Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-04-2014, 08:21 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 297/297/250

Height: 5'7"

Red face Determined to lose it.

Hi, I made this account a few years ago, but never really got motivated to lose weight. Well, I'm 40 years old now, and since turning 40 in October, I've had my mother's voice in my head saying "it's going to be harder to lose it as you get older, better do it now!" Well, my mother passed away Feb 13 2013 and as we approach that anniversary, the voice is getting louder and louder...she's practically yelling at this point! Haha...

So here I am. I finally purchased a Wii, got WiiFit, and I've actually lost about 10 lbs in the last 2-3 weeks by just cutting back portions, mainly by not eating seconds at dinner. My biggest issue has been sweets...whether it be cookies, soda, cake, sugar in general really. I've been told I'm pre-diabetic and I'm not happy about it. I currently weight 297lbs according to my WiiFit. My first goal is going to be 250lbs, and I'll go from there as I travel along this long and overdue road. Luckily my husband is making the journey with me, his goal is to lose 60lbs, so we'll be doing it together.

I'm looking forward to making new connections as I walk down my path, and hopefully we can walk together.
Mirror Image is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 10:24 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Welcome!!
penmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 09:59 AM   #3  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Welcome! And congratulations on losing that 10lbs, what a great start! And you can see that just by starting to make positive changes you can get good results!

I'm glad your husband is joining you, that can be such an advantage! Please jump right into the forum and start sharing, don't hold back -- there are lots of great people here and lots of good info and support! Come hang out with us in the 40-somethings forum! We're all really nice if I do say so myself!

Last edited by Mrs Snark; 02-05-2014 at 09:59 AM.
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote