Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2004, 10:52 AM   #16  
Scott

S/C/G: 290/290/200

Red face Here's something that happened to my wife...

We were at the mall (in a standard store - not a "big girls" store) a while back (last summer I think) and my wife had found this nice zebra striped skirt - it wasn't in her size and she went to ask the clerk if she had any in a different size......now I know that the clerk never meant any harm by her comment - but when she asked one of other clerks to she if she could find any of the "cow skirts" for my wife it kind of made her feel aqward....we never said anything to the clerk - and now it has kinda become a joke between us anytime we see zebra or cow print anything.....but still....I'm willing to bet that if we were in a "big girls" store - this wouldn't have happened - but the fact that we were in a "normal" store with little miss twig helping my wife - (I'm only calling the clerk name to side with my wife here!! LOL) was a big reason that the incident occured.

Just thought I'd share this nugget o' information/story
Old 03-30-2004, 04:57 AM   #17  
Maggi

Default Response to Nugs44

I got to hand it to you, she does love to shop! I am a chick, but I hate shopping, my hubby loves to shop, he can walk through the malls and look at everything and turn around a go the next day, not so much buying but look, look, and more look, drives me crazy. If I need something I go in, do some minor looking, get what I need and I am gone! Maybe it is my age?

Maybe her shopping, is the equivalant of emotional eating? Good thing you love her no matter what, some guys would take just what you described here and use that for grounds for the Divorce word, you must be a sensative and rare soul. Bless you!

The cow story was great, besides being a twig, she was an air-head, not being somewhat sensative, but too stupid to know the difference between cow and zebra! Didn't you just want to smack her, mentally that is?

Your comment on the beer is just like my husband, he is always thinking life would be beautiful and have everything if he could walk the malls and make pit stops for beer! He loves beer! He is of German descent (probably spelt wrong) and loves his beer, he will have 1 or 2 some nights but not always so he is not an alcholic. I like beer too, but hate what it does to my stomach goes right to it! So i've given it up. Once I lose my weight, I hope to enjoy one or two every now and then but will stick to the low-carb in hopes that it will help! Is your wife dieting with you? My hubby, is eating what I eat, but not as much fish, I like it, he barely tolerates fish, but I think he is hoping to drop a few pounds along the way.

But my hubby likes to buy jewelery, his mother designed it as a hobby and made some, so I have all kinds. I am a sentimental jewelery wearer, my wedding ring set always, and my favorite ring and favorite necklace, of course I get into trouble for not swapping them off with some of the other things I have but I like what I like and hate to change it, for him, I try and make a conscience effort to remember to change it around for a few days and then go back to my favorites. And... of course he has bought me some stuff that he just loves and I just don't like and that makes it difficult. Oh well, I'm crazy about that man anyway!
Closed Thread