Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2004, 04:41 PM   #1  

Thumbs down Looking for NZ buddies

Hi I'm 44, married and looking for kiwi buddies to help loose some weight.....if anyone would like to reply that would be great, even if you are from another country..we can support each other and learn about life!!
Old 03-13-2004, 04:28 AM   #2  

Hi Kiwichickie

I'm not in NZ but am a Aussie, is that ok? There aren't many of us around in here!

I'm in Melbourne married with 3 kids. I've been up to 90 kgs in the last few years am currently 65.9 kgs. I started with a program called Sureslim in Jan and have great success with it.

Anyways, willl cya later I guess.
Old 03-13-2004, 12:30 PM   #3  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hi ladies,
If you want to pop over to the Support Groups section and
check out our thead - Focused Chicks of the World - you're more than welcome to join us.

We have people from Great Britain, the U.S., Germany and a few Kiwis too. A great, friendly group of people. Hope to see you there.
Old 03-14-2004, 05:24 PM   #4  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Just like to echo Happy's reply. I'm a Kiwi based in Brisbane Australia. Our little group (Focussed Chicks) has a couple of Kiwis - we did have more but they have moved on. We even at one stage had a Kiwi based in South Carolina. It would be great to have you one board. And to Wubbabubba (love the name) it would be great to have an Aussie with us just to round out the South Pacific connection.
Have a great day
Old 03-14-2004, 07:14 PM   #5  

Hi Julie,
I am living in Sydney, a transplant from America and I've been seeing that Sureslim program on TV, can you tell me more about it like how much does it cost and how does it work? I see you've gotten fabulous results so far, that's what I want!!

Thanks,
Wendy
Old 03-15-2004, 03:50 AM   #6  

Hi Wendy

I have been on Sureslim for 9 weeks and have lost nearly 10 kgs. I lost 6 kgs in the first month, and have since settled down to a 0.5-0.8 loss a week.

They take a blood test initially to determine your levels re: chlores etc, this usually takes 2 weeks. When the pathology have done their thing, Sureslim model a program based on your results. With my test I had moderate levels of chloesteral and my program allows red meat only x2 a week until I get retested at 12 weeks.

It's basically a protein/vege combo each meal. For example my dinner is 125 g of protein (chicken, fish or red meat) and then 120 g of vegetables (they supply a list). Meals are eaten 5 hours apart, say 8 am then 1 pm then 6 pm, no food after 8pm, and you need to eat your meal within an hour of starting. No soft drinks, fruit juice and caffeine x3 a day only. Fruits and of course water is part of the program.

Its costs $750 and this is for a 12 month contract, there are also monthly plans available to spread out the cost. You have weekly consultations/weigh ins as part of the program. There is a lot more I haven't gone into, but Sureslim do hold free seminars if you are interested. They are not pushy at all, so hop along to your local centre. I'm part of a Sureslim forum on another site and the weight loss is incredible from some of the women.

I hope this helps! if you want anymore info just holler
Old 03-16-2004, 06:14 PM   #7  

Thanks for all the info. Julie, it sounds like a very good program! I'm going to check out one of the seminars and see if it would be something we could afford.

Wendy
Closed Thread