Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2004, 02:42 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 376/319/170

Height: 5'2

Arrow 100+ and need a buddy

Hi everyone, this is my first time visiting this site and I love it! I've been wanting to find someone to buddy up with that can understand where im coming from. First, a little about me:
I've been heavy all of my life. Ive been on soooo many diets and failed miserably I can't even remember the last time I exercised. Im 27, married with no children and I think the reason for that is my weight, Im hoping if I lose weight, maybe I can have a baby, Im so sick of watching everyone around me have babies
Im at the point now where I avoid all reflective surfaces so I dont see myself, I just get so down sometimes and I really dont have anyone to talk to that I can share/vent with. I'm the heaviest one on my family now so that doesnt help. Im getting ready to start a new lifestlye. Im going to start the DASH (Dietary approach to stopping hypertension) diet and Im trying to find a ggod exercise I can ease myself into. Ive been so sedentary, that I feel like I cant do anything anymore. I know I have 100 or more to lose, but I havent weighed myself in years, I know I need to change, I just need someone to share with and help me on this endeavor and hopefully I wont fail this time. I'd love to find someone who could chat to me through email, AIM or yahoo messenger, if anyone knows where Im coming from, drop me an email!

thanks for reading!
Heather_dw
Old 02-28-2004, 01:33 PM   #2  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Hi Heather,

Just wanted to welcome you to the site. It is a wonderful place full of supportive, caring and understanding people. It is such a comfort to be able to come here and know that you can share with somebody who knows how you are feeling and what you are going through.

There is a group of us down the page a bit ~ the 100 pound club. We are a group who has about that amount (sometimes a little more, sometimes a little less) to lose. We are all ages and on different plans. You are welcome to join us.

Read around jump in and post. Looking forward to getting to know you.

Take care ~ Gayle
Old 02-28-2004, 11:24 PM   #3  

Default I need to lose a lot too!

Hi Heather,

My name is Shannon and I'm 25 years old. I'm from Michigan. It sounds like we both have a lot to lose. If you're interested, please send me a private message. I'm doing a different type of diet, but we'll discuss all that!! I'll talk to you soon!

~Shannon
Old 02-29-2004, 01:07 PM   #4  

Hi Heather-

My name is Missy. I am 27, married (no children because of the weight), and live in Minnesota. I am starting my diet/excercise program this week and would love a buddy. I have 100 + to lose . I really want to work hard at this because I would like to get pregnant, but most importantly, feel better about myself. If you are still looking for a buddy, let me know! By the way, I saw your home page. I LOVE soy candles. I recently got into soy tarts as well. Have a great day.

Missy
Old 03-08-2004, 02:27 PM   #5  
*~*~*

Default *~*~*~*~*~*~*

Hi,
I'm looking for new people for my small group of 3.
Im 28 and have a little over 100 pounds to lose, not married and have no kids. I'd love to chat with you. You can find me at Alexias together we will lose the weight! just search for Alexias together and you will find me I hope to hear from you! Bye
Old 03-08-2004, 11:06 PM   #6  
Shelley

I feel you're pain Heather! Im 23 and have more like 150 to loose, am married with no children but want to have some in the future. I have just started my journey. Im in Arizona, and most of the time its too darn hot to do anything outside! I found this 3 a day apple plan that seems to be just up my alley. Ill let you know if I see results. If you want to talk feel free to email or AIM me at swattasu.
Old 03-09-2004, 01:19 AM   #7  
A princess on a mission

I was wondering how you become a member of the 100+ group. Ideally that is what I wish I could lose. Or maybe I should say what Im going to lose Please let me know how to join. AIM: jsscmngn
Old 03-09-2004, 03:40 AM   #8  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

SWattASU,

Can you tell me more about the 3 a day apple plan, or where I could find out more about it?

Thanks ~ Gayle
Closed Thread