Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-25-2014, 11:41 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 265/265/214

Height: 5'8"

Default New Today

Hi,

Just found this site today. I am absolutely sick and tired of being obese. I have tried to lose weight so many times. I do have PCOS and am told it makes it harder to lose weight. I know that’s just another excuse. This time last year I was insulin resistant, but since then I have made it a mission to only use real food to feed my family. Even before it didn't seem like I used boxed food very often but just removing them completely has made a different. I am no longer insulin resistant and my cholesterol is going down. My Weight on the other hand has not changed. I am a pretty active person, I have 3 kids, a husband, 2 dogs, and 3 cats . We do 4-H, Cub Scouts, Daisy's, Sports, and community service. I am a 4-H leader, Poultry Leader for our county, as well as on the executive board for 4-H; so needless to say I am pretty active at times. I also have a mini hobby farm ( chicken & ducks, with goats and a pony coming Spring).

I will admit that I have a tendency to sit on the computer during the day, so I believe that is why I am the size I am. I recently volunteered to be a Wolf Den leader, and while going through the paperwork I found that if I am over 214 pounds the Scouts reserve the right to exclude me in physical activities . I guess that is kind of a wake up call. So my first goal is to loose 51 pounds. There is no way I want to be told I can't do something with my son because I am to fat. Not to mention I hate being fat. I hate the way my clothes fit, I am embarrassed when I am in public places, I feel like everyone is staring as my sagging belly.

I really hope, I stick with it this time. I don't want to be fat anymore!
Apyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 02:21 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/132/125 or 115? not sure

Height: 5'4" (on a good-hair day!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apyl View Post
Hi,

Just found this site today. I am absolutely sick and tired of being obese. I have tried to lose weight so many times. I do have PCOS and am told it makes it harder to lose weight. I know that’s just another excuse. This time last year I was insulin resistant, but since then I have made it a mission to only use real food to feed my family. Even before it didn't seem like I used boxed food very often but just removing them completely has made a different. I am no longer insulin resistant and my cholesterol is going down. My Weight on the other hand has not changed. I am a pretty active person, I have 3 kids, a husband, 2 dogs, and 3 cats . We do 4-H, Cub Scouts, Daisy's, Sports, and community service. I am a 4-H leader, Poultry Leader for our county, as well as on the executive board for 4-H; so needless to say I am pretty active at times. I also have a mini hobby farm ( chicken & ducks, with goats and a pony coming Spring).

I will admit that I have a tendency to sit on the computer during the day, so I believe that is why I am the size I am. I recently volunteered to be a Wolf Den leader, and while going through the paperwork I found that if I am over 214 pounds the Scouts reserve the right to exclude me in physical activities . I guess that is kind of a wake up call. So my first goal is to loose 51 pounds. There is no way I want to be told I can't do something with my son because I am to fat. Not to mention I hate being fat. I hate the way my clothes fit, I am embarrassed when I am in public places, I feel like everyone is staring as my sagging belly.

I really hope, I stick with it this time. I don't want to be fat anymore!

Wow, you are a busy lady!! But glad you found time to look us up. There's lots of support here, even a PCOS section, which you probably already noticed. No better motivation than health and your kids - plenty of adult leaders get fit in BSA!

You've made a great step in getting rid of processed foods and the end of the insulin resistance is proof of that. Keep going! Good luck.
Mountain Mamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 03:49 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 302/294/160

Height: 170 cm

Holy, you are busy!! I'm sorta in awe. Go you!

You're right about PCOS - it really *does* make it more difficult to lose weight. It's part of the deal. It's not JUST an excuse. But that just means you don't use it as one!

I'm impressed with the removal of processed foods. That's a big step! It sounds to me like what may work for you is finding little things to change here and there and just watch as your body reacts and changes to those improved, healthier ways of living.

I also hate being fat. I totally feel ya! I hope you stick with it too. Let us help you! Good luck.
Bardess is offline   Reply With Quote