Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2004, 11:46 AM   #31  
Professional dieter

S/C/G: 250/232/130

Height: 5'3"

Default Diet Plan

Hi Joann, this website doesn't follow any specific plan, it's for all plans. Just scroll down on the forum list and you'll see threads for like every diet. I am following the South Beach Diet. Specifically, I'm not sure what diet the 3 creators follow except for Jennifer3FC I know she's following the same diet as me, because of her insulin resistance its the only one she can lose weight on.
Hope this helps.
Old 01-19-2004, 12:11 PM   #32  

jennie 4 lbs. for the week is great. my weigh in is not until tomorrow afternoon and i can't wait because i have gone down 1 size in clothes and i am so excited. it has been a very hectic weekend and i will be so glad when my computer repaired at home. i have to almost threaten death to my daughters to use theirs so i just wait until i get to work and use this one, but i do miss the post during the weekend. more later i hope. again congrats jennie
Old 01-19-2004, 12:47 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 232/232/180

Height: 5'5"

Jennie- I am so proud of you! How on earth are you losing so much! I'm jealous !! That desert sounds fantastic. I made some jello the other day and I think it was old.. it tasted awful... like stinky socks! I have some ricotta in my fridge... I might have to make that this week!
Old 01-20-2004, 01:28 PM   #34  
Professional dieter

Default Weight Loss

Hey everybody

Chequitagirl, A whole size in clothes!

Paragoddess, 2 pounds is nothing to sneeze at! Envision what a 1 pound steak looks like, now throw another one exactly like it on top. That is how much weight you've lost! Two one-pound steaks. Now, don't you feel better. Sometimes you just gotta put things in perspective!

I am still on phase one of the south beach diet which you stay on a couple weeks and rapidly lose weight. Then you switch to phase 2 (you stay on this till you reach goal) where weight loss evens out to around 2 lbs a week. After you reach goal you go to phase 3 to maintain. It has to be the easiest diet I've ever seen it's not low-fat or low-carb. If you want to read about it go to www.prevention.com and type south beach diet into their search engine. This diet along with www.weightcommander.com is the reason for my success, but then again the same things don't work for everyone!

Talk to everyone later.
Old 01-20-2004, 08:34 PM   #35  

Wink Happy Tuesday!

Wow, y'all are so inspiring! It is so awesome that you are all losing weight. Chequitagirl, how awesome to be down a whole size. Iím afraid that my clothes are so snug right now that it will take a while to notice a difference. I havenít weighed in a few days because I went to a birthday dinner on Sunday and had my daughterís birthday ( for dinner, again) on Monday. I didnít lose it entirely, I got zucchini and squash instead of baked potato for my side, but I are more that usual. Today, I was under the weather and stayed home so I decided to wait until tomorrow to weigh in. My goal is to just keep plugging along, and not get discouraged. I really want to get to a healthier weight by June when I turn 50. Oh my gosh, half a century, and I donít feel any older that 28.LOL.

Everyone keep up the good work. You are all awesome! Have a wonderful evening.

Anne
Old 01-21-2004, 08:41 AM   #36  
Professional dieter

Talking Good Morning Ladies

I get so excited when I see someone has posted in our group, or for that matter, when someone new joins! I truly need the suppport to get through this whole weight loss thing! I'm sure you guys do too or else you wouldn't be here!

Well, I hope everyone is doing well! You can do it!
Old 01-21-2004, 11:44 AM   #37  

PeachyAnne - I applaud your good choices! We ordered out here the other day for lunch.. most people got O'Charleys Baked Potato Soup and such... I got Teriaki Chick on rice and steamed veggies.. I was proud of myself.. today is going to be a stick to it day since we went and had 25 cent wings with some friends we haven't seen in a while.. I had 5 of them and a few onion rings... I did have diet coke though!!

I hope everyone is having a great week and sticking to their goals!!!
Old 01-21-2004, 11:48 AM   #38  

i know what you mean paragoddess about making the good food choices. when you eat out with friends and family it is really hard. congrats on your sticktoittiveness!!!!!
Old 01-21-2004, 12:47 PM   #39  
Professional dieter

Default Good morning again!

I find it hard to stick to my guns every time I eat out! When we do go, I like to go to a steakhouse where I know I can get a big steak salad, or something like that!

My cat is really pissed off at me because I won't let him in the basement to play. He keeps pawing at the door! I can't let him down there though because we have 2 maybe 3 racoons down there! The top must have come off the chimney to the old furnace and they got in that way! They hang out in the cieling between the basement and first floor and in the old furnace closet. Now we keep the doors to it tied shut so they can't get out, but now some of the cieling tiles are starting to loosen where they've been sleeping! Soon they'll be in the basement too! I put a live animal trap in the closet with pb on bread and apples, but they always manage to get in, eat the food, and get out! The little ! I saw one yesterday though, in the closet, and it was sooooo cute. Too bad they'll rip your finger off though if you get too close!

Oh well, talk to you guys later. Keep up the good work!
Old 01-23-2004, 03:43 PM   #40  

Hi Debbiejarell

How are you doing? Look at this thread. It is great. Welcome to you. Why is it all so hard. I note with interest your comments about gym and weight. My husband is a fitness instructor and he says the best thing to do is to monitor your measurements. As muscle is heavier than fat it is common for someone to work out and put on weight, what you have to remember though is a toned person weighing 11stone looks much better than someone of 11stone who is not toned. I would suggest weighing maybe once a month but do your measurements every fortnight, I bet you will see a vast improvement. Also all those lost inches will change your body shape tremendously. See how you get on and let me know
Madcow
:go:
Old 01-23-2004, 03:47 PM   #41  

Girls look at this thread. It is fantastic. I have been soooo busy I have not viewed for a few days, look at what I have missed. everyone loosing weight and being positive. Lets all keep up the good work. If we carry on like this we will soon be disappearing. I have now lost 6lbs and am exercising more. It is great to see we are all doing well. Speak to you all again soon
Madcow

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Old 01-23-2004, 03:50 PM   #42  

congrats madcow on the 6lbs lost we may not disappear, but there will definately be alot less of us keep up the good work.
Old 01-23-2004, 04:01 PM   #43  

Audrey

Look at your stats. Girl you have got it sussed. How are you loosing? Are you following a plan or not? I am trying to be sensible and exercise more. I love the exercise part but still am struggling with the food side. Any ideas? Thinking about trying Atkins. What do you think?
Madcow
aka Sarah
Old 01-23-2004, 04:03 PM   #44  

Jennie - Hate to hear about the coons... All I could think about was that movie the Great Outdoors with John Candy.. when they go to the woods and the animals are all around and the bat gets in the cabin..

MadCow- 6 lbs is great!! Keep up the good work!
Old 01-23-2004, 04:21 PM   #45  

madcow i am pretty much following a diabetic diet. watching calories, cut fat and carbs, but not completely. my dietician says you have to have carbs for energy. the exercise part is the part i can't get into. i hope to go to the gym tomorrow for the first time since i started my journey last november. i have been walking, 2 miles 3 days a week.
Closed Thread