Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-10-2015, 12:02 AM   #1  
Fighting Dreamer

S/C/G: 200/150/110

Height: 5'3''

Talking 23, f; Looking for a Weight Loss Buddy

Hi!!

I'm a 23-year-old student weighing in at 150lbs at a height of 5'3''. I started off at around 200lbs 3-4 years ago, lost the 50lbs rather quickly and have been holding my weight since. Now I'm trying to lose the remaining 30-40lbs.

I'm a student with a really busy lifestyle, which is why starting again right now is a bit hard for me. But I will be graduating in May next year and want to reach my goal before that, so I can start my adult life as the person I want to be. I'm usually doing quite well for most of the week, but then I'm having extreme cheat days where I binge on pretty much all the calories I saved up during the week. I'm posting here because I need support and motivation to start this journey again.

I think I have an issue holding myself accountable. I secretly eat bad foods so my roommates won't see. They are all really fit, so I feel awkward eating cookies in front of them. hahaha

I've been overweight ever since I was a child. It mostly goes back to me just loving food. My dad is a French chef, so I've been used to creamy sauces and hearty foods since I can remember. That brought me to being almost 200lbs when I finished high school. After that, I started university, moved away from my parents and completely restructured my habits. I lost 50pounds in half a year by eating healthy and scarce and exercising a bit. When I reached 150lbs, I stopped losing weight for months. I wasn't sure if it was because of exam stress, metabolism, or that was just the weight that matched my calorie intake.
But eating less made me grumpy and I was a bit lazy about exercising back then, so after 2 months, I just stopped caring I think. I was feeling a lot better with my new body and wanted to enjoy it, rather than keeping working hard to get further. So that's what I did, I started living and having fun.
A couple of months after I started kickboxing and have managed to keep my weight in the 2 1/2 year since then.
Currently I'm running from time to time, I'm using the elliptical sometimes and I'm taking body sculpt classes at least once a week. But the weight has been constant at those 150lbs without moving.

So, I/m planning to take a closer look at my calories. I'm using an app called LoseIt, which I really like. Furthermore, I would like to actually attend my body sculpt class 3 times a week and do cardio on 2 or 3 of the remaining days.
But I feel like I'm not able to motivate myself to well right now.

That is why I'm looking for a weight loss buddy. I'd like to connect with a person with a similar background who wants motivation and accountability on this journey as well. We could talk over whatsapp and monitor our food and exercise on loseit. That way, if one of us falls out of line, the other one can kick butt.

If anyone is interested in starting this journey with me, please let me know.

Last edited by Jade11235; 10-10-2015 at 12:04 AM.
Jade11235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 08:38 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 400.2/346/130

Height: 5"4' or so

Hi Jade. I am interested in being your workout buddy. Here is a little info about me.

I have been overweight my whole life. My highest weight has been 400 pounds. I have been there twice. I lost 100 pounds with Weight Watchers several years ago but put it all back on. A year and a half ago I joined TOPS. From when I joined the end of March until Dec. 31 of 2014 I had lost 55 pounds. My highest loss with TOPS has been 70 pounds. My weight keeps bouncing. Right now I am at about a 50 pound loss.

I really need to watch what I eat because that is a big part of the problem. However, I also need to get motivated to exercise and stay with it!! That is my biggest challenge.

If you would like to be diet buddies let me know!
NDGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 08:39 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 231.4/199.8/140 As of 12/19/15

Height: 5'6"

Hi Jade! I want to say welcome and wish you luck in your journey! It's great youre over halfway to your goal I wish I could be an accountability buddy but I don't get over here too often lol. It sounds like exercise wise you are kicking butt I've heard the loseit app is good, although I use mfp (seems like everything I eat is in there).
MovingOnNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 11:03 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Hi Jade! Congrats on your weight loss so far! Good idea to keep moving and to reexamine your calorie intake! It looks like you may have found a weight loss buddy in NDGal, and I wish you both the best! Good luck!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote