because I am out of breath or ashamed of how I look. I see how so many people hear are accomplishing their goals slowly but surely, and that's what I want. I know I can do it, I just need some help staying as motivated as I am right now...got any ideas? Looking foward to helping others stay motivated as well!!! We can do it!
SW 242
Goal: To be healthy!!!
Old 05-07-2004, 09:27 AM   #2  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 236/236/166

Welcome Kiki! I just wanted to tell you how I stay motivated... I have set an ultimate goal of losing 50# but that is a lot to think about losing at once, so to keep myself going in the right direction, I decided to break it up into smaller more easily achievable goals, like 5# at a time...and I count every downward movement of the scale as a victory... I have been trying to lose weight since March and so far I have lost 11#

Another thing I do is have rewards set up...My boyfriend said he was going to get me something every 10# and when I make it to "ONEderland", he is going to take me horseback riding! I have never done that before so it is an exciting incentive for me...I have set my sights on reaching that glorius place by June 14th...and if I do I get to buy a new dress for the wedding I'm going to on the 26th...

It seems like you definitely have the right attitude about this and I look forward to reading about your successes!
Old 05-07-2004, 12:19 PM   #3  

Hi Kiki!

I'm new to the board, as well, so I just wanted to say hi and the best of luck to you on your quest for a healthy life. I started my "new way of life" 2 weeks ago and with the same mindset as you. I don't want to just follow a routine and wait for my clothes to start fitting better like i've done SO many times before. I don't like cutting out foods from my diet, I don't like eating the same foods everyday, and I absolutely hate counting carbs/calories/fat grams, etc. It all gets too boring and tedious for me, so I give up before my body even has time to realize what's hit it. This time I decided to forget about the big-name diets, the planning, the counting, and the weighing. All I'm doing is incorporating fresh fruits and veggies into my diet everyday and cutting my portion sizes. I picked up a burger and fries from wendy's the other day, but i hate half the burger, no mayo, and half of the small fries. The rest of the day I ate low calorie, low fat foods to make sure I didn't overdo it. So my suggestion to you is this: 1. eat lots of fresh produce-find different ways to incorporate a salad and fruit into your menu. 2. eat whatever you want but in smaller quantities than you normally would. you're already treating yourself by eating at wendy's, so it won't hurt to sacrifice some mayo or half your fries. 3. drink lots of water, w/ lemon if you need it. i've been drinking a cup of hot water w/ fresh squeezed lemon juice in it every morning when i wake up. it's supposed to help rid your body of toxins. 4. take a multi-vitamin. i don't care what anyone says, vitamins are essential if you want a healthy lifestyle. 5. do any kind of exercise you can for 30 minutes 3 days a week. work your way up to longer and more frequent exercising. i've decided to sign up for a 5k run just to have a goal to work towards.

Anyway, this is part of the "plan" i've customized for myself. It's how I've chosen to tackle my unhealthy lifestyle and you may need to do the same-see what fits your needs. Have fun! =)

Cassandra
Closed Thread