Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2005, 12:55 PM   #1  
One day at a time

Default Newbie here and need a buddy

Hi everyone! I'm Tammy! I'm 25 and married to my wonderful hubby Dave. I have been dieting on and off for MANY years and decided I need to get this weight off now! I am going in mini goals so my first goal is 35 lbs, once I lose that weight I will set the next goal. I'd love a weightloss buddy cause I really need the support to keep me on the right track and to help me through this. I had a really rough week last week so I am trying to keep my spirits up and stick to my goals! Please let me know if you are interested in being my buddy!! I would love to support you in your weighloss!

I can't wait to get to know everyone here.. this seems like such a great place!
Old 10-19-2005, 12:59 PM   #2  
Kathy

Hi Tam! I am new here also and looking for a buddy to keep me on track.* laugh* I have quiet a bit of weight to lose (100+) in order for me to be able to have a baby. So I have a wonderfully precious gift at the end of my journey. Getting there is the problem. I look forward to getting to know you !
Old 10-19-2005, 01:06 PM   #3  
One day at a time

I just pmed you Kathy! I think we will be great buddies!
Old 10-19-2005, 01:26 PM   #4  
Journey To The Thin Me

S/C/G: 252/234/140

Height: 5'4

You have both come to a great place. You can find so much support and ideas here. And the motivation you get is unbelievable. I wish you both luck in your weight loss journey. I had about 100 lbs to lose. I am down to 75 left to go to reach 135. Having Mini goals is a great way to lose weight. It's easier to look at losing 15 or 20 lbs then looking at the big picture of needing to lose 60, 70, 80 or even more. Tam just remember to take it one day at a time. Don't be hard on yourself if you eat something that you thought that you shouldn't. We all make mistakes. You just have to keep pushing on and remember tomorrow is a new day. Take baby steps to ease into something new if you are unsure of it. Every little step helps.

Good luck to you Kathy. I can only imagine how you'll feel when you can finally have that little bundle of joy at the end of this hard road. Keep on working. You can do it.

Good luck girls. Keep on believing. You can do it.
Old 10-19-2005, 01:44 PM   #5  

Talking Another new one!

Hey Everyone! I've been lurking for a day just about and decided to finally join and get me some support myself! Yall seem awesome here and just what I need right now! haha

Anyways..
I'm Jenn, married to my wonderful Husband, Mike, since April 17, 2004. We live in Virginia. I'm 24, and Im very unhappy with myself, weight and so forth. I am overweight, and know I can do this and need to do this for *me*. My husband is very supportative, but bless his heart, he doesnt *stretch* me to do this, as he loves me just the way I am but he understands Im doing this for *me* to better myself and my self esteem!

I dont want to say how much I weigh, but since Im petite and short, I hide it well, so lots of ppl dont think I weigh as much as I say I do. Sooo.. to start off with, I want to lose *at least* 70 lbs! I need to lose more than that, but honestly if I lose that or even close to it.. I'll be so thrilled with myself!

I think thats it... Oh, I just started yesturday on the WW diet and so far, Im really liking it. I am also taking the pill, Relacore for my mood enhancement, stress, and of course sine I started this diet up.. doing all I can.

If you have any questions, support, encouragement, plese throw it my way! Im clueless at this diet, and very weak at food, so I need all the help and friends I can get during this journey!
Old 10-19-2005, 01:55 PM   #6  
Journey To The Thin Me

Hi Jenn. It's good to see you jump on in. This is a great place. You'll definitely find alot of support and motivation here. Plus it's nice to talk to others that know exactly what you are going through. I hope we can all help each other to get to where we want to be. I know it's hard to tell others how much we weigh. I found it hard to tell my own husband how much I weighed. He too, loves me just the way I am but I need to lose the weight for me. I want to feel better about myself and have the self confience to go out in public and not feel self concious about my body. Heck, I haven't owned a swimsuit in years because I don't want others to see me. I always feel like they could be talking about me and saying why doesn't she do something about her weight. Or someone might laugh. I just know that I want to be able to go into a store and get something off of the shelf that isn't plus sized. I want to be able to wear something nice and feel good about it.

If you ever need to chat, I'm almost always here. Good luck with you weight loss. You can do it. Just have to take it day to day. And every little bit helps. Just try not to get discouraged. Good luck.
Old 10-19-2005, 02:01 PM   #7  
One day at a time

Thanks Annie! I am really dedicated to losing weight this time. I know if I want to have a healthy life and have a baby some day soon I need to get my butt in gear! I'm actually really enjoying planning out our meals for the next week and all. I guess as long as I am obsessed with this it keeps my mind off other things.

Hi Jenn!! Its so great to "meet" you! My hubby also thinks I am just fine the way I am but I know I'm not. I know I need to lose weight not only to look better but to feel better.

