Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-11-2015, 06:56 AM   #1  

Default Hello Need to lose half my bodyweight

Hi my name is Emma and I'm 37. I have 3 kids ages 17 13 and 8. We all have ehlers danlos syndrome. I also have fibromyalgia, sleep apnea, and a underactive thyroid. I currently weigh 20 stones 6lbs and wish to lose half my body weight. I have tried all the diets and plans over the years. I am really struggling to lose weight. I suffer from chronic fatigue and constant pain. This is obviously not helped due to my weight either. I hope to meet and chat to people in the same situation as me for advice and support and I hope to support them the same. Thanks for reading this.
oxfordemma1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 09:22 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Hi OxfordEmma1978! I am so sorry to hear of your physical issues, especially your pain. I have rheumatoid arthritis and fibromyalsia, and although they are not currently flaring, I know how badly it hurts and how debilitating the chronic fatigue and depression associated with them are! I hope you have found one or more good doctors and they are treating you successfully for some of these issues! I think what I eat affects my conditions SO MUCH, so I'm glad you are taking steps to change your weight and in doing so you'll have to change your eating. I LOVE sweets. And I think the sweets and other quick-burning carbs, like potatoes and pasta, cause me to have inflammation that aggravates my joints terribly. You said you've tried many diet plans. Have you tried a low glycemic index diet? That has been the type of diet that has worked most successfully for me. The diet I'm on is a modified version of one called the Slow Carb Diet. It's not exactly low carb, but it's picky about types of carbs. I actually have one day a week when I can eat anything I want and although that's probably not the best thing for my RA and fibro, I know me, and I'm not going to stick to a super strict diet, so this one is perfect for me in that sense. Also, it doesn't require exercise (good for the days when I'm hurting badly), although I think some exercise is healthy for our bodies so I try to do what I can. Anyway, I am glad you are here, and I wish you the best! You CAN feel better, and I hope you do!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote