Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2004, 06:54 PM   #1  
kona

Default Inspiration?

I don’t know why I’m here at this weight. Eating, obviously, but there’s more to it I’m sure. Growing up in a large family with little extra food made food, in my mind, more than it should be. Maybe? Seven people, eight slices of quiche. If I eat fast enough, the last piece will end up on my plate, possibly? No chips, no soda, no sweet cereals, no sweets at all, no, not when I was growing up. Also no weight problem.

Years later that stuff I felt deprived of as a child was mine whenever and wherever I wanted. What great way to treat yourself for a job well done or console yourself after disappointment. Yippy!

No, not so yippy.

Here’s the truth. That extra layer of stuff on my body is the real deprivation. Years of mistreating my body has deprived my body (mind and soul as well) of health. True dat.

I’ve finally reached that critical point when thrill of eating something I should not eat has equaled the thrill of eating something I should eat. Sure the idea of a bowl of ice cream at the end of the day still excites me much more so than a salad, but the post ice cream binge is what keeps me good. If eating a big ‘ol bowl of chocolate chip mint ice cream is really such a treat then why does it leave me feeling worse than before consuming it? Bingo… it’s not a real treat.

I believe that my mind is very close to where it needs to be to continue this health path that I’m on. But in order to make this click or stick or whatever, I need inspiration and support. I need to give it as well. From my few days of lurking I think this place will be good.

Looking for a buddy?

Kona
Old 04-02-2004, 08:34 PM   #2  

welcome Kona,

I think many of us share the same issues. You have come to a great place. I don't know the criteria required to be your buddy, but I am usually around. I check the board daily. I have had weight issues for years and as much as I wish my head were in the right place, I still can't seem to stick out a program lately. I think it's a feeling of doom lurking in the back of my mind. My mom wasn't much older than me when she died. We have alot in common but more not in common. I'm hoping that I can break this cycle. You can pm me if you'd like. Sometimes it may take a few tries to find a buddy. But just posting everday with the people on the board will help. Believe me, it helps.
Hope to here from you, and again, Welcome!
Old 04-02-2004, 09:53 PM   #3  

Welcome Kona,

This is a great place, glad you foud the site, many nice people here. I think most everyone I have talked to is looking to give and recieve some help. It is tough changing old habits, but nice to have so many nice people to be a help along the way. I am here and willing to listen. Like I sad there are so many nice people here!!
Closed Thread