And WOW Annie! I couldn't have said it better. I really hate shopping for clothes anymore. I never feel good in anything.. I always have to get things that don't cling and are a little baggy to hide my rolls and that are long enough and all that. And I don't go swimming in public.. OH NO!! LOL I will go swimming at my brothers or lounge in the back yard in my suit but you will never see me at a public pool.. but who knows.. maybe next year you will

Thanks so much for all the encouragement! It is great to know you gals are here and so supportive!
Old 10-19-2005, 02:23 PM   #8  
Kathy

Thank you Annie!! and Welcome Jenn! Looks like we are all in the same boat. I too hate shopping for clothes. Nothing ever fits right or I think it looks aweful. My hubby says he loves me just the way I am. PFFFTTTT I am so glad now that we have decided to have a baby he keeps encouraging me to lose weight and **shhhhhhhhhhhhh** but I read yesterday that if you lose weight your sex life will get better. Now I dont know how that is possible....but hey... I'm up for that.*laugh* You ladies stay in touch and WE CAN DO ANYTHING WE SET OUR MINDS TOO! (even give up Pepsi, huh Tam? *laugh*)
Old 10-19-2005, 02:27 PM   #9  
One day at a time

You can do it Kathy!! NO MORE PEPSI... NO MORE PEPSI (thats me cheering not yelling LOL)
Old 10-19-2005, 02:40 PM   #10  

Thanks yall!
Yall took the words out of my mouth! I feel the SAME way! Its so great to have a forum for this to come to and let it out. I run a message board, but its great to have one just dedicated to this and where alot of people know where you are coming from and feeling!

is anyone interested in exchanging messenger names to maybe get more familiar and support and be on each other that way? lol I need LOTS of support I think!
Old 10-19-2005, 02:47 PM   #11  
Journey To The Thin Me

Kathy I haven't read that but hey I'd go for that. Anything to improve sex life is good with me. I have to say that I used to drink Coke. But I don't don't it anymore. Hubby still drinks it but I haven't been tempted to drink it at all. I do have an occasional diet soda once a week. But that's it for soda. I like Dt. Sierra Mist, Diet A&W Root Beer and Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr Pepper are good. I find I am drinking more water and I love Lemonade Crystal Light especially if I can get it at Costco when my friend goes. I can get alot of it and for a much better price then in the store.

So I'll root for the both of you> No more Pepsi. You can do it. Can't wait for us all to be able to go shopping and pick from the rack.

Hi Brighteyes. I don't mind exchanging messenger names. I love to chat from time to time on them. Just let me know which one(s) you have. I am on yahoo, msn and I use aol. Good luck everyone. Let's keep in touch.
Old 10-19-2005, 08:16 PM   #12  

Default Hi!

I also need a buddy. Badly! Lol. I'm 25 and need to lose a lot, but right now, I just want to get out of the 200s. I just recently got out of the 200's and then gained so I'm back to square one. I cannot stick to any diet at all. WW, Jenny Craig, Ediets.... Oh I could go on. I have small successes and then I start to stumble. It's an ongoing struggle. I know it's all in my head. I just have to be strong and not succumb to stupid food decisions.
I need all the support I can get.
Old 10-19-2005, 11:06 PM   #13  
Journey To The Thin Me

Hello Dragonfly.

You can never have too many buddies. Hopefully we can all help each other together to reach our goals. Just have to take it one day at a time. Just have to cut things out or add things to your routine slowly. It's a long hard battle. And yes alot of it is all in our heads. Sometimes we just have to get out of the mentality that that we will just fail again. But with all the support here and the great success stories you read. Anything is possible. We just have to go out there and do it. Just remember tomorrow is a new day so don't beat yourself up if you falter. We all make mistakes. Good luck.
Old 10-20-2005, 12:31 AM   #14  

Okay.. So I'm Jenn.. I'm new around here and have quiet a bit of weight to lose.. the certian amount right now I dont know at the moment.. I'm turning 21 next month and am weighing in over 300... which is rather depressing.. I've been to my wonderful husband Josh since August 2004 and have miscarried and had a false pregnancy... in both cases I gained about 30-35 lbs.. after miscarring before my false preg I lost about 50 lbs and then gained it all back plus a little... I know if I can get my weight down I can get pregnate which is something I really do want. I would love to have a buddy.. having someone on the same journey as me would help a great deal.. right now I'm just going with small goals and trying to find the diet to work best for me with the medication I'm on... I'm excited to lose the weight and cant weight to see what my journey brings me...
Old 10-20-2005, 11:22 AM   #15  
One day at a time

Hey girls! I'd love to be your buddies! It really sounds like we are in the same boat! Jenn I really have a similar story.. you have no idea how close! We will make great buddies and I would love to support you and help you through your weight loss!
Closed Thread