Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-21-2017, 11:25 PM   #1  

Default At wit's end and need help

Hello and thank you for taking the time to read this. I'll keep it brief.
I'm slowly killing myself and I need help. I don't know what to do or if I even care anymore. I've ballooned to over 300 lbs since having spinal fusion surgery a year and a half ago. I'm having trouble breathing and it's hard for me to move around much since I tire so easily now. Any advice or words of encouragement would be greatly appreciated. I'm 46 years old and I still have many things I wish to do before I croak. I don't have a spouse, kids, or a supportive family. It's just me and my dog's. I do have friends but they just don't seem to understand.
kellanardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 09:47 PM   #2  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eian Mcneely View Post
hey kellenardo

try this....
ENID, Okla. — Exercise, fruit and vegetables, lean meat and whole grains are all keys to fighting obesity.

Also watch Fed Up Documentary don't get dishearten... there is always light at the end of the tunnel
Thanks... I'll see if I can find it and watch tonight!
kellanardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 09:42 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellanardo View Post
Hello and thank you for taking the time to read this. I'll keep it brief.
I'm slowly killing myself and I need help. I don't know what to do or if I even care anymore. I've ballooned to over 300 lbs since having spinal fusion surgery a year and a half ago. I'm having trouble breathing and it's hard for me to move around much since I tire so easily now. Any advice or words of encouragement would be greatly appreciated. I'm 46 years old and I still have many things I wish to do before I croak. I don't have a spouse, kids, or a supportive family. It's just me and my dog's. I do have friends but they just don't seem to understand.
Hi Kellanardo I finding a lack of motivation and just wanting to reach out too! I am sorry that you do not have much of a support system, but hopefully you find some on here! Just know that you are worth the effort to change your life for the better and for a healthier you. It seems it is always the beginning of the journey that is the most difficult. I lost 50lbs a few years back and had never felt more better in my whole life and more confident. The more weight you lose, the better you feel about yourself. It is a tough road, but only because you are fighting against yourself. You absolutely have to be your own counselor sometimes and push yourself and to also tell yourself it will be ok and that you have it in yourself to make the changes one by one. Start slow, right now I am going start working out on the weekends when I tend to have more energy. You got this!
e_boh312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 05:57 PM   #4  

Hi Kellanardo,

Diets are great, but the key is to find the right one that fits your needs and then stick to it. The first step is a burning desire to change from where you are now to where you want to be tomorrow. You said that you still have many things you wish to do. You're young (46). You're beautiful regardless of what you see in the mirror. Everything we do, everything we become begins in your mind. You said you lack support from family and your friends just don't understand. Lets focus on YOU. Get plugged in with people who will motivate you and mentor you. If you're interested in a starting point, all you have to do is reply.
FuntasticLiving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 02:40 AM   #5  

Nice to meet you, I know you've come to the right place. Losing weight is tough, but you can do it. Stay strong
BonnieBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 09:54 AM   #6  

kellarnardo I am glad that you found this site. You will meet some amazing and supportive people here. I suggest studying the sight a bit and checking out all the threads etc. There are many groups and threads in every weight range and various plans etc., It really is great! Welcome aboard and bravo to you for taking the first step!
Weekend Boater is offline   Reply With Quote